Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 9 Belfry 5 (15th Region Tournament)
Final from Belfry

Johnson Central will await the winner of Prestonsburg and Pikeville.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Great job Eagles!!!
Shocking when you look at the regular season. Not shocking when you look at post season history of the 2 schools.
Disappointing for Belfry. This is one of the better teams they’ve had in the last decade. This was a big opportunity especially since they were hosting the region.

This is one of the weaker teams JC has had in the last decade but they found a way to win this one. They have a couple of really talented players but the consistency has not been there this season.
If you are Belfry, this is a perfect example of why it is important to play teams outside of the 15th region and away from the traditionally weak southern West Virginia area. Belfry has a much better regular season record than JC coming in but nothing prepares a team for the post season than playing a brutal regular season schedule. This may be the weakest team in Coach Hall's reign at JC , but dont base everything on a regular season record. He traditionally plays the most brutal schedule in the 15th region, but it sure pays off in the post season. I am going to predict JC in the regional finals once again.
(05-27-2022, 07:46 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: If you are Belfry, this is a perfect example of why it is important to play teams outside of the 15th region and away from the traditionally weak southern West Virginia area. Belfry has a much better regular season record than JC coming in but nothing prepares a team for the post season than playing a brutal regular season schedule. This may be the weakest team in Coach Hall's reign at JC , but dont base everything on a regular season record. He traditionally plays the most brutal schedule in the 15th region, but it sure pays off in the post season. I am going to predict JC in the regional finals once again.
Baseball is a funny sport. We also beat paintsville and took Lawrence to a 1 run game. You can play the schedule game if you want and it’s justified. Look at pikevilles schedule and their outcome in the regional tournament and they are sitting at home too. 

Having said that if you can field a bunt, throw strikes and not hit batters you aren’t gonna win. It’s pretty simple.
(05-27-2022, 08:35 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 07:46 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: If you are Belfry, this is a perfect example of why it is important to play teams outside of the 15th region and away from the traditionally weak southern West Virginia area. Belfry has a much better regular season record than JC coming in but nothing prepares a team for the post season than playing a brutal regular season schedule. This may be the weakest team in Coach Hall's reign at JC , but dont base everything on a regular season record. He traditionally plays the most brutal schedule in the 15th region, but it sure pays off in the post season. I am going to predict JC in the regional finals once again.
Baseball is a funny sport. We also beat paintsville and took Lawrence to a 1 run game. You can play the schedule game if you want and it’s justified. Look at pikevilles schedule and their outcome in the regional tournament and they are sitting at home too. 

Having said that if you can field a bunt, throw strikes and not hit batters you aren’t gonna win. It’s pretty simple.

Belfry, the school, has more issues than anyone could ever imagine. Your play on the baseball field and the handling of the parents on that fence line, is just a microcosm of that. Good luck if your kid plays there, because you’re going to need that and connections.
I don’t think there’s any question that Belfry’s record would be a lot worse if they played JCs schedule. It’s also true that playing tough game after tough game in the regular season prepares you better for the regional. There’s a reason why JC always finds a way to go deep in the tournament. Part of that is the brutal schedule.
(05-27-2022, 08:35 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:

Belfry just didn’t look ready for this game. Maybe over confident since beat them twice. If you play JC they will bunt be ready for it. Parents are the same at every school if not going their way they are vocal. Belfry returns several good players so next year. Schedule could definitely be tougher but IC 16 said some True Words above.
(05-27-2022, 04:19 PM)Mister D Wrote: I don’t think there’s any question that Belfry’s record would be a lot worse if they played JCs schedule. It’s also true that playing tough game after tough game in the regular season prepares you better for the regional. There’s a reason why JC always finds a way to go deep in the tournament. Part of that is the brutal schedule.
You can play whoever you want, it doesn’t make you a better defensive team or change the athletic makeup of a team? I get the logic I really do but trust me when I say it wouldn’t matter what schedule we play it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of this game.
(05-27-2022, 09:07 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 04:19 PM)Mister D Wrote: I don’t think there’s any question that Belfry’s record would be a lot worse if they played JCs schedule. It’s also true that playing tough game after tough game in the regular season prepares you better for the regional. There’s a reason why JC always finds a way to go deep in the tournament. Part of that is the brutal schedule.
You can play whoever you want, it doesn’t make you a better defensive team or change the athletic makeup of a team? I get the logic I really do but trust me when I say it wouldn’t matter what schedule we play it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of this game.

Then why was it such a different result in the season both times? Not trying to be a smart butt but a genuine question.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(05-27-2022, 09:56 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Then why was it such a different result in the season both times? Not trying to be a smart butt but a genuine question.
JC played a different style, didn’t bunt, weren’t as aggressive. 

I’m not trying to be confrontational just give an honest opinions of somebody close to the program. 

Also if the schedule mattered so much how did we beat paintsville, beat JC twice, and take LC 9 innings and lose 6-5. 

see what I’m saying? In none of the 4 games mentioned above was there ever a small ball bunt fest, and steal fest.
(05-27-2022, 10:54 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:

I’m not trying to be confrontational just give an honest opinions of somebody close to the program. 

Also if the schedule mattered so much how did we beat paintsville, beat JC twice, and take LC 9 innings and lose 6-5. 

see what I’m saying? In none of the 4 games mentioned above was there ever a small ball bunt fest, and steal fest.

That's true points.  Usually teams don't go small ball till they want to win games because they'd rather see their guys get swings and build momentum seeing the ball be put in play.
#BBFL

It’s called “Managing”

The last 4 teams standing plus Pikeville have high quality coaches and assistants and will ask players to do what’s necessary to win.
(05-27-2022, 11:37 PM)RTruth Wrote:

It’s called “Managing”

The last 4 teams standing plus Pikeville have high quality coaches and assistants and will ask players to do what’s necessary to win.
Belfry was not prepared. But Pikeville was even less prepared. Belfry actually had a chance late. Pikeville never put a point on the board. They have regressed dramatically since the all A.
(05-27-2022, 11:37 PM)RTruth Wrote:

It’s called “Managing”

I agree with a lot of what you say there. I will keep what I want to say to myself. Lol