Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Top 5 for 14th Region 2023
Early Top 5 for 14th Region 2023?
Lot of teams lost some weapons. Perry probably lost the most. Not sure what all Estill lost.

1. Hazard
2. Perry
3. Breathitt
4. Letcher
5. Wolfe

Top arms that return play a big part in the way I rank them.

Patrick - Hazard
Mullins - Hazard
Hensley - Hazard
Johnson - Hazard

Daniels - Perry
Mcalarnis - Perry
Perkins - Perry
Goins - Perry

Forehand - Estill

Combs - Breathitt
Bellamy - Breathitt

Williams - Letcher
Little - Letcher

I’m not real familiar with Wolfes pitching and Powells.
(07-08-2022, 03:54 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Lot of teams lost some weapons.  Perry probably lost the most.  Not sure what all Estill lost. 

1.  Hazard
2.  Perry
3.  Breathitt
4.  Letcher
5.  Wolfe

Patrick - Hazard
Mullins - Hazard
Hensley - Hazard
Johnson - Hazard

Daniels - Perry
Mcalarnis - Perry
Perkins - Perry
Goins - Perry

Forehand - Estill

Combs - Breathitt
Bellamy - Breathitt

Williams -  Letcher
Little - Letcher

Didn't McAlarnis transfer to North Laurel?
No, he stayed at Perry.
(07-08-2022, 03:54 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Lot of teams lost some weapons.  Perry probably lost the most.  Not sure what all Estill lost. 

1.  Hazard
2.  Perry
3.  Breathitt
4.  Letcher
5.  Wolfe

Patrick - Hazard
Mullins - Hazard
Hensley - Hazard
Johnson - Hazard

Daniels - Perry
Mcalarnis - Perry
Perkins - Perry
Goins - Perry

Forehand - Estill

Combs - Breathitt
Bellamy - Breathitt

Williams -  Letcher
Little - Letcher

DukeBoy, out of all these players. Who is the potential winner of the 14th region player of the year ? 

Lot of teams lost some weapons.  Perry probably lost the most.  Not sure what all Estill lost. 

1.  Hazard
2.  Perry
3.  Breathitt
4.  Letcher
5.  Wolfe

Patrick - Hazard
Mullins - Hazard
Hensley - Hazard
Johnson - Hazard

Daniels - Perry
Mcalarnis - Perry
Perkins - Perry
Goins - Perry

Forehand - Estill

Combs - Breathitt
Bellamy - Breathitt

Williams -  Letcher
Little - Letcher

W
I would say most consistent kids I’ve saw are Max Johnson and Andrew Combs when it comes to hitting, fielding, pitching. Mullins is hard nosed as they come at Hazard. Patrick probably top pitcher. Really hard to say. Just depends on who stays the hottest.
(07-17-2022, 07:22 PM)DukeBoy I agree completely, also to mention in our games vs. Estill , Forehand really stuck out to me. Along with Powell’s , nickel Wrote: I would say most consistent kids I’ve saw are Max Johnson and Andrew Combs when it comes to hitting, fielding, pitching.  Mullins is hard nosed as they come at Hazard.  Patrick probably top pitcher.  Really hard to say.  Just depends on who stays the hottest.
1. Hazard
2. Letcher
3. Breathitt
3. Wolfe
5. Perry/Powell

Hazard will be Hazard as long as Meehan is there. Plus they return Johnson, Patrick, Mullins and Pelphrey. Letcher just got Coach Dean and he is a proven winner, they have some talent there as well. Breathitt and Wolfe could go either way. Bellamy/ Combs will anchor the pitching along with a pretty solid core. Wolfe is young and would've beat Breathitt last year in the district championship had it not have been for the rain delay forcing pitching changes. Wolfe lost the Osborne kid who led the team in BA but return Wilson who led the team in hits and was second in BA and RBI's. Plus return Molands who is as talented as any kid in the region, along with a host of young players who all have been together since they started playing travel ball. Perry will have Mcalarnis and Daniels. If Powell develops pitching outside of Nickle they could be in the mix as well. Seemed like last season Powell was really solid when Nickle was on the mound but fell way off when he wasn't pitching. Should be a fun year to watch 14th region baseball.
1. Hazard - Class of the region, until someone can prove they can beat them. Best coach/staff in region. Meehan is the man
2. Perry - One of the biggest schools in the region. lots of returning talent. Another great coach in Willis
3. Letcher - Another one of the bigger schools. lots of talent coming back. Dean returns.
4. Breathitt - Couple good arms. Need to develop a few more. Return a lot of starters.
5. Wolfe - Most young talent in the region. I'm hearing they are losing a couple players.
5. Powel - Good group of starters. Well coached. Need a couple more arms to make a run.

