Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central opening
Just seen where Coach Lawson took the head baseball position at East Jessamine. Who takes over this program?
(06-20-2022, 08:51 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Just seen where Coach Lawson took the head baseball position at East Jessamine. Who takes over this program?

If I were guessing it'll stay within the program, assistant coach Will Ward maybe the most likely to takeover for Coach Lawson.
been hearing thru rumor mill Chad Pugh the jr high coach.   If that takes place the program will suffer in my opinion.   Ward or Elkins would do a great job with the boys.
Why will it suffer?
Lawson had some great teams in his first few years as a coach when he was at Pikeville. He is a fantastic coach and I wish him the best in Nicholasville.
No success at the jr high level from what I have seen. but we will wait and see.
Brad Elkins would be my guess
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(06-21-2022, 09:50 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Brad Elkins would be my guess

I doubt it, I believe Brad is gonna focus solely on football.
Do the kids at Pike Central have a travel team? If you are gonna have a successful HS program, it starts with travel ball. Need a team for every two years apart. If they aren’t doing that then there’s not much hope in baseball. Gotta get out of small pond. Take some beatings in order to improve.
Will Ward has been named as PC’s coach.