Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brightest future in the 14th
Which program is gonna have the best 4 year run starting now?
For next season…

Hazard will be the HEAVY favorite

Breathitt, Letcher, Estill and Powell will be solid as well

Perry loses quiet a bit but return a couple of big arms and in the 14th that is all you need so they’ll be in the mix as well

I’m not very familiar with the current underclassmen to go beyond next season.
When you talk about the brightest future for the next 4 years Wolfe County has to be in the discussion. They started 7 8th graders last year and have made great improvements the last 2 seasons.
[-] The following 3 users Like Reds#1Fan's post:
  • Bluecat, DukeBoy, Upthemiddel
Hazard and Wolfe
(06-22-2022, 07:20 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: When you talk about the brightest future for the next 4 years Wolfe County has to be in the discussion. They started 7 8th graders last year and have made great improvements the last 2 seasons.

Rumor is they've lost their best player. (Molands)     And their assistant (Wilson) has applied for the Jackson City opening.

I would say Hazard is still top Dawg. And will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
I don’t see the Molands kid leaving. Losing an assistant coach won’t be a big hit, I would be shocked to see Wilson’s son transfer to Jackson City. They are a long shot to make the district championship to say the least.
How many Seniors in the 14th Region this year got signed to play College Baseball? Names and schools if you know of any.
(06-24-2022, 11:08 AM)catsrule Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 07:20 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: When you talk about the brightest future for the next 4 years Wolfe County has to be in the discussion. They started 7 8th graders last year and have made great improvements the last 2 seasons.

Rumor is they've lost their best player. (Molands)     And their assistant (Wilson) has applied for the Jackson City opening.

I would say Hazard is still top Dawg.    And will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
Molands isn’t going anywhere
Leslie has a good group of Freshmen and a few 8th graders that look promising. The freshmen group for Leslie has been super competitive over the last 2-3 years in the middle school playoffs and they may have even won one year or lost in the championship... I can't remember... .regardless, if they stick together and all continue to play than no doubt they'll be a good team.
Best arms in the region.
Not ranking them. Just ones that I have saw in person. There are several other good pitchers. These are just the hardest throwers. If I left some off, list them.
1. Patrick - Hazard
2. Daniels - PCC
3. Macalarnis - PCC
4. Combs - Breathitt
5. Forehand - Estill
6. Hensley - Leslie

Think it’s fair to say all them are in the mid to low 80s. Interesting to see what they do over the winter. I’m sure Brian Dean has LCC working on Velo as we speak.
(11-19-2022, 10:22 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Best arms in the region.
Not ranking them.  Just ones that I have saw in person.  There are several other good pitchers.  These are just the hardest throwers.  If I left some off, list them.
1.  Patrick - Hazard
2.  Daniels - PCC
3.  Macalarnis - PCC
4.  Combs - Breathitt

5.  Forehand - Estill
6.  Hensley - Leslie

Think it’s fair to say all them are in the mid to low 80s.  Interesting to see what they do over the winter.  I’m sure Brian Dean has LCC working on Velo as we speak.

where does Gus Mullins stand? I heard he was talking about a two way spot at KCU?
Mullins is a very good solid pitcher. Think he hums around 80 with an excellent curveball. Most underrated kid in the region. Kid can flat out play the game.
(11-19-2022, 10:22 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Best arms in the region.
Not ranking them.  Just ones that I have saw in person.  There are several other good pitchers.  These are just the hardest throwers.  If I left some off, list them.
1.  Patrick - Hazard
2.  Daniels - PCC
3.  Macalarnis - PCC
4.  Combs - Breathitt
5.  Forehand - Estill
6.  Hensley - Leslie

Think it’s fair to say all them are in the mid to low 80s.  Interesting to see what they do over the winter.  I’m sure Brian Dean has LCC working on Velo as we speak.
You can put Landry Collett in there for Leslie..
What’s Landrys numbers? He throw gas? Know he’s a QB.
What grade is Collett? Has he played before?