•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Boyle County 32 Corbin 26 (4A State Championship)
(12-08-2022, 11:31 AM)Corbin Wrote: I agree 100% about the talk on social media about Mrs. Haddix being fake news as they say. It is no surprise whatsoever that the people who were so vocal about these "rumors" of her cursing players were those who either are clearly part of the "good ol boy network" or have family that would possibly be out of work if Haddix came back. I am 95% positive that nothing was said to any kids. This is just a perfect opportunity to make up something to try and put doubt in the minds of those who have been working on getting them back to Corbin. If anything was said, I'm sure it was good natured and in a joking manner because say what you want but the Haddix's love those kids at both Corbin and Boyle alike. Coach or not, you won't find many who open their home weekly to dozens of hell raising teenagers and feed them every  week. They're great people who just fell victim of the crooked Corbin politics that try to control every coach.

So, have there ,indeed , been people working behind the scenes to get them back to Corbin? And the ranting on social media about Ms. Haddix is a conspiracy to put doubts in the minds of those working hard to get them back?

Just to clarify I have never said Ms. Haddix  said anything negative to Corbin teenagers. I said that it is on social media from a couple of sources that she did.  I can't imagine someone of her stature would stoop to that . Whether anything was said or not and whether 12 kids and 3 coaches heard it, I have no idea. Maybe someone should ask the Corbin coaches.

Also, some have said there is a 0% chance that Haddix returns to Corbin. The owner of a HS sports website recently raised the question---what if Corbin made him an offer package that he couldn't refuse? Some kind of ungodly package that would eclipse what even Boyle or a college would be willing to do.  What was it Ted Dibiase(Million Dollar Man) always said?

Look, I don't see Justin ever back here. But to say...NEVER ?  I wouldn't go that far.   Much, MUCH strnger things have happened in sports, involving coaches(at every level).

Oh, and I agree with crooked Corbin politics. I live in the midst of it. I see the Haddix's as more the victims of the nastiness than the perpetrators of it.

(12-08-2022, 12:37 PM)Colonelfan72 Wrote: So I guess all of you so called Corbin fans don't believe what the players are telling their parents? Maybe you guys should ask some players before writing off silly comments. The truth is there if you actually know any players ask them.

I'll ask you. What's the truth?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Playcaller66
(12-08-2022, 01:15 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: So, have there ,indeed , been people working behind the scenes to get them back to Corbin? And the ranting on social media about Ms. Haddix is a conspiracy to put doubts in the minds of those working hard to get them back?

I've heard for about 6 months that there was a plan to get him back. I think that is very real and closer to happening more than people want to let on. Now could something have changed in the past few weeks? Absolutely but there was a whole lot of smoke to that fire. A lot had to do with the school board election and whether or not certain people (Cox) retired and Tommy became Super. I have no doubt a lot of the social media stuff was fabricated just based on the people who were making such a fuss.

Just to clarify I have never said Ms. Haddix  said anything negative to Corbin teenagers. I said that it is on social media from a couple of sources that she did.  I can't imagine someone of her stature would stoop to that . Whether anything was said or not and whether 12 kids and 3 coaches heard it, I have no idea. Maybe someone should ask the Corbin coaches.

I just can't see the wife of a coach talking ugly to a kid. I may feel like cussing my kids 90% of the time but I never would. I sure wouldn't cuss at someone else's.

Also, some have said there is a 0% chance that Haddix returns to Corbin. The owner of a HS sports website recently raised the question---what if Corbin made him an offer package that he couldn't refuse? Some kind of ungodly package that would eclipse what even Boyle or a college would be willing to do.  What was it Ted Dibiase(Million Dollar Man) always said?
"Everybody's got a price" I also think that was telling to read the post by the owner of that other forum to bring it up. I found it especially odd seeing as they're known to be quick to censor people and cut down on rumors on that site.

Look, I don't see Justin ever back here. But to say...NEVER ?  I wouldn't go that far.   Much, MUCH strnger things have happened in sports, involving coaches(at every level).
I was told that they like Boyle but miss Corbin as they never really wanted to leave. That is hard to get a read on though because I'm sure they will tell Corbin folks that they loved it here but I'm sure they love it in Danville too. People can like two places. I would never say never.

Oh, and I agree with crooked Corbin politics. I live in the midst of it.  I see the Haddix's  as  more the victims of the nastiness than the perpetrators of it.
If it weren't for the kids, I would have a hard time rooting for Corbin just based on the people and their inflated egos that "run things" as they like to think. To me it is more or less people not being able to let go of their "glory days" and their crowning achievement in life was things that happened in High School. What these people did in the past for the program is great but it's time they quit living off of those accomplishments and try to make it where the new generation can have the same success.
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • HighViz, Old School Hound
(12-08-2022, 01:47 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 01:15 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: So, have there ,indeed , been people working behind the scenes to get them back to Corbin? And the ranting on social media about Ms. Haddix is a conspiracy to put doubts in the minds of those working hard to get them back?

I've heard for about 6 months that there was a plan to get him back. I think that is very real and closer to happening more than people want to let on. Now could something have changed in the past few weeks? Absolutely but there was a whole lot of smoke to that fire. A lot had to do with the school board election and whether or not certain people (Cox) retired and Tommy became Super. I have no doubt a lot of the social media stuff was fabricated just based on the people who were making such a fuss.

I just can't see the wife of a coach talking ugly to a kid. I may feel like cussing my kids 90% of the time but I never would. I sure wouldn't cuss at someone else's.

"Everybody's got a price" I also think that was telling to read the post by the owner of that other forum to bring it up. I found it especially odd seeing as they're known to be quick to censor people and cut down on rumors on that site.

I was told that they like Boyle but miss Corbin as they never really wanted to leave. That is hard to get a read on though because I'm sure they will tell Corbin folks that they loved it here but I'm sure they love it in Danville too. People can like two places. I would never say never.

Oh, and I agree with crooked Corbin politics. I live in the midst of it.  I see the Haddix's  as  more the victims of the nastiness than the perpetrators of it.
If it weren't for the kids, I would have a hard time rooting for Corbin just based on the people and their inflated egos that "run things" as they like to think. To me it is more or less people not being able to let go of their "glory days" and their crowning achievement in life was things that happened in High School. What these people did in the past for the program is great but it's time they quit living off of those accomplishments and try to make it where the new generation can have the same success.

I agree with you about the coaching change rumor topic that was brought up by the owner of the website. The fact that he posted that thread tells me that he must have been told by some pretty reliable sources that there was substance to those rumors. Otherwise, he wouldn't have authored it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Corbin
(12-08-2022, 01:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 01:47 PM)Corbin Wrote:

I agree with you about the coaching change rumor topic that was brought up by the owner of the website. The fact that he posted that thread tells me that he must have been told by some pretty reliable sources that there was substance to those rumors. Otherwise, he wouldn't have authored it.

What website are you guys even talking about? I’ve definitely missed that one..The one thing that always seems to rear it’s ugly head everytime Corbin gets beat on the big stage no matter the sport is it’s always someone else’s fault. The Redhounds of old never blamed anyone but themselves when they got beat and went out next day and started putting in the work to get better for next time. We got beat by a really good football team and that’s it. I hate it for the kids and school as well as the community but quess what , the Hounds will be back next year even better and if you don’t think so hang around and watch. The Kids at Corbin play for much more than the head coach I assure you of that. If Coach Haddix returns in the near future then everything will be right in the universe to some but not others but either way The Hounds keep on keeping on. Old saying at Corbin that no one person is bigger than our program and that should be the case now. If coach Haddix comes back to Corbin we’ll all support him and if Greer is still the coach we’ll support him as well. It’s about the KIDS not the coach and ego’s…but rest assured if coach Haddix does in fact come back then he’s no doubt got a lot of followers to include players who will follow him wherever he goes or stays. I’d even go out on a limb and say if he left Boyle County ( hypothetically) 3-4 players go with him. Either way it’s been a phenomenal season of Football here in the bluegrass and can’t wait to watch how this next season will unfold with time. Go Hounds..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • Corbin
No advertising the other website on here. That is not allowed.
(12-08-2022, 02:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: No advertising the other website on here. That is not allowed.

By asking a question what site others are talking about on here is considered advertising for another site? I’m surely not advertising for another site I can promise you that..
(12-08-2022, 04:54 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:56 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: No advertising the other website on here. That is not allowed.

By asking a question what site others are talking about on here is considered advertising for another site? I’m surely not advertising for another site I can promise you that..

Don't take it that I said you were advertising at all. But the post I made was for everyone to know that if anyone puts the name or link on here, it is considered advertising the other site and we will close the thread and for that matter any thread that does so. Just a prior warning. So far, no one has really broken any rules, just feelings  Smile so everyone is fine. But do not post the name of the other site, that is all. Not my rule, but a rule that the owner of this site makes everyone follow. Hope that explains it better. Carry on.
I was just going to say something like that Bull, but you said it better!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-08-2022, 05:07 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I was just going to say something like that Bull, but you said it better!!!

Boy's don't wake up GrannyBear!!!!!   Smile She is watching!
(12-08-2022, 02:54 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 12:03 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: From the looks of it this thread has about ran its course imo, every other comment since about the 3 or 4 page only seems to take away from what I thought was one of the best Championship games I watched over the weekend, maybe because it was the only one….Again Congrats to Boyle, I still Love my boys in red, and I don’t at all care about what someone said during a warm up before the game etc. act like adults and move on games over and thankfully no one was injured from either side.  Hope everyone has a very blessed Merry CHRISTmas.

I happened to come cross the topic on another sports forum entitled " Coaching Changes at Corbin and Boyle County?"  A Corbin fan mentioned that she had yelled some things at the Corbin kids during warm-ups. I get how she might be bitter at being run out of our town. Lots of sneaky, dirty scoundrels in this town, for sure.  Yelling at adults might be understandable but yelling at teenage kids would might suggest a need for a therapist. Apparently, there are a dozen or so parents that very much DO care what adults are yelling at their kids in red.

If they care so much then why are they letting them play football?  It’s been a while since I’ve laced up a pair of cleats but I’d about guarantee there’s nothing they heard on the football field that night they haven’t heard before and most likely at football practice.  All I’m saying is all this is a bad look, we lost, not because of the refs, not because of someone’s wife, not because of the weather etc., but because the scoreboard don’t lie…All this doesn’t change the way I feel about our kids and how hard they played for all of us…I’m not upset at the coaches because we lost to Johnson Central last year, I’m upset because of the way we lost and the toxicity that was allowed to destroy the team…I’m not upset at the coaches because we lost to Boyle Co, I’m upset that they couldn’t take a kid aside before the season started and tell him his role was changing, like MEN who are supposed to be mentors should have.  All of what I’ve said has turned into a bad look it needs to be addressed somewhere besides here, that’s all I’m saying.  I’m off the soap box if someone will PM me this link they’re talking about I’ll post it so Bull will close the thread…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)