Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 2022
With Chris Larkey taking over the reign of head coach at the rock, and addition of a very big and talented freshman class. As well as some upper classman transfers. The Excitement is back in Rockcastle.  I've heard that the numbers are up for spring ball, hopefully majority make it through camp.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've heard that Rockcastle has a stadium upgrade in the works for 2023. If what I've heard is accurate it should generate a bunch of excitement around the program.
Rock has been putting in the work and improving looking better each outing. Been to several 7on7 around the area. One in Somerset one in Corbin and one in Danville. Today at the 7on7 at EKU finished 2-1 on the day. Beat Layfette then had to turn around and play back to back and lost in the second round to 3A state runner up last year Tilghman by just 2 points. Big things are on the horizon for this football team.. could be a very special year if they keep putting in the work. Rock is Hard Again! ?
Go Rockets!
The transfers mentioned earlier, how many of those are we talking? And how many come from north?
I’d say North didn’t lose any, I may be wrong. Only added.
(07-24-2022, 10:29 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’d say North didn’t lose any, I may be wrong. Only added.
Well I know of one lineman i saw in rock gear not too long ago who was a 5th year from north. But he may be the only one. I was just curious
I'll check on that, I really don't know. But havnt heard anything on my end.
The support and excitement around the football program hasn’t been this pumped up in a long time. With the Larkey’s taking back over the program and just changing the entire dynamic and aroma that surrounds the program are exactly what this community needs. Almost 100 young kids came out for youth football even during hot and wet weather that just shows the excitement the new coaching staff has instilled throughout the community and can attest to how bright the future looks for the Rock! Only a few weeks left until we put foot to leather and see all the hard work this group of Rockets have put together and see them fulfill all of it on the gridiron! Time to bring back the hard nose, hard hitting style of football that was a staple of every Rock team. Run stopping defenses that were know to be extremely stingy and well discipline that many could only describe them as the filthy animals! Good Luck on taking back the district and achieving everything the team is working hard on everyday!

As Always Let’s Go Rock!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmashMouth17's post:
  • Bull got out!
Smash mouth football is back at the Rock, Larkey will be pounding out 3-4 yards a carry everytime he touches the ball. When these boys get back from camp they will be a well oiled machine.

Go Rock
Of course we will be primarily run offense but we will pass to help open the run up. That’s where Chris is different than Tom or even Parkey for that matter. Chris will pass the ball he isn’t always run run run he will play of course to our strength if we are better at passing then he will adapt to that it won’t strictly be run only like Parkey or years past. It will be more of a balance attack/pass to open the run game up.
(07-31-2022, 04:49 AM)Rock nation Wrote: Smash mouth football is back at the Rock, Larkey will be pounding out 3-4 yards a carry everytime he touches the ball. When these boys get back from camp they will be a well oiled machine.

Go Rock
Where they going to camp at ?
(07-31-2022, 04:41 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 04:49 AM)Rock nation Wrote: Smash mouth football is back at the Rock, Larkey will be pounding out 3-4 yards a carry everytime he touches the ball. When these boys get back from camp they will be a well oiled machine.

Go Rock
Where they going to camp at ?

Back to good ole Jabez.