Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Draw
Forehand’s arm ok?
(05-24-2022, 04:14 AM)BKBaseball Wrote: Powell n knott was a good game defense for knott cost them the game. Can’t make 4 errors and expect to win game. Powell field has the worst lightning of any high school field I have ever seen. Powell used best pitcher and now they face Breathitt  who has their top 2 pitchers. If Breathitt field the ball they move on to championship game . Winner of regionals come from other part of bracket. My sleeper team is Wolfe.
so this was wrong, Powell beats Breathitt 4-0 to move on to the championship game.
Hazard wins another regionals Friday night. I don’t see how they lose Friday night.
I agree, To be honest Meehan is probably the greatest Coach in 14th region history. He wins year in and out makes runs in the state tournament. He is a legend
Hazard is the favorite for sure but anything can happen in 1 game. Powell has a talented pitcher going to the mound and just like Prestonsburg beat Pikeville, Powell could upset Hazard.
That same pitcher pitched when Hazard beat them 12-2 earlier this season. Not saying this game will be the same way but the odds are definitely in Hazard’s favor. But like I’ve said, baseball is a funny sport and the best team doesn’t always win. It will be a good game for sure.
Hazard 9
Powell 0

Gus and Hensley will mow them down
Hazard wins but than season over against McCracken county in first round of state tournament. McCracken name their score against Hazard.
(05-26-2022, 06:01 PM)BKBaseball Wrote: Hazard wins but than season over against McCracken county in first round of state tournament. McCracken name their score against Hazard.
Maybe Hazard and Powell should just play paper, rock, scissors since it's a sure thing they'll lose.
What’s the all region team looking to be ?
Another historical game and 1-1 into bottom of the 7.  Lots of emotion and good pitching and work in the field.  Estill came ready and had came up Sunday, practiced and stayed the night.  Folks at local hotel said they were good kids well mannered.  Went home after finally Hazard called game at 4:00 Monday as rain came down.  I thought Estill came to play, played thru several jams and Forehand dealing and solid defense turned pressure on Hazard. The Pitchers battled.  Credit to Hazard, kid bunted a ball on squeeze to end it to end it 2-1 Dogs. I agree that was a Championship, had a feel in the air all night.   Coaches and players are to be commended on great baseball game.

(05-25-2022, 02:41 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Forehand’s arm ok?
Cramping in hand /forearm..
Game postponed till tomorrow @6:00.
(05-27-2022, 04:23 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: Game postponed till tomorrow @6:00.
Will this delay be an advantage for either pitching staff? Will both teams be able to use their ace?
Advantage to Hazard as their ace is now available. He wasn’t available for tonight.
(05-27-2022, 07:26 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: Advantage to Hazard as their ace is now available.  He wasn’t available for tonight.
I don’t know how wet it is in Hazard but up here in the northern part of the region about any baseball or softball field could have been readied for a game this afternoon. Maybe there’s more to this cancellation than meets the eye.  Woah
Softball was postponed in Campton.
(05-27-2022, 07:38 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 07:26 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: Advantage to Hazard as their ace is now available.  He wasn’t available for tonight.
I don’t know how wet it is in Hazard but up here in the northern part of the region about any baseball or softball field could have been readied for a game this afternoon. Maybe there’s more to this cancellation than meets the eye.  Woah
There was standing water on the field. No way to play on it today. Rained all last night and most of the day here. Plus the game is at Perry, you can bet Perry didn't purposely cancel to benefit Hazard.
Breathitt is running the tourney
Breathitt is in charge of the tournament first of all. And on top of that, the games are being played on Hazards deeply hated rival’s field. You think Perry Central wants what is best for Hazard? Lol no way. If Perry says the field wasn’t playable then you can guarantee it was not.
Okay.
My error and I apologize.
We didn’t get any rain today in my area with the exception of a few light sprinkles that didn’t amount to anything. People were mowing lawns and other outside activities.
With Hazard’s win over Powell in the championship game they now have won 6 straight regional titles. Coach Meehan has built a dynasty. I watched some of the streamed games and he makes all the right moves and knows the game inside and out. Congratulations to the Bulldogs! The 14th should be well represented at State.
Maybe the Dynasty will win a game or two at state this year. He really gets his kids to execute, they have unrivaled confidence and swag as compared to other teams in this region. Kudos to him. He took 2 or 3 kids from Neighboring schools that didn’t even get to play and has won with them when they didn’t even get to play at the other schools. Best coach in the region and best staff. Has to be. Winning don’t lie.
(05-30-2022, 01:35 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Maybe the Dynasty will win a game or two at state this year.  He really gets his kids to execute, they have unrivaled confidence and swag as compared to other teams in this region.  Kudos to him.  He took 2 or 3 kids from Neighboring schools that didn’t even get to play and has won with them when they didn’t even get to play at the other schools. Best coach in the region and best staff.  Has to be.  Winning don’t lie.
He would have to rank pretty darn high on the totem pole as one of the best high school baseball coaches in the state.
Totally agree Lookyanner
I don’t see hazard winning a game at state guys. McCracken top 2 pitchers be to tough for hazard and they will hit Sawyer Patrick. McCracken ace era is 0.63 in 55 innings. I know anything can happen in baseball but if Hazard stays within a decent marginal score that is a win for them. Games on turf so the small ball won’t be as much as a factor in game.
Hazard can compete with anyone at State. Just gotta hit.
Although McCracken is heavily favored this Hazard team is experienced. This group has been there before and won't back down because they are considered a big underdog. I agree with Rock though, they must hit better than they have. Left way too many runners on during the tournament. They won't lose due to being scared though. Not their first rodeo. Plus they have played a tough schedule to prepare them for a game like this. Good luck to Hazard and the other mountain teams in state this year.
Hazard has a very experienced group. It wouldn't shock me one bit to see them win this game.
If McCracken throw their ace Meehan can bunt all he want to but it won’t matter. Experience is good to have but talent will show big time in the game. My opinion McCracken wins by 6 or more runs if it is that close.