Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 2 Letcher County Central 0
Final from Wolfe County.
Same championship game as last year.
Last season Estill easily defeated Wolfe twice during the season but couldn’t get it done in the title game. I think the Lady Engineers had only 4 losses going into that game.
I’m
Sure they’ll be pumped for a rematch this year but Wolfe has won it twice in the last 3 years and most likely would have won it the Pandemic year if it had been played. They have developed a nice program in Campton. Estill has had a solid program for many years.
(05-28-2022, 08:21 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Same championship game as last year.
Last season Estill easily defeated Wolfe twice during the season but couldn’t get it done in the title game. I think the Lady Engineers had only 4 losses going into that game.
I’m
Sure they’ll be pumped for a rematch this year but Wolfe has won it twice in the last 3 years and most likely would have won it the Pandemic year if it had been played. They have developed a nice program in Campton. Estill has had a solid program for many years.
Wolfe and Estill actually played in the semifinal game last year. Perry central and Wolfe were in the championship game. Regardless, these two teams have had a tremendous run against each other in the past few years with the Wolves having the edge when it counted. The Wolves are always a great tourney team and Coach Howard seems to have them peaking at the right time this year just as Benny has the past several years. Tomorrow will hopefully be a heck of a game. I think I give the edge to the Wolves with their past few years ability to win when it counted. You can set records, have an amazing season, and win big games throughout the year. But, none of that matters if you can’t win the region and get to state. The rest is all for naught. The Wolves are clicking on all cylinders right now. The Engineers are on a winning streak. However, the ladies from irvine have not got it done the last few years when it counted. Edge goes to Wolfe.
Two dropped balls by LCC led to unearned runs by Estill. Great pitching matchup between Winkle and Nicely. Good luck to Lady Engineers. LCC loses one Senior and will be back next year as they will host the Regional at their place.
(05-29-2022, 11:13 AM)UKisN1 Wrote: Two dropped balls by LCC led to unearned runs by Estill. Great pitching matchup between Winkle and Nicely. Good luck to Lady Engineers. LCC loses one Senior and will be back next year as they will host the Regional at their place.
I felt like this was probably the best game of the tournament.