Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County vs. Prestonsburg (58th District Championship)
Championship game I set for 6pm Wednesday at Betsy Layne High School

How do you all see this one going down?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Lawrence County by 6-8 runs.
(05-17-2022, 04:49 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: Lawrence County by 6-8 runs.

What’s the update on Blevins?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(05-17-2022, 05:26 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Heard he is done for the season, that true?
(05-17-2022, 11:46 PM)Fanman Wrote:

Bryce Blevins will be ready to beat someone in regions, you better believe that!
(05-18-2022, 12:13 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:

Bryce Blevins will be ready to beat someone in regions, you better believe that!
Rumor we heard is it’s a hammy and Marshall threatened to pull the scholarship if he played anymore...again just a rumor we heard last night
(05-18-2022, 07:17 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:

Rumor we heard is it’s a hammy and Marshall threatened to pull the scholarship if he played anymore...again just a rumor we heard last night
Anything can change I guess but my info came from about as good of source as you can get on the situation.
(05-18-2022, 08:42 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 07:17 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 05:26 PM)Spud6 Wrote: What’s the update on Blevins?

Anything can change I guess but my info came from about as good of source as you can get on the situation.
Hope injury is minor and he is 100%. Never want to see any young player get hurt. Bright future ahead for him.
If Marshall did threaten to pull a scholarship if he played another pitch his senior season, *if healthy enough to play of course*, that would denture me from Marshall

But like you mentioned, that was just a rumor you had heard.

This kids a stud and I’ve never got to see him pitch so I’d very much enjoy the opportunity
#BBFL
(05-18-2022, 10:06 AM)Spud6 Wrote: If Marshall did threaten to pull a scholarship if he played another pitch his senior season, *if healthy enough to play of course*, that would denture me from Marshall

This kids a stud and I’ve never got to see him pitch so I’d very much enjoy the opportunity
Well yes and no. He’s an investment for them and if he further damages his hammy that’s a wasted investment for them. I can see both sides of it. He is worth the price of admission. Very overpowering and throws a ton of strikes. Pitches with every ounce of energy he has.
Hamstring injuries are the worst, they can be so nagging for a long time. Rest is about the only thing you can do for it a lot of times. Hope it doesn't hurt his future plans, kid is BIG talent for sure.
What types of pitches does he have?
#BBFL
(05-18-2022, 01:38 PM)Spud6 Wrote: What types of pitches does he have?
5 pitches 2 seam, 4 seam, curve, slider, and change up. Throws them all for strikes and can throw them all at any point in the count with confidence. We had 1BB last year and he’s only had 3BB this year. The young man is good real good.
(05-18-2022, 01:45 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
5 pitches 2 seam, 4 seam, curve, slider, and change up. Throws them all for strikes and can throw them all at any point in the count with confidence. We had 1BB last year and he’s only had 3BB this year. The young man is good real good.

What’s his FB clocked at?
#BBFL
(05-18-2022, 01:54 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Earlier in the year he was sitting 87-88 and he has hit 90 a hand full of times this year. His last 3 starts (against good teams Spring Valley WV, Wheelersburg OH, and Pburg) which has be been a 2 hitter and 2 no hitters his velo has been down a few MPH (the gun at Greenup County showed he was sitting 83-84 and hit 86) but he’s still pitching and carving batters up.
(05-18-2022, 02:42 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 01:54 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Earlier in the year he was sitting 87-88 and he has hit 90 a hand full of times this year. His last 3 starts (against good teams Spring Valley WV, Wheelersburg OH, and Pburg) which has be been a 2 hitter and 2 no hitters his velo has been down a few MPH (the gun at Greenup County showed he was sitting 83-84 and hit 86) but he’s still pitching and carving batters up.
Score updates?
3-1 Lawrence County final.
This one was a pitchers dual accompanied by great defense. That Patton kid for LC was humming that thing it didn’t look like he was throwing much off speed stuff but he was painting any spot imaginable with that FB. Prestonsburg stood tall in this one and never let Lawrence County’s bats find holes like they always seem to do.

I know LC don’t post stats to KHSAA but I’d like to know 25s stats on the mound this year. He’s dangerous with that fast ball. I bet it’s 80-85 no problem
#BBFL
(05-18-2022, 09:29 PM)Spud6 Wrote: This one was a pitchers dual accompanied by great defense. That Patton kid for LC was humming that thing it didn’t look like he was throwing much off speed stuff but he was painting any spot imaginable with that FB. Prestonsburg stood tall in this one and never let Lawrence County’s bats find holes like they always seem to do.

I know LC don’t post stats to KHSAA but I’d like to know 25s stats on the mound this year. He’s dangerous with that fast ball. I bet it’s 80-85 no problem
Patton was 84-86 tonight. His ERA is sub 1 for the year not sure the exact number. 

Prestonsburg played well tonight. Pburg and Lawrence County has played 3 out of their last 4 games and Pburg and been in every game. Whoever draws them in the first round better not over look em. They’ll be dangerous in regionals.
(05-18-2022, 10:06 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Exactly how did Marshall come into the picture anyways? He committed to Kentucky a couple of years ago. His uncle pitched for Marshall. That play into it?

If Marshall did threaten to pull a scholarship if he played another pitch his senior season, *if healthy enough to play of course*, that would denture me from Marshall

(05-28-2022, 04:25 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(05-18-2022, 10:06 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Exactly how did Marshall come into the picture anyways? He committed to Kentucky a couple of years ago. His uncle pitched for Marshall. That play into it?

Not entirely sure
#BBFL