Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region predictions
PCC loaded as always.
Any word on any other scrimmages or games so far this season?
(11-18-2022, 12:22 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Dont got to recruit your own kids.   Hard for that big to play with a broke leg last year.  Dont take a lot to turn that type of stone up.   Different approach to recruiting.   Funny.  You guys ran your new coach off yet?  May be time for another one.
He left on his own is the word.
(11-18-2022, 04:55 AM)Wildcat100 Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 08:21 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Rumor in Jtown is Christian Collins and Bryce Hoskins are headed to Leslie as soon as football is over.  Probably ain’t true but it’s untelling around here.
I heard Shannon snagged a “BIG” out of the PCC pep section for this upcoming season. Talk about a different approach to recruiting. He leaving no stone unturned lol
Who is this "Big"? What I have seen and heard is that PCC is going to be down this year.
Not sure who the new big is but they have Knight, Slone, and Macalarnis. They do have the big 6’6 freshman.
(11-10-2022, 08:47 PM)Upthemiddel Wrote: Estill has renovated the gymnasium, facelift, new HVAC system, goals, bleachers and player or 2 in the mix. Good mix of kids, several tournaments on the schedule.
Care to elaborate on players in the mix? I know they redone the gym and looks awesome btw.
Here’s my predictions 
1.)Breathitt with breathitt basically returning everyone except turner which is a big loss but everyone else will also take a step up. BB with the coach job this team will either go big or go home in the semi final region. Sperry has spent all summer playing against guys are 2x better than anyone else in the region. 
2.) Perry there’s a lot of pressure on this team to repeat but also unsure of what their roster holds Beverly is the best true point guard this region has Day can drop 20-30 any night. Knight is very tough also double double guy. Haven’t sent much from the Macalranis kid since middle school even then he was very slow.
3.) Hazard a veteran team but a lot to be unsure about with a couple big players graduating these past 2 years. But you can never count out big Al
4.) Letcher a very solid team all around not anyone that stands out but still a solid team great role players and that’s why they are 4 instead of 3 I could see them getting an upset potentially in regular season but when tournament time comes you have to know who the ball is going to.
5.)Estill had a great run last year but I’m not sure what’s going on this year haven’t really heard much and haven’t watched them a lot 
6.)Wolfe I doubt Thompson can carry this team by himself he’s never had the full load with Johnson graduating 2 years ago and tolsons graduating also I’m just not sure if he can adjust especially with young guys who haven’t seen much of the court he’s the only start returning besides Ritchie and word is he’s not really into basketball anymore and misses a lot of practice. 
7.) Jackson City New coach new style didn’t lose anyone this team is very questionable and could potentially give everyone a good game not very deep on the bench. Flinchum is their biggest scorer as an 8th grader. They have a very good defender in Howard very scrappy. Good forward in Clair have noticed he’s very efficient when he shoots the ball but doesn’t shoot it often. Also expect Jett to have a good year.
(11-23-2022, 01:27 AM)thewarrior Wrote: Here’s my predictions 
1.)Breathitt with breathitt basically returning everyone except turner which is a big loss but everyone else will also take a step up. BB with the coach job this team will either go big or go home in the semi final region. Sperry has spent all summer playing against guys are 2x better than anyone else in the region. 
2.) Perry there’s a lot of pressure on this team to repeat but also unsure of what their roster holds Beverly is the best true point guard this region has Day can drop 20-30 any night. Knight is very tough also double double guy. Haven’t sent much from the Macalranis kid since middle school even then he was very slow.
3.) Hazard a veteran team but a lot to be unsure about with a couple big players graduating these past 2 years. But you can never count out big Al
4.) Letcher a very solid team all around not anyone that stands out but still a solid team great role players and that’s why they are 4 instead of 3 I could see them getting an upset potentially in regular season but when tournament time comes you have to know who the ball is going to.
5.)Estill had a great run last year but I’m not sure what’s going on this year haven’t really heard much and haven’t watched them a lot 
6.)Wolfe I doubt Thompson can carry this team by himself he’s never had the full load with Johnson graduating 2 years ago and tolsons graduating also I’m just not sure if he can adjust especially with young guys who haven’t seen much of the court he’s the only start returning besides Ritchie and word is he’s not really into basketball anymore and misses a lot of practice. 
7.) Jackson City New coach new style didn’t lose anyone this team is very questionable and could potentially give everyone a good game not very deep on the bench. Flinchum is their biggest scorer as an 8th grader. They have a very good defender in Howard very scrappy. Good forward in Clair have noticed he’s very efficient when he shoots the ball but doesn’t shoot it often. Also expect Jett to have a good year.

Agreed untill you got to 7.   lol      
I doubt Jackson City can beat Lee County, Leslie or Knott.
Warrior went threw all that trouble with his big useless post to diss two or his old grade school team mates, both being much quicker and more athletic than him. Guess he must heard their names a lot coming up as a kid.
(11-23-2022, 11:57 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
I doubt Jackson City can beat Lee County, Leslie or Knott.
I heard they beat Leslie in the summer without a couple starters. They should also beat lee. Knott and Jackson are on the same level in my opinion both young and very questionable.
(11-23-2022, 10:31 AM)catsrule Wrote:

Agreed untill you got to 7.   lol      
what's your rankings haven't seen many rankings post so just curious.
1. Breathitt
2. PCC
3. Letcher
4. Hazard
5. Wolfe
6. Estill
7. Knott
8. Leslie
9. Lee
10. Cordia
11. Buckhorn
12. Powell
13. Jackson City
14. Owsley
My rankings

1. Breathitt
2. Breathitt
3. Breathitt
4. Breathitt
5. Breathitt

Bobcat Nation Baby

No other team within 50
1. Breathitt
2. Perry
3. Letcher
4. Hazard

5. Estill
6. Wolfe

7. Leslie
8. Knott
9. Cordia
10. Lee
11. Jackson City
12. Buckhorn
13. Powell
14. Owsley
I think it's allways fun to look back over this stuff when it's over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Lololol
(03-07-2023, 12:50 AM)HCS Wrote: I think it's allways fun to look back over this stuff when it's over.
Yes it is, lol. There was a lot of Breathitt County dissing and sarcasm by a few posters but in the end they did cut down the nets and are heading to Rupp.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Night Train
From what I could tell, the Breathitt kids finally bought in and stopped listening to their parents. Glad someone got through to the kids. Kyle done a remarkable job getting them to buy in and gel. Parents can completely destroy a team.
(03-07-2023, 11:06 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: From what I could tell, the Breathitt kids finally bought in and stopped listening to their parents.  Glad someone got through to the kids.  Kyle done a remarkable job getting them to buy in and gel.  Parents can completely destroy a team.
Dude that’s your only defense. You’re so bitt hurt that your commodores got beat that you come up with excuse after excuse. It always leads to the parents. You need new material. If I was you I would just delete your account and start with a new one. And get some new material.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountain Monster's post:
  • Night Train
DukeBoy has been sour all year… I want to personally thank every parent on this team for making it happen. This started years ago and a lot of posters on here are just misinformed.

DukeBoy thinks these kids just woke up one day and decided not to listen to the parents
How lame is that thought process? I’ll repeat this one last time, the parents were never the problem

Cheers to everyone, especially the coaching staff and players. #BreathittProud
[-] The following 2 users Like Night Train's post:
  • DukeBoy, Mountain Monster
No accounts getting deleted any time soon. Nobody butt hurt here. Best I’d saw Breathitt play all year. Didn’t see them fighting and cussing each out on the floor like I’d saw in Jackson. Ok, maybe it wasn’t the parents and was just the previous coaches fault. Idk. Don’t care. I’m happy for the Bob Kitties. Good luck to your Nite Shade and Mountain Mobster.
[-] The following 2 users Like DukeBoy's post:
  • Mountain Monster, Night Train
I picked Breathitt last year and this year, as did the Cats Pause. So, one of two. I thought Breathitt had the most talent, but they were just awful in December. Moore deserves a lot of credit for getting them on the same page.
The one argument I always hate is "Team A is No. 1 until someone beats them." That requires no thought or analysis. Are those people picking Breathitt next year using that logic when they lose five of their top six?
(03-07-2023, 11:39 PM)HCS Wrote: I picked Breathitt last year and this year, as did the Cats Pause. So, one of two. I thought Breathitt had the most talent, but they were just awful in December. Moore deserves a lot of credit for getting them on the same page.
The one argument I always hate is "Team A is No. 1 until someone beats them." That requires no thought or analysis. Are those people picking Breathitt next year using that logic when they lose five of their top six?
I agree 100%. "Number 1 until knocked off" is all they said about Perry Central all preseason and beyond even though they lost a lot of players last year. 
Way too early to talk about next year. 6'8" Ritchie is floating out there and while some put him down, I like the youngster and think he's gotten better every year and could really shine his senior year. In addition there's a football player or two that may come to Breathitt and really bolster the basketball team. We'll let things unfold but focus on Rupp for now.
(03-08-2023, 12:40 AM)Slim one Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 11:39 PM)HCS Wrote: I picked Breathitt last year and this year, as did the Cats Pause. So, one of two. I thought Breathitt had the most talent, but they were just awful in December. Moore deserves a lot of credit for getting them on the same page.
I agree 100%. "Number 1 until knocked off" is all they said about Perry Central all preseason and beyond even though they lost a lot of players last year. 
Way too early to talk about next year. 6'8" Ritchie is floating out there and while some put him down, I like the youngster and think he's gotten better every year and could really shine his senior year. In addition there's a football player or two that may come to Breathitt and really bolster the basketball team. We'll let things unfold but focus on Rupp for now.
It will be interesting to see where Ritchie ends up. Someone floated a rumor that he may end up at Jackson City and pair up with their sensational freshman-to-be Flinchum, who is about 6’2 at guard and averaged around 25 ppg this season.
Flinchum kid is the real deal. Heard sometime ago that he had gone to Jackson City for the playing time experience and planned to go to Breathitt as a freshman. But who knows.