Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell county
I mean what is it gonna take for them to move Falkner? