Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 6 Pikeville 0 (15th Region Tournament)
Burke pitches a no hitter and Prestonsburg gets a win a lot of folks probably had them wrote off of when the matchups were announced.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Diogenes
(05-26-2022, 12:16 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Burke pitches a no hitter and Prestonsburg gets a win a lot of folks probably had them wrote off of when the matchups were announced.
I knew they’d be a tough out for anyone. They played Lawrence County very tough 3 out of their last 4 games. 4-0, 6-0, and 3-1. They have been playing pretty dang good here lately. 

When you get to playoff time you can’t over look anyone. Belfry and Pikeville didn’t throw their number ones and it bite them. Tomorrows games should be fun @ Belfry.
Craig Ratliff has come in and elevated the Pburg baseball program back up to where Simpkins had it. These players are training year round and have spent many hours preparing for games like these and it’s nice to see all that hard work pay off.

Congrats to Payton Burke. He’s been very underrated for years and tonight he showed out and has given his school and community something to be really proud of.

Now go beat those Golden Eagles!!!
A no hitter against the mighty Panthers! This can't be true! The jetpilot made them out to be the second coming of The Big Red Machine!!!
Pikeville peaked at the All A. The two teams that lost last night didn’t throw their #1 starter and it hit them in the tush.
I knew Pburg had improved a lot the last two seasons but this is a huge win for their program. Congratulations to P. Burke on the no-hitter. That’s a heck of an accomplishment to get in the regional tournament.

I think Pburg and JC is pretty evenly matched so that semifinal should be intense.

(05-26-2022, 07:23 AM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville peaked at the All A. The two teams that lost last night didn’t throw their #1 starter and it hit them in the tush.

it definitely didn’t help Pikeville but at the end of the day you still have to score to win. Even if Pikeville threw their #1 Burke still threw a no-hitter for Pburg. So instead 6-0 it may have been a Pburg 1-0 or 2-0 win.