Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs are coming
Whos looking like the teams to beat.
Pikeville. They’re the best team in the state.
Pikeville is the clear favorite for division 3.

Hazard and Belfry are very dangerous though.
(09-18-2022, 01:27 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: Pikeville. They’re the best team in the state.

Rumor has it we will find out on 9/24.
(09-18-2022, 10:19 AM)plantmanky Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 01:27 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: Pikeville. They’re the best team in the state.

My son plays for Neon and this is the first year they are doing the playoffs. I read on website that there is a point system and play in games. How are points and play in games determined?
I'd like to know what division Fleming Neon fall into for the playoffs. I was told they combined the middle school football teams into just Neon this season, so will they still compete in division 3 or will they have to compete in division 2 or 1 since Letcher Central is 5A?
If Belfry is Div 3 with all their feeder schools no reason Neon shouldn’t be.

He was being facetious and trolling. Pikeville will struggle 9/24.
(09-18-2022, 09:36 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I'd like to know what division Fleming Neon fall into for the playoffs. I was told they combined the middle school football teams into just Neon this season, so will they still compete in division 3 or will they have to compete in division 2 or 1 since Letcher Central is 5A?
That’s not exactly true. The Letcher central team folded after flood and they sent 7 kids to us. Only 3 starts on line on offense and same 3 starts on on defense. There is 5 middle schools in Letcher county and we don’t get anything out of 4 of them schools. If we had got the best
3 players from Letcher we would have been really good. 2 quit and 1 is playing for Hazard and doing great because we didn’t combine before season started. Letcher Is a small 4A right now. We had no plans of playing in playoff this year but we was kicked out of our conference after the grid to start season because we beat Magoffin,Knott and Floyd Central and they refused to play us.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(09-18-2022, 11:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: If Belfry is Div 3 with all  their feeder schools no reason Neon shouldn’t be.
Speaking of trolling.....lol 

what are you guys up to now? 9, 10 feeder schools?
(09-19-2022, 01:55 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

He was being facetious and trolling. Pikeville will struggle 9/24.

I agree with you, but it will be a good struggle, learning game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • jetpilot
Louisa Middle beat Pikeville either 36-20 or 38-20. I think they’re a legitimate team.
(09-19-2022, 10:10 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 11:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: If Belfry is Div 3 with all  their feeder schools no reason Neon shouldn’t be.

Somewhat less than you guys but another loss or 2 to Pikeville and Belfry will be a Pikeville feeder school.
(10-06-2022, 11:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Somewhat less than you guys but another loss or 2 to Pikeville and Belfry will be a Pikeville feeder school.
I really enjoy our banter back and forth but to say somewhat less than us is one of the most laughable things I’ve ever heard. We can list names of schools that we both have transfers are from if you would like. 

Yeah we should probably just cancel the series. We can’t compete anymore. 

Anybody near our football program knew this was coming. Now if the next 2-4 years of pikeville vs Belfry game look like the past 2 then I will personally fluff your feathers and help you peacock around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • jetpilot
Here you go.

Thumbnail(s)

• jetpilot
(10-07-2022, 11:38 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:

I really enjoy our banter back and forth but to say somewhat less than us is one of the most laughable things I’ve ever heard. We can list names of schools that we both have transfers are from if you would like. 

Anybody near our football program knew this was coming. Now if the next 2-4 years of pikeville vs Belfry game look like the past 2 then I will personally fluff your feathers and help you peacock around.

Saving this post just in case haha. How in the world did Belfry get 1 seed when Pikeville beat them by 50? Head to head doesn't mean anything these days lol.
(10-08-2022, 11:01 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 11:38 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:

Saving this post just in case haha. How in the world did Belfry get 1 seed when Pikeville beat them by 50? Head to head doesn't mean anything these days lol.
Nope not if the rules for seeding are understood and followed. Nope it’s pretty simple. It wasn’t 50 but that’s cute. 

plantmanKY can speak more to this. 

