Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Drawing
Does anyone have the brackets for the 14th regional tournament next week? They had their meeting today.
Saturday
11am. Leslie vs Lee
1pm. KCC vs Breathitt
3 pm Wolfe vs LCC
5 pm Powell vs Hazard
So now the semifinals are :

Leslie County vs Knott County Central

Wolfe County vs Powell County

The second match is between two old 56th district border rivals, especially in basketball back in the day. The Mountain Parkway Challenge would be a good name for this match.
Disappointing end for LCC after pretty much dominating all season.
(10-24-2022, 07:24 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Disappointing end for LCC after pretty much dominating all season.
If one considers the pre-consolidation days when Whitesburg and Letcher High were winning all the volleyball regions championships, LCC has by far more titles than any other 14th region school since the sport was sanctioned by the KHSAA. I don’t know what year it was sanctioned but I’m going to guess the late 1980s or early ‘90s.
(10-24-2022, 08:44 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 07:24 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Disappointing end for LCC after pretty much dominating all season.
If one considers the pre-consolidation days when Whitesburg and Letcher High were winning all the volleyball regions championships, LCC has by far more titles than any other 14th region school since the sport was sanctioned by the KHSAA. I don’t know what year it was sanctioned but I’m going to guess the late 1980s or early ‘90s.
Interesting but no surprise.... For as long as I can recall, Letcher has dominated the 14th.  They can't be happy with this years season ending so early over in Whitesburg. I know they have high hopes and expectations every year over there.

Bolz what a freaking ride baby! Faith The Suttan of Swat Pollard led the Lady Pats to runners up bruthas!We will be back better than ever boi!  #itwasinourfingertips #soclosebutnotdone  #timetorise  More mash taters please!!!
Why doesn’t Perry Central compete better in Volleyball? Never been to a game but you’d think they would be really good with all the athletes at PCC.
(11-01-2022, 01:23 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Why doesn’t Perry Central compete better in Volleyball?  Never been to a game but you’d think they would be really good with  all the athletes at PCC.
My guess and this is just a guess... the volleyball program does not get the same support/interest as the other sports that PCC is usually favored in such as basketball and softball. Another thing to think about is, how many of the better players from the basketball and softball team play volleyball? Off season programs for those two sports may conflict with the volleyball season. 

Once again, just my guess but I have wondered the same thing. How can the biggest school in their district not win most years or even be competitive most years. The 54th has been dominated by Leslie and Hazard year in and year out for the last 10-15 years...

More like 10 years not 15. Since 2012 LC has won the district 5 times and hazard has also won 5 times. PCC has won once and that was the year that LC had to forfeit due to covid, so take that for what its worth.
Well with Volleyball being in the fall, they should have plenty basketball and softball girls available.
A lot of coaches do not want their players to play other sports so maybe that has something to do with it. I am not sure what the case is with PCC volleyball, but I have wondered why they aren't more competitive being the biggest school in the district.