Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Draw
Knott @ Powell
Leslie @breathitt

Estill @ Hazard
Wolfe @ Letcher

Final four at Perry Central
Estill County and Hazard are a tough draw for one another.
(05-21-2022, 08:28 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Estill County and Hazard are a tough draw for one another.

They will both have to pitch strong pitchers. Letcher is playing good ball right now. Could be a good set up for Letcher.
(05-21-2022, 11:51 AM)Mountain Sports 007 Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 08:28 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Estill County and Hazard are a tough draw for one another.

They will both have to pitch strong pitchers. Letcher is playing good ball right now. Could be a good set up for Letcher.
Hazard just beat Estill 14-0 @ Estill with their probably #4 pitcher pitching a complete game one hitter with 9 K’s.  I wouldn’t look for Hazard to have to burn their #1 or #2 pitchers but you never know, baseball is an unpredictable sport.  I think it will be a good game either way.
If Hazard overlooks Estill it will be a mistake. Regular season games don’t mean anything come tournament time. Several years ago at Knott County, Hazard was the heavy favorite and got upset in the the 1st rd trying to throw off in the 1st round.

I think the Wolfe-LCC game will be a good game. Wolfe is a dangerous young team.

Powell couldn’t have asked for a better draw other than switching with Breathitt.
Hazard over look Estill they be home after the first game in regionals. Regular season games don’t mean nothing now. Estill has an ace that if they pitch him will give hazard problems. Don’t over look any team if you do you go home
I’m just a nobody giving my thoughts. Hazard on the other hand has John Meehan as their coach and have won 4 or 5 region titles in a roll. So I’m sure they understand what is at stake and are not overlooking anyone. Like I said, it should be a good game either way.
I was at hazard n Perry game in district and one of hazard coach was behind me and he said the winner of hazard and Perry game wins regionals with no problem. That was surprising to heard a coach say that. That told me they are not worry about any other teams left in regionals. Might be over looking teams?
(05-21-2022, 04:29 PM)BKBaseball Wrote: I was at hazard n Perry game in district  and one of hazard coach was behind me and he said the winner of hazard and Perry game wins regionals with no problem.  That was surprising to heard a coach say that. That told me they are not worry about any other teams left in regionals.  Might be over looking teams?
Okay
(05-21-2022, 04:29 PM)BKBaseball Wrote: I was at hazard n Perry game in district  and one of hazard coach was behind me and he said the winner of hazard and Perry game wins regionals with no problem.  That was surprising to heard a coach say that. That told me they are not worry about any other teams left in regionals.  Might be over looking teams?
Soldier: “General Custer, these Indians could be tougher than we think.”

Gen Custer: “Are you kidding!!! We have better weapons and better trained.”

Soldier: “Whew! That’s a relief to know.”
(05-21-2022, 01:11 PM)3rd /4th inning was Estill demise on corner errors and never recovered.  Estill pitched young pitchers.  Word is you'll see different Estill Team as boot camp continues, all are 100% healthy and wants the ball!  Should be a good one.. Wrote:

Hazard just beat Estill 14-0 @ Estill with their probably #4 pitcher pitching a complete game one hitter with 9 K’s.  I wouldn’t look for Hazard to have to burn their #1 or #2 pitchers but you never know, baseball is an unpredictable sport.  I think it will be a good game either way.
[quote pid="2355692" dateline="1653149476"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Last game was one of those fluke games and left a bitter taste.  Estill had errors in 3rd and the Dogs plated 7 and pretty much took the wind out of Estill.  Hazard had 4 earned runs for the game.  Engineers detailed.    Word is boot camp has been going on last few days and and we should see a different team Monday night, re-focused on a new season.  Forehand and Flynn are healthy and rested.  Key: Estill fields the ball, and handles Hazard short game (bunts) Estill upsets number 1 in a tight one

Last game was one of those fluke games and left a bitter taste.  Estill had errors in 3rd and the Dogs plated 7 and pretty much took the wind out of Estill.  Hazard had 4 earned runs for the game.  Engineers detailed.    Word is boot camp has been going on last few days and and we should see a different team Monday night, re-focused on a new season.  Forehand and Flynn are healthy and rested.  Key: Estill fields the ball, and handles Hazard short game (bunts) Estill upsets number 1 in a tight one
Gus Mullins will lock them down. Dogs 12 Neers 1
Hazard not throwing their #1 is not overlooking anyone as they have 3 or 4 that are capable of doing the job. They would be ace of most staffs. As for the 14-0 game, complete fluke of a game as mentioned above. This is the tougher of the first round games. The Letcher/Wolfe should be a good one as well. Powell and Breathitt should advance but you cannot overlook anyone come tournament time.

