Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T’was the Night Before Finals
T’was the night before finals, when all through the town not a player was stirring, they dreamt of touchdowns.  The helmets were hung by their lockers with care, In hopes that a championship trophy soon would be there.

The players were nestled all snug in their bed while visions of victory danced in their heads. And the coach with his playbook sat in his lap, had just settled his brain and hoped for a nap.  When out in the internet there arose such a clatter, old men in the forums spoke like their opinions do matter.  

On the way to Kroger the bus drove with much care, for the driver knew he must make sure the team safely gets there.  Before bed the head coach, so lively and quick, was so nervous that night he got a little sick.

As the announcer prepared for the game he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name: Now! Panther, now! Ram, now! Cardinal, and Tiger, On! Centurion, on! Tiger, on! Red Hound and Rebel, Now! Bronco, now! Purple, now! Bulldog, and Charger. 

At the top of the press box to sat on the wall a giant camera ready to film all.  In that room were giant trophies ready to be claimed.  For this weekend the champions will be named.

And then after the battles the season will come to an end and the players will laugh and cry with a friend.  For the seniors, the journey comes to a close , but their futures are bright as everyone knows. When they leave field one last time and hold their parents real tight, win or lose they know that they fought the good fight.  As the players sleep in bed after being tucked, I say , Happy Finals to all, and to all best of luck!
[-] The following 11 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • 16thregioner, 64SUR, BEChargers, Bull got out!, Fanatic42, Granny Bear, jetpilot, Patriot1, pjdoug, SlantZ, smoke1015
Awesome stuff OB
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(12-01-2022, 09:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Awesome stuff OB
Will you be at the game tomorrow?
Very Nice! I like it! I would like to add. Its been a very fun year talking to everyone and jokiing around on here about the sport we all love. Good luck to all the teams win or lose. Hold your heads high, you made it to the finals. You are at the top of the pinnacle in Kentucky High School Football. Embrace the moment.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Orange Blaze, smoke1015
I’m sitting in the Griffin Gate Marriott chomping at the bit to watch this game. Can’t wait for 12 o’clock to roll around!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-01-2022, 09:28 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: T’was the night before finals, when all through the town not a player was stirring, they dreamt of touchdowns.  The helmets were hung by their lockers with care, In hopes that a championship trophy soon would be there.

The players were nestled all snug in their bed while visions of victory danced in their heads. And the coach with his playbook sat in his lap, had just settled his brain and hoped for a nap.  When out in the internet there arose such a clatter, old men in the forums spoke like their opinions do matter.  

On the way to Kroger the bus drove with much care, for the driver knew he must make sure the team safely gets there.  Before bed the head coach, so lively and quick, was so nervous that night he got a little sick.

As the announcer prepared for the game he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name: Now! Panther, now! Ram, now! Cardinal, and Tiger, On! Centurion, on! Tiger, on! Red Hound and Rebel, Now! Bronco, now! Purple, now! Bulldog, and Charger. 

At the top of the press box to sat on the wall a giant camera ready to film all.  In that room were giant trophies ready to be claimed.  For this weekend the champions will be named.

And then after the battles the season will come to an end and the players will laugh and cry with a friend.  For the seniors, the journey comes to a close , but their futures are bright as everyone knows. When they leave field one last time and hold their parents real tight, win or lose they know that they fought the good fight.  As the players sleep in bed after being tucked, I say , Happy Finals to all, and to all best of luck!

Beautifully written, Mr. Blaze.
(12-01-2022, 10:58 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I’m sitting in the Griffin Gate Marriott chomping at the but to watch this game. Can’t wait for 12 o’clock to roll around!

Smoke the but, before you chomp on it. lol
(12-01-2022, 10:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Very Nice! I like it! I would like to add. Its been a very fun year talking to everyone and jokiing around on here about the sport we all love. Good luck to all the teams win or lose. Hold your heads high, you made it to the finals. You are at the top of the pinnacle in Kentucky High School Football. Embrace the moment.

It has been awesome, my friend. I hope to see the team from Goldbug reach the big stage someday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-01-2022, 11:08 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 10:58 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I’m sitting in the Griffin Gate Marriott chomping at the but to watch this game. Can’t wait for 12 o’clock to roll around!

Smoke the but, before you chomp on it. lol

Bahahahaha
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Dang I scrolled right through this and didn’t see it, got mad no one made one, then made one! Lol. No where near as good though. But I do have a handicap tonight haha.

Twas’ the night before kickoff,
and all through the land,
Just 22 more hours,
Then here comes the fans!

Bull wanted more coffee,
Hoping it was hot,
Give the redhound effort,
Make your damn pot!

Granny was sitting by the fire,
Reading post from PJ Doug,
He was giving them hell trolling,
Then asking if they want a hug?

Old school was worrying,
Thinking his head or his gut?
I said hounds will be on fire,
we’ll be another smoking pork butt!

Both TD and Hound,
Are worried about the plan,
The other team?
Well they have their man!

Ole Hoot was arguing,
But no one was around,
16 post later,
Still nothing profound!

Jack was staying quiet,
Maybe he has been napping,
The hounds will wake him up,
Then send all them packing,

Patriot on a different thread,
In a heated exchange,
He still thinks they can beat they hounds,
Because they made a change!

Sur won’t give his pick,
But he knows in his head,
When the clock hits zeros,
It’s gonna be all red.

Greer says we’re playing for two C’s,
Corbin and the almighty,
I haven’t made a prediction yet,
I’ll take the hounds by 90!

I’m out of words,
I’m pretty much slurring,
All I need is a victory cigar,
To go with this bourbon!
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Patriot1
His handicap?

He's drunk posting......AGAIN!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Hound05
Hound cracks me up!! He put the needle on the record on that one!
Bahahahaha. Been a fun year guys. Good luck to all the teams this weekend and congrats for getting to this point!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Bull got out!
Bah Humbug........Playing on the Big Stage will be Tommy Ziesmer as The Burgermeister, Andrew Hardwick as The Grinch,  Dalton Stone as Ebenezer Scrooge, Brock Driver as Jack Skellington, Sage Dawson and Montavin Quisenberry as The Gremlins.   

"I Can Feel It In The Air Tonight" because "The Boys are back in town" so  "Let's get it On"!
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Orange Blaze