Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early 15th predictions
What is everyone thinking how the 15th shakes out next season

Pikeville returns a lot. Shelby Valley was real young last year also. 
Prestonsburg is moving up
Belfry returns most of its offensive leaders. 

Paintsville and Johnson Central always near the top

Lawrence lost several big time players but still has good group coming back

Should be another good season
I think Paintsville has to be the favorite.  They will be senior heavy and have the best returning  pitcher  in Fugate.  I would take him in any game he throws this coming season.  I’ve seen him this summer and he has been dominant.  They also return James behind the plate who is probably the best returning catcher in the region. In addition, they should have fully healthy Jonah Porter this year. 
I think Pikeville will be in the mix as well. They return most of there starting pitching. Led by Thompson and Duty. They also have return Ryan and Hall who threw some quality innings last season. They return their entire outfield and most of the infield. I think the probably have the best defensive third baseman in the region in Hall.  He made some unbelievable plays last year.  I have seen him a few games this summer and he seems to make every play. They may also have some kids return that didn’t play last year.  
Johnson Central can never be counted out. They are the defending champions and return a good core of kids.  They also have one of the best  post season coaches I’ve ever seen.  
I don’t know what Lawrence county returns but I’m sure they will be tough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mudballer's post:
  • BullyDogs
Top 5
1.Paintsville
2. Pikeville
3. Belfry
4. Johnson Central
5.Lawrence County
...dang, sorry for double post lol
(08-03-2022, 07:25 PM)mudballer Wrote: I think Paintsville has to be the favorite.  They will be senior heavy and have the best returning  pitcher  in Fugate.  I would take him in any game he throws this coming season.  I’ve seen him this summer and he has been dominant.  They also return James behind the plate who is probably the best returning catcher in the region. In addition, they should have fully healthy Jonah Porter this year. 
I think Pikeville will be in the mix as well. They return most of there starting pitching. Led by Thompson and Duty. They also have return Ryan and Hall who threw some quality innings last season. They return their entire outfield and most of the infield. I think the probably have the best defensive third baseman in the region in Hall.  He made some unbelievable plays last year.  I have seen him a few games this summer and he seems to make every play. They may also have some kids return that didn’t play last year.  
Johnson Central can never be counted out. They are the defending champions and return a good core of kids.  They also have one of the best  post season coaches I’ve ever seen.  
I don’t know what Lawrence county returns but I’m sure they will be tough.

I like Fugate a lot and love the way he competes. Great athlete. And I agree that Paintsville is the early favorite but I always chuckle when someone says they will take a player or team every time out. I remember last year when Pikeville beat Paintsville 15-0 in the All-A championship in 3 innings with Fugate on the mound and Paintsville had 1 hit. Paintsville is the early favorite but the 15th is wide open.
1. Paintsville 
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawrence county
6. Johnson central
7. Floyd Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Martin county
10. East Ridge
(02-22-2023, 01:49 PM)BullyDogs Wrote: 1. Paintsville 
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawrence county
6. Johnson central
7. Floyd Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Martin county
10. East Ridge
Easy does it. Seems a little off to me. Lol
(02-22-2023, 11:43 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawrence county
6. Johnson central
7. Floyd Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Martin county
10. East Ridge

How’s that? Here’s what I based it off of.

Paintsville lost 1st, 4th, & 5th hitters and two decent pitchers but return their Ace and the middle school team was one of the best in the state last year. Belfry lost their 5th, 8th, 9th hitters and a really good pitcher but one of the best offenses in the state last season. Pikeville lost their 1st & 5th hitters and a good pitcher but they have a lot of good young players. Shelby Valley lost no one and added some. They finished 5th in region last year. Lawrence County lost 1st, 3rd, and 5th hitters and 2 good pitcher but they always have guys on the bench ready to step up. Johnson Central lost their 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 6th hitter and 2 good pitchers but they added a transfer, Martin County’s Ace and best hitter last year plus they have their Ace back. Floyd Central lost no one. They have poor mechanics but they are big boys who have played a lot of baseball together. Prestonsburg lost their 1st, 8th, & 9th hitter and their Ace. They have about 6 good players, but that’s it. Martin County lost their Ace to Johnson Central and their young. East Ridge lost no one and have some good pitching just only have 5 good players.
(02-23-2023, 02:12 AM)BullyDogs Wrote:
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawrence county
6. Johnson central
7. Floyd Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Martin county
10. East Ridge

Paintsville lost 1st, 4th, & 5th hitters and two decent pitchers but return their Ace and the middle school team was one of the best in the state last year. Belfry lost their 5th, 8th, 9th hitters and a really good pitcher but one of the best offenses in the state last season. Pikeville lost their 1st & 5th hitters and a good pitcher but they have a lot of good young players. Shelby Valley lost no one and added some. They finished 5th in region last year. Lawrence County lost 1st, 3rd, and 5th hitters and 2 good pitcher but they always have guys on the bench ready to step up. Johnson Central lost their 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 6th hitter and 2 good pitchers but they added a transfer, Martin County’s Ace and best hitter last year plus they have their Ace back. Floyd Central lost no one. They have poor mechanics but they are big boys who have played a lot of baseball together. Prestonsburg lost their 1st, 8th, & 9th hitter and their Ace. They have about 6 good players, but that’s it. Martin County lost their Ace to Johnson Central and their young. East Ridge lost no one and have some good pitching just only have 5 good players.
Belfry and valley belong below LC and JC probably and possibly Below pikeville too.

Paintsville 
Lawrence 
JC 
Pikeville
Belfry 
Valley

Just my opinion. And after those 6, not sure you couldn’t just pull a name out of a hat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • WhoSane
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawrence county
6. Johnson central
7. Floyd Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Martin county
10. East Ridge

Do you just pick names out of a hat? All rankings you post are like its from someone that just landed on planet earth.
(02-24-2023, 04:01 PM)WhoSane Wrote:
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawrence county
6. Johnson central
7. Floyd Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Martin county
10. East Ridge

Do you just pick names out of a hat? All rankings you post are like its from someone that just landed on planet earth.
In all fairness….the poster has only posted 6 total times on this site.   Which…is double the number of times you’ve posted. .  Your comment just struck me as funny. Smile. Smile
(02-24-2023, 05:18 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawrence county
6. Johnson central
7. Floyd Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Martin county
10. East Ridge

In all fairness….the poster has only posted 6 total times on this site.   Which…is double the number of times you’ve posted. .  Your comment just struck me as funny. Smile. Smile
Bullydogs articulated his opinion and reasoning very well. Lot of factors will change rankings as season starts. Off season work along with weight room will be 2 big ones. Coaching comes in big at end of season so we can never count Johnson Central out. Paintsville, Pikeville and Belfry all return large amount of their top players. I believe the region is wide open and look forward to seeing all teams play.
(02-24-2023, 07:34 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 05:18 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawrence county
6. Johnson central
7. Floyd Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Martin county
10. East Ridge

Bullydogs articulated his opinion and reasoning very well. Lot of factors will change rankings as season starts. Off season work along with weight room will be 2 big ones. Coaching comes in big at end of season so we can never count Johnson Central out. Paintsville, Pikeville and Belfry all return large amount of their top players. I believe the region is wide open and look forward to seeing all teams play.
Yeah, I thought it was fair. My rankings were based on a lot of different factors and pretty close to last seasons RPI rankings. And you’re right, off-season and coaching definitely play a big factor but I feel the top teams all have great coaches. It’ll be interesting to see how the season plays out. Also, I do appreciate you guys sticking up for me. Never liked a bully….. Smile

Jokes aside, the top 6 could go anyway. Looking at the schedules, all 6 teams have tough schedules. Honestly, Belfry seems to have the easiest out of the 6. Last season, everyone seemed to count of Johnson Central because their 16-22 record but they also had the hardest schedule and it paid off. 

I Recently found out Floyd Central lost two players, nothing to significant. One transferred to Prestonsburg and the other to Betsy Layne. Still, based on this info, it drops Floyd Central out of the top 10 for me. Also, I kinda did Pike Central dirty by not having them above East Ridge & Martin County because with Pike Centrals Ace on the mound they can compete with anyone. So, these are my new rankings now that I’ve had a few days on planet earth…. Smile

1. Paintsville
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawerence County
6. Johnson Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Pike Central
9. Martin County
10. East Ridge
I personally think Belfry is ranked to high in these rankings. They lost 2 very talented pitchers and an excellent overall player in Deskins.

I think Johnson Central should be ranked in the top 2 teams in the region in the preseason. Lots of returning experience, quality coaching, and a winning culture.