We don’t play for regular season victories or county championships. So take thst for what it’s worth. Congrats on the win in game 2. Good job. Just hope we can keep it close Oct 29th if we both make it.
Don’t play for regular season victories or county championships? Someone hack your account?
(10-08-2022, 03:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Don’t play for regular season victories or county championships? Someone hack your account?
No? The goal is a state championship not a regular season win or a county championship?
But you do like winning, especially vs Pikeville?
(10-08-2022, 05:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: But you do like winning, especially vs Pikeville?
Just as I like to breathe oxygen yes. My point being it’s not like high school. Our regular season game isn’t the only game we play we know there will inevitably be a regional championship game between Belfry and Pikeville, which leads to advancing toward a state championship run, which to us is a more important game. 

Of which I think we have won 3 in a row against pikeville right? 

But I would take a regular season loss to Pikeville every year if it meant we win a state championship at the end.
This conversation reminds me of a few years back when the D3 coaches started a discussion about getting rid of the regions and just seeding the tournament 1-whatever based on seeding.

When we looked at that years D3 bracket and did that the 8 vs 9 game in first round was......

belfry vs pikeville

The discussion has never been brought up since lol.
  • KnoxvillesFinest
Good luck to Louisa Middle School. No. 1 seed in region 3. Finally will get to play a game soon after several cancellations. Middle school teams canceling games is a joke. Some coaches have no pride. They're teaching their players to run from a challenge. It's not like we're running the score up on teams. What a joke some of these middle school coaches are!
(10-08-2022, 09:59 PM)plantmanky Wrote: This conversation reminds me of a few years back when the D3 coaches started a discussion about getting rid of the regions and just seeding the tournament 1-whatever based on seeding. 

When we looked at that years D3 bracket and did that the 8 vs 9 game in first round was......

belfry vs pikeville

The discussion has never been brought up since lol.
Year in and year out it is in my opinion the best atmosphere for a middle school game in D3 and possibly in the state.
  • jetpilot
(10-08-2022, 09:50 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 05:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: But you do like winning, especially vs Pikeville?
Just as I like to breathe oxygen yes. My point being it’s not like high school. Our regular season game isn’t the only game we play we know there will inevitably be a regional championship game between Belfry and Pikeville, which leads to advancing toward a state championship run, which to us is a more important game. 

But I would take a regular season loss to Pikeville every year if it meant we win a state championship at the end.
Middle school coaches must be doing a great job since none of those 3 classes have a win vs Pikeville in high school. And might be 4 in a row since Pikeville seeded lower that Belfry after throttling Belfry earlier and Belfry awarded higher seed and gets home field?
(10-09-2022, 07:20 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Middle school coaches must be doing a great job since none of those 3 classes have a win vs Pikeville in high school. And might be 4 in a row since Pikeville seeded lower that Belfry after throttling Belfry earlier and Belfry awarded higher seed and gets home field?
Not the way it works, regional sites rotate best of my knowledge and I believe pikeville will be hosting with belfry as the higher seed just like in 2020. I mean really you can cry all you want to, the playoff seeding is simple, not Belfrys fault for understanding simple math and the seeding process. It’s actually very simple.
  • Blue_Bird96
(10-09-2022, 11:20 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:

Not the way it works, regional sites rotate best of my knowledge and I believe pikeville will be hosting with belfry as the higher seed just like in 2020. I mean really you can cry all you want to, the playoff seeding is simple, not Belfrys fault for understanding simple math and the seeding process. It’s actually very simple.
I didn't say it wasn't simple it's just very flawed. You understand simple math good for you now work on your reading comprehension skills lol. Just messing with you, what is Belfry's record and what are their best wins?
(10-09-2022, 11:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-09-2022, 11:20 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:

I didn't say it wasn't simple it's just very flawed. You understand simple math good for you now work on your reading comprehension skills lol. Just messing with you, what is Belfry's record and what are their best wins?
8-2. Beat breathitt, hazard, Perry, Neon, paintsville, PCC, Harlan Co. 

lost the 2 biggest tests of the year against pikeville and JC.
  • jetpilot
Expecting a big crowd and a close game if both teams advance.
8th grade division should be a dandy final 4 on the right side. Pikeville vs Belfry Hazard vs Breathitt. I think Breathit will beat Pikeville to make the championship game.