Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County vs. Paintsville (15th Region Semifinals)
Game to be played Thursday. Should be a great game
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Let’s run down the lineups.

Lawrence County
1) B Fletcher C
2) Lafferty SS
3) Maynard LF
4) Patton P
5) E Fletcher 2B
6) A Collinsworth B
7) Preston DH for Crum in RF
8) Derifield 3B
9) N Collinsworth CF

Offense: This lineup doesn’t strike out very much and puts the ball in play a lot. They have some power 19 HRs on the season. Very good bunting lineup.

Defense: IMO the best defensive team in the region. They don’t make a lot of errors. The OF is very good with alot of speed. The infielders all have very good arms who can make all the plays. Behind the plate they have the best catcher in the region.

Painstville
1) Phelps CF
2) Allen LF
3) Ratliff 1B
4) Porter DH for Fugate P
5) G Collins SS
6) Taylor 2B
7) Miller RF
8) Peters 3B
9) James C

Offense: a lot of team Speed and Power. The lineup is very dangerous. Their lineup is prone to strikeouts which comes along with the long ball.

Defense: OF is very good with alot of speed. IF is solid and can make all the plays. Catcher is solid getting better every game.

Overall: this game is a toss up. They are 1-1 this year in the regular season. Which ever team can make the least amount of mistakes and throw the most strikes will win this game.
This game all relies on how well Paintsville hits the ball, we know Lawrence will put the ball in play but if Paintsville doesn't match that then this could be a game that is never out of Lawrence County's control.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
No Blevins?
I’ll take Paintsville
I’m going with Paintsville
(05-25-2022, 09:18 AM)Spud6 Wrote: This game all relies on how well Paintsville hits the ball, we know Lawrence will put the ball in play but if Paintsville doesn't match that then this could be a game that is never out of Lawrence County's control.
^ this. Lawrence County has proven they can hit Painstville’s top 2. Scored 7 runs off both Fugate and Taylor with double digit hits the last 2 times they’ve faced each of them. But can they continue to do this, this game? Both are really good arms who can shut anyone out. 

Patton will more than likely throw for Lawrence County. Painstville had 2 hits off him earlier this year but their offense can go off on anyone at any time. 

This should be a really good game. Whoever can put the ball in play hard more times against their opposing D1 pitcher should win this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fewfirstchoice's post:
  • Spud6
Last year in a similar semi final vs Paintsville, Lawrence won 7-0. Obviously this is a new year with some different players. Like what has been said the key is Paintsville getting a couple of runs early. If they can get their bats going this could be a high scoring game for both sides.
This is your region championship game. Nothing against the other two teams but they will not have pitching left to beat either of these 2.
(05-26-2022, 11:28 AM)Truewords Wrote: This is your region championship game. Nothing against the other two teams but they will not have pitching left to beat either of these 2.

You are probably right but Prestonsburg is hot right now and played Lawrence tough in the district championship game when Patton was on the hill. Just comes down to pitching
#BBFL
Weather is becoming a factor. Just heard if do not play today. Semi finals and finals played Saturday. Gives pitchers few days rest.
Will be interesting if Painstville beats Lawrence, and Prestonsburg beats JC. The Ratliff/Lemaster household would be a little torn lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(05-26-2022, 01:29 PM)Fanman Wrote: Will be interesting if Painstville beats Lawrence, and Prestonsburg beats JC.  The Ratliff/Lemaster household would be a little torn lol

Fugate vs. Fugate as well
#BBFL
Winner of this game wins region. Johnson County and Prestonsburg do not have the pitching to win 2 games in a day.