This doesn't sound like this staff at all to have said something like that. Maybe it was one of the coaches that sits in the bleachers you heard say this lol!
No it was a hazard coach that said that. He was in dugout for the game so unless hazard let fans set in their dugout I’m pretty sure it was one of the coaches. Plus I know who the coach was that said that but not naming the coach on here.
Where do you find the brackets with dates, times and location?
Letcher will crush Wolfe. Mercy rule them. Wait and see. Hazard hasn’t even thrown the newest recruit Hensley yet from Leslie, he’s about as good as Patrick. Dogs are deeep pitching wise. Dogs in the finals with Patrick ready to Wheel and Deal and pitch a perfect game. And yes the Hazard coaches are that arrogant, they believe in their team and their kids. You can tell by the way they play. They win.
(05-22-2022, 09:59 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Letcher will crush Wolfe.  Mercy rule them.  Wait and see.  Hazard hasn’t even thrown the newest recruit Hensley yet from Leslie, he’s about as good as Patrick.  Dogs are deeep pitching wise.  Dogs in the finals with Patrick ready to Wheel and Deal and pitch a perfect game.  And yes the Hazard coaches are that arrogant, they believe in their team and their kids.  You can tell by the way they play.  They win.
Wolfe has played Perry, Breathitt and Hazard to a 1 run game, mercy ruled Powell, and was toe to toe with Estill. I'm sorry but I can't see LCC mercy ruling them. Matter of fact I can't see Wolfe beating them. In the next few years the region will have to deal with Wolfe

Can see Wolfe beating LCC
14th got region 1 in state tournament so who wins 14th get McCracken county so it be another one game in tournament for the 14th region team. McCracken county probably throw their 6th best pitcher n still mercy 14th region baseball team.
LCC just beat Pikeville.

I guess the 14th Region will just have to forfeit. They don’t play any better baseball in the 1st than the 14th does. Hazard can handle them. Hazard will have to lay a complete egg like Perry did against them before anyone in the region can beat them. Plus Hazard is playing on their home field at the Perry County Park.
LCC did beat Pikeville but has been mediocre at best the rest of the season. If they dont pitch the one kid they are mediocre at best
Got a e. How can a AD of hazard be allowed to ump any games in the regionals? To me that is conflict of interest and he should not be allowed to call any games in regionals. Wolfe will be a dangerous team in this regionals tournament.
It’s the KHSAA BK, does anything really surprise you that goes on around here? This place is about like a 3rd world county, just runs itself and lets anyone make the decisions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • BKBaseball
DukeBoy Wrote:It’s the KHSAA BK, does anything really surprise you that goes on around here?  This place is about like a 3rd world county, just runs itself and lets anyone make the decisions

Each region has an assigner that assigns games. You have to take a Part 2 test in order to officiate post season games. Not really done by the KHSAA
Nothing surprises me in the 14th region. I heard n know for a fact that a umpire been calling games in 14th region and was assigned to girls 53rd softball championship that was not even registered with khsaa. KHSAA called the one who assigned the ump to removed him. Little politics in 14th.
KHSAA needs to step it up and put their big girl panties on an make/enforce rules. All rules apply to everyone in every region no exceptions. Stick by your guns if you gonna be the law of the land. People in the 14th always have an hidden agenda. Every little decision made is going to benefit this one or that one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • BKBaseball
Powell County defeated Knott Central tonight 3-1 and Breathitt County defeated Leslie County 10-2. I assume the other 2 games were canceled due to wet fields.
Powell n knott was a good game defense for knott cost them the game. Can’t make 4 errors and expect to win game. Powell field has the worst lightning of any high school field I have ever seen. Powell used best pitcher and now they face Breathitt who has their top 2 pitchers. If Breathitt field the ball they move on to championship game . Winner of regionals come from other part of bracket. My sleeper team is Wolfe.
Don’t understand why the region semis and finals are being played at Perry. I know the parking situation at Breathitt was an issue, but why move it to a little league sized field that doesn’t even have a warning track? Thought that was a requirement?
If we going say requirements should be used for teams host regions than Lighting , having regular bathrooms n running water should be a big requirements. Powell lighting is awful around home plate area. Hazard n Perry not having restrooms( not portable ones) n running water git to be addressed. 2022 n schools don’t have installed bathrooms n running water is embarrassment for eastern Kentucky.
Estill ace Forehand gave Hazard problems tonight. A lot of people thought Hazard would walked over Estill but I knew with Forehand on the mound that Estill would be in the game. Hazard lucky they won’t need their ace rest of the regionals . That was the championship game tonight.