Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin's Campbell Field
Looks like upgrades are coming to Corbin's Campbell Field:

"Superintendent Dave Cox updated board members on the architect applicants the district has received so far for some of the district’s upcoming construction projects including installing turf at Campbell Field, updates to Campbell Field’s concession stands and restrooms"

https://www.thetimestribune.com/news/local_news/corbin-board-of-education-votes-to-allow-nonresidents-to-attend-district-schools/article_9cebfa62-6bd7-5c7a-909b-2db14e857e7f.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
“Covid” money is helping out a lot of Kentucky schools on much needed projects
I prefer grass, but I guess turf allows more games to be played without destroying the field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • pjdoug
(07-05-2022, 05:26 PM)Westside Wrote: I prefer grass, but I guess turf allows more games to be played without destroying the field.

Yep that's the rub. We had a nice bermuda surface, but during the season we basically got one practice night a week on it, and then the middle school game and high school game each week and that was it. Since we've laid the turf down we've been able to host bowl games for middle school and SYFL has been able to host full day grids, which bring in a lot more revenue for the program as a whole. Plus the added benefit of being able to practice on it whenever they want, and having a surface that doesn't die after first frost. I like grass as well, but it really is a no brainer this day and age.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Westside
Corbin should benefit on a huge level from this. Corbin has the funds and resources to fully support a sporting event at campbell field every night. Soccer, Football, and other outings at all age levels every night with unlimited gate money. Big boost
I remember the good ole days when teams were good enough to make the state championship game in Louisville, they would sometimes make a trip to a college that had artificial turf and hold a practice or two to try to get accustomed to playing turf turf.  Back then it was usually the only time a team around here ever got to play on turf.  I guess it made making the state championship even more special.  I remember passing a couple Prestonsburg team buses heading to Marshall to to that very thing.
I remember 64SUR said mark it down. Turf on the way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
Surprised they’re gonna go through with it. MS football plays on it but that’s it so the field is normally in great shape. The HS doesn’t practice on it and soccer has their own field.
(07-05-2022, 09:42 PM)Westside Wrote: I remember the good ole days when teams were good enough to make the state championship game in Louisville, they would sometimes make a trip to a college that had artificial turf and hold a practice or two to try to get accustomed to playing turf turf.  Back then it was usually the only time a team around here ever got to play on turf.  I guess it made making the state championship even more special.  I remember passing a couple Prestonsburg team buses heading to Marshall to to that very thing.
2020 Boyle County played all their games on turf.  Hard to believe they never played a game on grass the entire year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Westside
(07-05-2022, 04:15 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: Looks like upgrades are coming to Corbin's Campbell Field:

"Superintendent Dave Cox updated board members on the architect applicants the district has received so far for some of the district’s upcoming construction projects including installing turf at Campbell Field, updates to Campbell Field’s concession stands and restrooms"

https://www.thetimestribune.com/news/local_news/corbin-board-of-education-votes-to-allow-nonresidents-to-attend-district-schools/article_9cebfa62-6bd7-5c7a-909b-2db14e857e7f.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
Looks like they just opened the door for more out of district kids to enroll at Corbin. I foresee some additional athletes enrolling at Corbin shortly.
Artificial turf at Corbin, wow...a sign of the apocalypse.
(07-05-2022, 05:26 PM)Westside Wrote: I prefer grass, but I guess turf allows more games to be played without destroying the field.

Turf has a lot of benefits, but I like grass too.
(07-06-2022, 10:44 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 04:15 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: Looks like upgrades are coming to Corbin's Campbell Field:

Looks like they just opened the door for more out of district kids to enroll at Corbin. I foresee some additional athletes enrolling at Corbin shortly.

I gotta get turf and new locker rooms installed at Colonel Stadium.
(07-06-2022, 10:44 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

Have to live within district or you’re ineligible a year. Any nonresident enrollees are ineligible for a year now that July 1st has passed.
will it be for this season?
(07-05-2022, 10:09 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I remember 64SUR said mark it down. Turf on the way.

No you don't!!  64SUR NEVER says "mark it down".

He says "marked it down"!!!!

Heart Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-08-2022, 06:17 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 10:09 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I remember 64SUR said mark it down. Turf on the way.

No you don't!!  64SUR NEVER says "mark it down".

He says "marked it down"!!!!

Heart Heart
LOL! With a Black Magic Marker!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear