Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Biden recession, is it already here?
It's not official yet, but the Atlanta Fed predicts that the Biden recession has arrived. Instead of wasting their time trying to prevent Donald Trump from running again in 2024, Democrats should have been working on throwing Biden under the bus and finding a more credible candidate to run in 2024. 

If Republicans run Trump or any other candidate against Joe Biden in 2024, Democrats have zero chance of retaining control of the White House. Biden has a reverse Midas touch that has wrecked everything that he has touched. The economy, foreign policy, energy policy, baby formula, the supply chain...I can't think of a single thing that has improved on Biden's watch. Can you?

Atlanta Fed Predicts Negative Second-Quarter Growth, Indicating Recession Has Begun
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • TD Hounds
(06-30-2022, 10:41 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: It's not official yet, but the Atlanta Fed predicts that the Biden recession has arrived. Instead of wasting their time trying to prevent Donald Trump from running again in 2024, Democrats should have been working on throwing Biden under the bus and finding a more credible candidate to run in 2024. 

If Republicans run Trump or any other candidate against Joe Biden in 2024, Democrats have zero chance of retaining control of the White House. Biden has a reverse Midas touch that has wrecked everything that he has touched. The economy, foreign policy, energy policy, baby formula, the supply chain...I can't think of a single thing that has improved on Biden's watch. Can you?

Atlanta Fed Predicts Negative Second-Quarter Growth, Indicating Recession Has Begun

Well I can get pregnant now, who knew, and I’ll for sure keep it, can’t have an abortion now even if I wanted one…just wondering if anyone’s figured out where these tampons go?  I’ve only found one option so far and that’s shipping only no receiving…
All Democrats really wanted was to keep a credible candidate OUT of the White House so the rabid left could be free to do as they please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(07-02-2022, 01:53 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: All Democrats really wanted was to keep a credible candidate OUT of the White House so the rabid left could be free to do as they please.

There were no credible candidates to choose from in the last election.  Let's hope that we get at least one in 2024.  I believe things are trending that way, but I wouldn't bet on it.
(07-02-2022, 10:27 PM)I The Outsider Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 01:53 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: All Democrats really wanted was to keep a credible candidate OUT of the White House so the rabid left could be free to do as they please.

There were no credible candidates to choose from in the last election.  Let's hope that we get at least one in 2024.  I believe things are trending that way, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The ONLY credible candidate was hijacked with collusion by a crooked Clinton campaign in 2016 and framed by the national media in 2020.  There has yet to be any type reckoning for that or the fact that the presidents son sat on a foreign oil board, a country which we have poured billions of dollars into, and received  substantial payments for it, or the fact that numerous members of congress hold substantial interest in foreign oil and / or shipping said oil here.  Bury your head in the sand all you want, push partisan politics continually but some of us know 20 years ago a bunch of people would’ve been in handcuffs and PRESIDENT TRUMP wouldn’t have been one of them…If some type of retribution doesn’t happen after the midterms where people start going to jail, Republicans included then I’ll know some of my fears are true, they’re all in it together…
(07-02-2022, 10:27 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

This kind of thinking proves liberals will do the same stupid stuff over and over...as if any more proof is needed...

What names are on your list of credible candidates?

IMO, no credible Democrat has any chance of winning their party's nomination because the only credible candidates are those who have been able to create some separation between Joe Biden's idiotic and disastrous agenda and their own political positions.

The list of credible candidates on the Republican side is longer than the long list that I have posted below. I hope that former President Trump is unsuccessful in his efforts to intimidate potential GOP candidates from running, Joe Biden's failed presidency will make it very difficult for any Democrat who has consistently supported him to have any shot at being elected president. I believe that Trump could win his second term in 2024 but I also believe that any other Republican who is likely to win the nomination will have an easier path to the presidency than Trump would have.

Here are my shortlists of credible candidates for each party, with the litmus test for credibility being the ability to appeal to independents and to a share of the opposing party's voters:

Democrats:

Tulsi Gabbard (former four-term member of the U.S. House of Representatives, a Major in the Hawaii National Guard, and a veteran of the Iraq War)

Joe Manchen (current U.S. Senator, former West Virginia governor, and a successful small businessman)

Kyrsten Sinema (current U.S. Senator, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives)

Republicans:

Donald Trump (former U.S. president)

Ron DeSantis (current governor of the nation's 3rd most populous state, formerly a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, and formerly a Navy JAG and advisor to Seal Team One as a veteran of the Iraq war)

Gregg Abbot (current governor of the nation's 2nd most populous state, formerly the longest-serving Attorney General in Texas history, and a former member of the Texas Supreme Court)

Nikki Haley (former governor of South Caroline and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations)

Kristi Noem (current governor of South Dakota and former member of the U.S. House of Representatives)

Mike Pence (former Vice President, former governor of Indiana, and former member of the U.S. House of Representatives)

Tom Cotton (two-term Senator from Arkansas and a veteran of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars)

Ted Cruz (Senator of Texas, former Attorney General of Texas, and a successful attorney who has argued and won multiple landmark cases in front of the U. S. Supreme Court)

Tim Scott (current U.S. Senator from South Carolina and former member of the U.S. House of Representatives)

In 2020 Biden was a dead-last dead duck during the Dem run-up for the nomination. The press were regularly laughing him off and mocking him for a doddering old fool. Then in head snapping suddenness if memory serves--- and devoid of any sort of comeback or redeeming performance whatever, over the course of the weekend of Saturday, Feb 29th; and Sunday, March 1st, like magic he got up Monday morning, (well, sometime Monday) to find himself elevated to front runner anyway.

The entirety of all news media were shaking their heads and at a loss for words about it for a while. But those faithful to the Dem cause managed to pull out of the nose dive after a few days and with attitudes adjusted, were all back on air excitedly shaking the pom poms and rolling out the barrel. There's no such thing as a fair primary for a Democrat if you ask me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(07-03-2022, 12:59 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 10:27 PM)I The Outsider Wrote:

The ONLY credible candidate was hijacked with collusion by a crooked Clinton campaign in 2016 and framed by the national media in 2020.  There has yet to be any type reckoning for that or the fact that the presidents son sat on a foreign oil board, a country which we have poured billions of dollars into, and received  substantial payments for it, or the fact that numerous members of congress hold substantial interest in foreign oil and / or shipping said oil here.  Bury your head in the sand all you want, push partisan politics continually but some of us know 20 years ago a bunch of people would’ve been in handcuffs and PRESIDENT TRUMP wouldn’t have been one of them…If some type of retribution doesn’t happen after the midterms where people start going to jail, Republicans included then I’ll know some of my fears are true, they’re all in it together…

Trump has committed more crimes than even the Clinton crime family, and it's not even close.  The only thing that may keep him out of jail is scared politicians afraid that they can't win their next election without his cult's vote.
(07-04-2022, 05:49 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 12:59 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 10:27 PM)I The Outsider Wrote:

Trump has committed more crimes than even the Clinton crime family, and it's not even close.  The only thing that may keep him out of jail is scared politicians afraid that they can't win their next election without his cult's vote.
It is posts like this one that have deprived you of all credibility. Democrats impeached Donald Trump twice with no evidence of any impeachable offense and they are still so worried that they cannot field a competitive candidate against him, that the party continues to engage in a nonstop political witch hunt against him. Yet, Trump remains the most popular political figure in this nation.

Maybe Democrats should try moderating their far left-wing agenda to appeal more to moderate voters because beating a dead horse is not getting them anywhere.
I think about any Republican will win the presidency in ‘24 but I’m hoping the head of the ticket will be Ron DeSantis. Hopefully Trump will step aside and get behind him with support, but I’m afraid his ego will not allow himself to do that. Trump can win but he has generated so much ammo for the left to use against him that to begin with, the January 6 protest will be much edited and spiffed up with its best Hollywood storylines and used 24/7 in campaign commercials. The liberals will throw every lie, diversion, gaslight, fake news, etc ….as well as the kitchen sink, in an effort to stop Trump. Trump can still win but DeSantis would have an easier time of it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
I agree with most of your post Lookayanner, excepting your points about Trump having  'generated' so much ammo for the left to use against him and the surety of a Republican win.

The left did 100% of the generating, as it was all dreamed up out of thin air. Lies in other words. And as for the coming election--- mail-in balloting still remains in affect, does it not? In fact as far as I am aware, nada has been done to address the concerns of election fraud, with or without evidence in support. Nonetheless, little would make me happier than to see on election day that you are 100% right. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^ Follow-up. Trump's most egregious sins in the eyes of the left if you ask me, are things like pledging to restore the power of government back to the hands of the people (ala the framers vision), and his 'America First' agenda.

The left love to talk about their perceptions of hypocrisy in those with whom they disagree. If there are bigger hypocrites than liberals however, I would ask that someone point that out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]