My opinion - Hazard will be hoisting the Region Trophy again this spring!
1. Hazard
2. Estill
3. Letcher
4. Wolfe
5. Perry

Perry lost a lot. Letcher now has Brian Dean. Wolfe is solid and another year of travel under their belt. Breathitt could sneak up on Perry for 5 spot.
(07-08-2022, 03:21 PM)River Cats Wrote: Early Top 5 for 14th Region 2023?

Estill lost a Senior pitcher in Flynn, they return the rest of their starters and should have a pretty good core of 4-5 pitchers lead by Seniors Forehand, Brewer.  Underclassman Hix, Chaney, Niece, Riddell will help build a solid rotation with the help of a couple more.   

Powell and Wolf will contend as well

Hazard preseason 1 rest will cycle for a few weeks early
Only way Hazard loses is if someone with a 90 plus arm falls down from the sky and throws a no hitter against them. Nobody in the region can hit Patrick.
Hazard: Coaching, Talent, Experience. Top notice program that knows how to win.

PCC: Great coaching staff. One of the top pitchers in the region returning. They did lose a lot from last year, but they have a coach that always has his team ready.

LCC: Coach Dean is back and he is a big factor. They lost 3 seniors, but return a lot of strong talent. Coach Dean will have his team in the top 3 for years to come.

Estill: They lost 3 big contributors from last season. Flynn and Niece will have big shoes to fill, but Estill is always up for the challenge. They consistently play a tough schedule to get them ready for the post season.

Wolfe: Youth is their strength. They lose a senior, but they have one of the best young groups in the region. Coach Rigsby has coached for years and has them playing Lexington teams. Watch out for them.

Breathitt: Return the teams top 2 pitchers and have a couple really string young players. Coach Hamilton brings his experience from EKU and spreads it with his players.

Powell: Made it to finals of the region last season. They return the core of their team and adds a very strong Freshman group. Watch those Freshmen, many may be starting by post season. 5 hits off an 8th grader, 1 against BC, and 1 against Hazard in Region, not great.

Leslie: Their Freshman group went undefeated last season. This is a groupnto watch for.

1. Hazard- Meahan, talent, and experience.
2. LCC- Coach Dean is a huge factor.
3. Estill- Coach's prepare them for battle.
4 Wolfe- That young group will be fun to watch.
5. PCC- Coach has a ton for experience and PCC always competes.
6. Breathitt- Return 2 strong starting pitchers. Coached very well.
7. Powell- Returns a ton and has good talent. Coaching is the question. Weak scheduling and no proven coaching staff.
8. Leslie- That young group could shock some teams this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like BaseballPirate's post:
  • DukeBoy, TheStickyBandit
Very good breakdown Pirate.
Coach Hamilton shouldn’t be anywhere near that team. The fact he still holds the position is mind blowing.
(11-02-2022, 04:02 PM)RockyRoad Wrote: Coach Hamilton shouldn’t be anywhere near that team. The fact he still holds the position is mind blowing.

care to elaborate? Know something we don’t?
Wymt finally broke it. Been known around here since it occurred. Not to hard to find.
Hamilton may be coaching in the penal league this season.

