Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the teams throughout the 14th Region
Now that we are almost through the regular season, how do you rank the top 10 in the 14th region at this point??  I go as follows.

1. Perry Central
2. Hazard
3. Breathitt
4. Estill
5. Wolfe
6. Powell
7. Knott Central
8. Letcher Central
9. Leslie
10. Buckhorn
PCC-Hazard one won't be in the regional tournament. really opens it up for some other teams. Really hard to have to beat both of them in a short time frame. Whoever wins on May 16th will enter the region as the favorite thats for sure but you never know what can happen in a 1 game setting. Breathitt, Estill and Wolfe are all playing well right now. Knott and Letcher are hard to figure out.
(05-02-2022, 03:00 PM)baseballfan06 Wrote: Now that we are almost through the regular season, how do you rank the top 10 in the 14th region at this point??  I go as follows.

1. Perry Central
2. Hazard
3. Breathitt
4. Estill
5. Wolfe
6. Powell
7. Knott Central
8. Letcher Central
9. Leslie
10. Buckhorn

(05-03-2022, 12:51 AM)YutReds#1Fan Wrote: PCC-Hazard one won't be in the regional tournament. really opens it up for some other teams. Really hard to have to beat both of them in a short time frame. Whoever wins on May 16th will enter the region as the favorite thats for sure but you never know what can happen in a 1 game setting. Breathitt, Estill and Wolfe are all playing well right now. Knott and Letcher are hard to figure out.

1 PCC/Hazard 
2 Breathitt
3 Estill
4 Powell
5 Wolf

Interesting talk of possible changes in dates, locations coming out of District play after the 14th / 16th games for Region due too construction projects & limited parking in Jackson, graduation ceremony dates etc. Meeting on 11th or sooner to solve I hear.

2021 a bad hop in 7th sealed Estill fate vs Hazard in great championship battle in Irvine.   Estill can return, they have pitching in Forehand/ Flynn /Hix and young guns Chaney, J.Niece in bullpen can keep responding when called on. Team hitting  is solid at 326 behind Waddell, Brewer, Forehand and Niece. Corners got to make plays secure outs.
I cant see Powell being ahead of Wolfe. Wolfe beat them handily in the preseason and beat them again 14-4 last week. Wolfe has also played Estill close both times and played PCC to a 3-2 game. PCC put a hurting on Powell.
1. Perry
2. Hazard
3. Estill
4. Breathitt
5. LCC
6. Knott
7. Wolfe
8. Powell
Anyone else worth ranking?
(05-03-2022, 03:18 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: 1.  Perry
2.  Hazard
3.  Estill
4.  Breathitt
5.  LCC
6.  Knott
7.  Wolfe
8.  Powell
Anyone else worth ranking?
Not a chance on LCC and knott being ahead of Wolfe or Powell! Powell beat knott like a drum
Knott beat Wolfe n game against Powell knott killed their self with walks n errors. Knott is better than what they showed in Wolfe past weekend believe me. When their ace is pitching they can beat teams. Their ace n starting first baseman won’t play against Powell this weekend because they are on senior trip. Knott if I’m not mistaken face Powell best pitcher in nickel n they hit him hard. So don’t count knott out so fast.
Knott is not better than Wolfe, Wolfe played the worst game of the season against knott and still was up on them the majority of the game
If I remember about that game Knott didn’t played their best neither that game. Both teams played awful that night. Each team had 3 errors in game. So not like Knott was great that night neither. We find out when regionals are play who best team is on the field. When knott or letcher played bad on the field it’s other teams beating them like a drum but when knott or letcher wins other teams played their worst game of the year. Wolfe has a good team not taking nothing away from them just wished people give credit to letcher n knott also. Knott and Letcher don’t have hype like Hazard or Perry however rest of teams in regionals are not that much better than knott n Letcher. I have watched Estill, Powell, Breathitt, Wolfe, Knott and letcher an on a given night theses teams can beat or lose to any other team in regionals. One last thing from watching all of these teams I think Wolfe has the brightest future of all teams in regions for next 4 years.
Predicted District Champions
LCC
Hazard or PCC
Breathitt
Estill

Runner-up
Knott
Leslie
Wolfe
Powell

Whoever gets Leslie first should move on without throwing their 1,2,or 3 arms. Other three games each team will probably have to throw their ace, to move on. The draw will make a huge difference in who all moves on. Thank you KHSAA for making this a weaker tournament. Call yourself law of the land. What a joke
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Bluecat
How is it khsaa fault for making it a weaker tournament? Stop blaming khsaa for this crap. Teams in district that vote to draw not to seed. Plus I don’t blame Buckhorn and Leslie for not seeding. They don’t get transfers like Hazard and Perry do all the time. Khsaa got Hensley eligible so I guess that was khsaa fault also?
Perry has Perry Kids.
97% of Hazards are all Hazard kids.

