Poll: Who Wins This One?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
51.85%
Beechwood
48.15%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beechwood vs Mayfield (KHSAA 2A State Championship)
Time out Beechwood. Coach is pissed!
Mayfield ball at the 38
Beechwood fumble; Mayfield recovered.

3:34 to go in the game.
2:24 to go Mayfield first down from the 16
Touchdown Mayfield

Will they go for the tie or for the win?
I'd go for two!! No guts no glory!!
Score?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mayfield missed the extra point.

Beechwood 14 Mayfield 13

1:13 in the game.
I said to go for two. They didn't listen.
Could this be Beechwood’s 2nd win over Mayfield???
looking like it
I lost the radio feed!
Woah
Beechwood’s announcers drove me crazy. Just terrible. All that screaming. 5 times they screamed and they were totally wrong on the play. Watch the game guys
They're just excited! LOL One of them has been very impressed in his life by the word "huge"

LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • bo67
Score?
Final Beechwood 14 Mayfield 13
Final Beechwood 14 Mayfield 13. Extra point hit the left upright
(12-02-2022, 08:26 PM)bo67 Wrote: Beechwood’s announcers drove me crazy. Just terrible. All that screaming. 5 times they screamed and they were totally wrong on the play. Watch the game guys

Now you may understand how many people feel about most of those from "south Cincinnati"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Granny Bear
My brother used to do Harlan County football's commentating on the radio. At one point in time, he had 4 grandsons playing on the team. When one of them did something spectacular, he would get so excited he would jump up and down and say things that nobody could understand over the radio. I loved it!! LOL One of the announcers on Beechwood's radio broadcast reminded me of him. The other one had, at some point in his life, was quite impressed by the word "huge". So, yesterday you had one announcer screaming undecipherable words, while the other was saying "That's HUGE", "That will be HUGE", "That will be a HUGE difference". etc etc. I wouldn't listen to these homers all the time, but yesterday I thought it was entertaining.

Had I been really into the game, I would've wanted to choke both of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • pjdoug
(12-03-2022, 02:03 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: My brother used to do Harlan County football's commentating on the radio.  At one point in time, he had 4 grandsons playing on the team.  When one of them did something spectacular, he would get so excited he would jump up and down and say things that nobody could understand over the radio.  I loved it!!  LOL  One of the announcers on Beechwood's radio broadcast reminded me of him.  The other one had, at some point in his life, was quite impressed by the word "huge".  So, yesterday you had one announcer screaming undecipherable words, while the other was saying "That's HUGE", "That will be HUGE", "That will be a HUGE difference". etc etc.  I wouldn't listen to these homers all the time, but yesterday I thought it was entertaining.

I think some of them were obsessed with Bowling Green. lol
(12-02-2022, 08:26 PM)bo67 Wrote: Beechwood’s announcers drove me crazy. Just terrible. All that screaming. 5 times they screamed and they were totally wrong on the play. Watch the game guys

Those guys do a hell of a job! They get very excited! 

(12-04-2022, 01:14 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 02:03 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: My brother used to do Harlan County football's commentating on the radio.  At one point in time, he had 4 grandsons playing on the team.  When one of them did something spectacular, he would get so excited he would jump up and down and say things that nobody could understand over the radio.  I loved it!!  LOL  One of the announcers on Beechwood's radio broadcast reminded me of him.  The other one had, at some point in his life, was quite impressed by the word "huge".  So, yesterday you had one announcer screaming undecipherable words, while the other was saying "That's HUGE", "That will be HUGE", "That will be a HUGE difference". etc etc.  I wouldn't listen to these homers all the time, but yesterday I thought it was entertaining.

I think some of them were obsessed with Bowling Green. lol

Mike and Mark do a hell of a job! We love them here in Ft Mitchell! They are homers like everyone else is but they also give respect to the opposing team and coaches.