(11-02-2022, 04:02 PM)RockyRoad Wrote: Coach Hamilton shouldn’t be anywhere near that team. The fact he still holds the position is mind blowing.
Why is it “mind blowing”?  His mom is chairman of the board of education.  Most of the family and extended family have jobs in the school system, most not credentialed or qualified.  Hired cousin as girls bb coach even though he never played or coached in his life.  That worked out well,  they won 2 games.
Your right it really isn’t mind blowing. Just a case study of everything wrong with that school system. Thanks for the highlights.
The guy coached for FREE. Played College baseball and earned everything he got at EKU. Don’t want to hear politics. EKU isn’t Jackson. All this is blown out of proportion. Weak ass times we live in now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Cat Daddy
(11-03-2022, 08:44 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: The guy coached for FREE.  Played College baseball and earned everything he got at EKU.  Don’t want to hear politics.  EKU isn’t Jackson.  All this is blown out of proportion.  Weak ass times we live in now.
You defending an accused, indicted sex offender?
[-] The following 1 user Likes wannacat's post:
  • Radial_Armsaw
(11-03-2022, 08:44 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: The guy coached for FREE.  Played College baseball and earned everything he got at EKU.  Don’t want to hear politics.  EKU isn’t Jackson.  All this is blown out of proportion.  Weak ass times we live in now.
You and I don't agree on a lot, Duke Boy, but we agree on this. Alex has always been a good kid, and a good young man. He made a stupid mistake, but like you said we live in weak ass times. Sex offender? I don't think he sexually assaulted anyone, or any minor being present in a video. I'm not saying it was right, but it was a lapse of judgement that shouldn't cost anyone their freedom. If you want to fire him, fine, but to label him as a sex offender is crazy. Fifteen or twenty years ago this would have been laughed at, but someone is always out looking to bring someone down, for a payday. Once again, I'm not defending his actions, but this is being blown way out of proportion, and no way should he go to jail for something so petty.
I don’t know all the details Wannacat but you never have a good thing to say about anyone that coaches in Breathitt County. Maybe it’s time you applied for the baseball job. I mean you act like coaching and dealing with lunatic parents is just so easy: I will tell Kyle to call you today and go over details of the job.
(08-30-2022, 10:17 AM)keep an eye on a freshman at Powell. Lacy Dicken. Works 79-81 can hit 83/84, good slider. Pounds the strike zone. Will be a fun one to watch grow. catsrule Wrote: 1.  Hazard  -  Class of the region, until someone can prove they can beat them.  Best coach/staff in region.  Meehan is the man
2.  Perry  -  One of the biggest schools in the region.  lots of returning talent.  Another great coach in Willis
3.  Letcher  -  Another one of the bigger schools.  lots of talent coming back.    Dean returns. 
4.  Breathitt  -  Couple good arms.  Need to develop a few more.    Return a lot of starters. 
5.  Wolfe  -  Most young talent in the region.  I'm hearing they are losing a couple players. 
5.  Powel  -  Good group of starters.  Well coached.  Need a couple more arms to make a run.

My opinion -  Hazard will be hoisting the Region Trophy again this spring!

(11-04-2022, 08:43 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
You and I don't agree on a lot, Duke Boy, but we agree on this. Alex has always been a good kid, and a good young man. He made a stupid mistake, but like you said we live in weak ass times. Sex offender? I don't think he sexually assaulted anyone, or any minor being present in a video. I'm not saying it was right, but it was a lapse of judgement that shouldn't cost anyone their freedom. If you want to fire him, fine, but to label him as a sex offender is crazy. Fifteen or twenty years ago this would have been laughed at, but someone is always out looking to bring someone down, for a payday. Once again, I'm not defending his actions, but this is being blown way out of proportion, and no way should he go to jail for something so petty.
Petty? He recorded a sexual act without the “other persons” permission, and then showed a bunch of 14-16 year old kids a video of him and a woman having intercourse. Who in their right mind thinks that is petty? I can’t believe what I’m hearing. When you are a coach or in the school system you’re job is to mold young minds and be a role model. Not show a bunch of teenagers how “cool” you are.
[-] The following 2 users Like Radial_Armsaw's post:
  • Bluecat, wannacat
Yeah that is pretty bad.
Petty? He recorded a sexual act without the “other persons” permission, and then showed a bunch of 14-16 year old kids a video of him and a woman having intercourse. Who in their right mind thinks that is petty? I can’t believe what I’m hearing. When you are a coach or in the school system you’re job is to mold young minds and be a role model. Not show a bunch of teenagers how “cool” you are.
(11-05-2022, 11:24 AM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:
That’s not the story I heard! If that’s the case then it isn’t petty, but I don’t think that’s exactly what happened! I’m not going to comment on what I heard, but it wasn’t near as bad as that.
(11-05-2022, 08:17 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 11:24 AM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote:
That’s not the story I heard! If that’s the case then it isn’t petty, but I don’t think that’s exactly what happened! I’m not going to comment on what I heard, but it wasn’t near as bad as that.
I haven’t heard any stories. I’m only going off of the charges that have been brought on him.
Alex is a good guy that made a really stupid decision. Decisions and actions have consequences and being a good guy doesn’t excuse you from paying those consequences. Hopefully he will learn from this and move on. I don’t think if convicted he would be able to coach anything anymore.