Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Pikeville Thursday 8/18/2022
Pikeville moves on

Pikeville 36- Belfry 14
(10-25-2022, 01:06 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: Pikeville moves on

Pikeville 36- Belfry 14
I agree Belfry has no shot. Looks like the run will come to an end.
^^^How long is the run and did any of those players ever beat Pikeville in high school?
delete

Pikeville 36- Belfry 14

Why even get on the bus? I still don't understand why #1 Seed Belfry has to travel to #2 Seed Pikeville.
(10-27-2022, 03:04 PM)BelfryPride Wrote:

Pikeville 36- Belfry 14

Why even get on the bus? I still don't understand why #1 Seed Belfry has to travel to #2 Seed Pikeville.
Doesn’t go by record or anything it’s a revolving host site just so happens it’s at pikeville this year.
Belfry strikes back tonight against the Panthers with a dominating performance…..25-8. Once again …Belfry MS advances to State.
Honestly Belfry just took absolute control of the game tonight. I seriously believed that Pikeville was gonna take the game but Belfry always comes out hot in October/November. Pikeville didn’t look great on the offensive aspect of the game. Could’ve used some more blocking.
When given full weeks to prepare during the playoffs BMS always gets better come playoff time. Every. Year.
(10-29-2022, 10:23 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: Belfry strikes back tonight against the Panthers with a dominating performance…..25-8.    Once again …Belfry MS advances to  State.

Ouch  Woah
(10-30-2022, 02:32 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: When given full weeks to prepare during the playoffs BMS always gets better come playoff time. Every. Year.
What happened during the game? Seen on social media that people were saying Belfry fans were classless and intentionally injured a Pikeville player and then refused to take a knee while he was hurt? I wasn’t there so have no clue
(10-30-2022, 12:42 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 02:32 AM)irishcard16 Wrote: When given full weeks to prepare during the playoffs BMS always gets better come playoff time. Every. Year.
What happened during the game? Seen on social media that people were saying Belfry fans were classless and intentionally injured a Pikeville player and then refused to take a knee while he was hurt? I wasn’t there so have no clue
The knee wasn’t taken fast enough for the fans in attendance. So we are classless and disrespectful. Is what it is. Things always get blown out of proportion when emotions are high like they were last night. 

Nobody intentionally injured anyone lol. The play that the kid got hurt on was wrong place wrong time and wasn’t even a vicious or violent hit it was a glancing blow that for whatever reason seemed to leave the kid concussed.
(10-30-2022, 04:43 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
The knee wasn’t taken fast enough for the fans in attendance. So we are classless and disrespectful. Is what it is. Things always get blown out of proportion when emotions are high like they were last night. 

Nobody intentionally injured anyone lol. The play that the kid got hurt on was wrong place wrong time and wasn’t even a vicious or violent hit it was a glancing blow that for whatever reason seemed to leave the kid concussed.
Only thing really disappointing is the coach who yelled across the field shut up while the kid was down.
(10-31-2022, 08:03 AM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 04:43 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:

Only thing really disappointing is the coach who yelled across the field shut up while the kid was down.
Might wanna get your information correct before you point fingers, that was a child on the sideline who said that and from what I understand punishment was levied internally. 

Furthermore had it been a coach they would have had every right to, it’s their team to coach, not the other teams fans. That’s where a whole lot of messiness in this is coming from. Cheer for your team, worry about how your team acts, the behavior of another team that does not directly involve physical contact with the team you root for does not matter to you or should not anyway 

So can I levy out punishment and incrimination for the running back that threw up the peace sign going into the end zone from pikeville? How about the LB with the shove to our RB 5 yards out of bounds. Oh but wait how about the first game of the regular season when the RB from pikeville scored and then shrugged toward Belfry sideline after scoring. Or better yet how about the Pikeville RB who blew a kiss to the Belfry sideline after scoring. 

You better hope that you don’t live in a glass house.
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
Pikeville 35-14.
Final
Belfry 12
Pikeville 8

Belfry throws a TD pass as time expires to shock the Panthers.
Now here is the sketchy part. Belfry was seemingly sacked on the play prior but the play was blown dead on a running clock because of a pre snap false start penalty.

The refs spot the ball but never run the clock until way after. Belfry, who the penalty was on, have all sorts of motion and chaos before getting set.

I am not so sure that wasn’t a big miss by the officials. I know the Pikeville coaching staff was talking to the officials so not sure if that is what kept the official for signaling to wind the clock or not, but had it been signaled the second the ball was placed I am not sure Belfry gets a play off.

Can someone shed more light?
(10-12-2023, 11:52 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: Now here is the sketchy part. Belfry was seemingly sacked on the play prior but the play was blown dead on a running clock because of a pre snap false start penalty.

The refs spot the ball but never run the clock until way after. Belfry, who the penalty was on, have all sorts of motion and chaos before getting set.

I am not so sure that wasn’t a big miss by the officials. I know the Pikeville coaching staff was talking to the officials so not sure if that is what kept the official for signaling to wind the clock or not, but had it been signaled the second the ball was placed I am not sure Belfry gets a play off.

Can someone shed more light?
I watched the game. Belfry was not penalized for false start but illegal motion. 2 guys in motion that never got set before snap. From what I understand, play is not blown dead at snap and defense has option to replay down or take result of play. Pikeville took the sack but clock stops for referee to give signal and move ball back if needed. Clock starts once white hat signals. The penalty actually helped Belfry more than Pikeville.
Refs did everything but run in the winning score and spike the football.

When you go to Belfry you
A. Leave women & children at home
B. Lock your valuables in the trunk
C. Park facing Pikeville in case of quick exit
D. Have your brass knuckles in your pocket
E. Expect the refs to constantly err in Belfry's favor
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Harry Dawg