Shelby Valley returns a lot of quality players with experience.

Pike Central has some really good young players. Will be interesting to see how the program evolves with a new head coach.
(02-23-2023, 02:12 AM)BullyDogs Wrote:
2. Belfry
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lawrence county
6. Johnson central
7. Floyd Central
8. Prestonsburg
9. Martin county
10. East Ridge

I’ll speak to Lawrence County and what they lost and have coming back. LC will be a solid team this year. The only question marks is going to be do they have that shut down pitcher this year and who’s going to take over behind the plate? They lost 4 great players last year. 3 made all region (1 made 1st team all state, 1 made 2nd team, and the other was honorable mention all state) and in my opinion all were the best in the region at their positions.  

Bryce Blevins 1B/P: pitching stats 8-1 1SV 50IP 0.91era 99K 6BB /hitting stats: .370avg 3HR 6db 38rbi

Blue Fletcher C/P: 7-2 1SV 32IP 1.89era 39K 9BB /hitting .391avg 3HR 10db 33rbi 

Luke Patton 3B/P: 6-2 53IP 1.72era 82K 21BB /hitting 462avg 7HR 7db 33rbi 

Nick Collinsworth CF: 373avg 8db 2triples 20rbi 

Losing these kids will hurt but Coach Feltner always has kids ready to step up. The year will be no different. Will Lafferty, Brayden Maynard, Eli Fletcher, Abner Collinsworth, Jake Deerfield, and Talan Pollock are all great players who will have LC in the mix for a regional title.

Lafferty is a great all around player. He will anchor the batting order(will he take over the lead off spot or hit 3rd?) and give them big innings on the mound not to mention stellar defense at SS.

Maynard like Lafferty has a big bat and has become a great defensive out fielder. Maynard will step up and be a big run producer for the Bulldogs. I think he’ll give them some innings on the mound as well. 

Eli Fletcher stepped up big last year playing 2B most of the year. He hit around .300 with a homer and some big at bats last year as a freshman. He also played great defense. He also won some big games on the mound for LC last year Look for big things out of this young man this year. 

Abner Collinsworth is a player that has a ton of potential but has to figure out how to put it all together. He hit 4 homers last year while hitting 270ish for the year. He’ll take over 1st base this year. 

Jake Deerfield is a kid that put it all tougher last year. Not sure his average but it had to be over .300. He’s a excellent bunter and base runner. Plays great defense at either 3B or the outfield. He will be one of their top arms on the mound as well. He’s improved more than anyone in my opinion. 

Talan Pollock is a kid that can be a top 2-4 pitcher in the region. He has all the arm talent in the world but can he put it all together and become the stud on the mound that I know he can be. 

Blake Prater Will more than likely step in at catcher. I think he can be really good back there. He’s not played a ton but the kid has the potential to step in and do very good for LC. 

This all is just my opinion but I think LC has the talent to be a top team again this year and win region. It should be a fun year.
(03-09-2023, 12:35 AM)GoldenEagleFan Wrote: I personally think Belfry is ranked to high in these rankings. They lost 2 very talented pitchers and an excellent overall player in Deskins.

I think Johnson Central should be ranked in the top 2 teams in the region in the preseason. Lots of returning experience, quality coaching, and a winning culture.

Shelby Valley returns a lot of quality players with experience.

Pike Central has some really good young players. Will be interesting to see how the program evolves with a new head coach.
Deskins was only real loss for Belfry. Top offensive leaders are back. Pitching will be big question for them. 
Shelby Valley returns everyone and will be much improved 
Pike Central I do not believe will be anywhere near top 6 in region 
I will never bet against JC especially in region tournament. Belfry beat them twice last season and Belfry just got out played and out coached in Region along with everyone else.
After watching these first 3 innings of Pikeville/Paintsville matchup. I will put Pikeville at top. 9-0 Pikeville after 3
Not an impact on this season but Floyd central has some very good middle school players in the feeder system, I just hope they can keep them in Floyd co
Shawn Hall always seems to find a way to win at the end of the year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see JC take a lot of losses early against the tough schedule but be near the top late. It looks like their pitching staff is going to be very solid again this year. Offensively they have to replace quite a bit but the transfer from Martin County helps. I’m interested to see Brayden Shepherd. He started 1/2 the year at SS as a 7th grader. I expect him to be even better this year as an 8th grader.