Both them teams have worked their asses off only to have someone that hasn’t move on and play ahead of them in the region. It’s ridiculous. Only in this backward ass place do we still allow this stupidity to go on. Yes it’s the KHSAAs fault, the coaches don’t need to vote, enforce your power KHSAA. That’s what leaders do. It’s a NO BRAINER.

And Hensley has bettered himself. Should went to Hazard a long time ago.
The entire state should seed. You want the best playing each other in the end.
(05-06-2022, 10:11 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: The entire state should seed.  You want the best playing each other in the end.
Why not use the RPI like football when it comes to region? Maybe even state. It isn't 100% accurate but it is close enough to have a good tournament. Have the 2 district teams like now (no blind draw) and then seed the region and state tournament using the RPI.
Exactly Bluecat
(05-06-2022, 11:32 AM)Bluecat Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 10:11 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: The entire state should seed.  You want the best playing each other in the end.
Why not use the RPI like football when it comes to region? Maybe even state. It isn't 100% accurate but it is close enough to have a good tournament. Have the 2 district teams like now (no blind draw) and then seed the region and state tournament using the RPI.
Makes to much sense for the KHSAA to ever consider it.
upset of the year? Letcher Co Central over Pikeville,,,,,,,,,,,,wow
Letcher has a solid baseball team and anyone can be beat when they don’t hit.
What really opens the region up is Hazard/Perry playing first round of district. There are teams that can beat one of them on a given night, but beating both would be tough. With one of them getting knocked out Monday it could be a little more interesting.
Absolutely the dumbest thing the KHSAA could allow to happen. Everyone should seed. Probably should just have a Super Regional and do away with the silly district stuff. To many meaningless games.
What’s the deal at breathitt? Lot of people were high on them at the beginning of the season

Now the head coach has been suspended for some reason and last night there was a brawl between teammates in the dugout during the game. Can’t say I’m surprised, but things sure have gotten out of hand
I'm hearing Breathitt may not be hosting region now. Is this true or just gossip?
Probably move it to Morehead or somewhere knowing the coaches in this region. 2 hour journey for most teams. I’d hope it will be at Wolfe or Perry if Breathitt dont have it.

Breathitt boys just wanting to work on MMA skills. No big deal.
ALC best place to host regionals.
It’s an absolute shame that Hazard/Perry have to play each other in the first round. They really need to do away with that draw.
Are we ever going stop on it’s a shame that hazard n Perry had to play in first game of district. It’s over with and let’s move on. KHSAA will changed it so can we just move on with this topic
Nope. To each his own, I like my regular season district schedule to mean something instead of having luck of the draw decide who competes in the region. No wonder we’re the weakest region in the state. Gonna eliminate one of our best teams on the first day.
Hazard beat Leslie 19-2 in 4 innings last night, Hazard has now beaten Leslie by a combined 45-3 in 3 games this season. Perry beat Leslie 16-1 in 4 in the regular season. This year in baseball reminds me a lot of the 2004 54th district basketball tournament.
(05-18-2022, 06:07 AM)Radial_Armsaw Wrote: Nope. To each his own, I like my regular season district schedule to mean something instead of having luck of the draw decide who competes in the region. No wonder we’re the weakest region in the state. Gonna eliminate one of our best teams on the first day.

Heaven forbid Hazard or Perry not get some special treatment. As much recruiting that goes on up there good enough for them to have to play one another and one not go to region. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes baseballfan06's post:
  • BKBaseball
Yeah Perry sure recruits so many kids for baseball. God Forbid. Basketball has put a black eye on every program at Perry. God forbid the poor little weaklings don’t get everything handed to them at these small rural schools that can’t even help themselves: People leave these little schools because they suck and so does the coaching for the most part. Some exceptions though. Not gonna say all are bad. What serious player wouldn’t want you play for Coach Meehan? He’s the best in the area right now. Guy knows how to win.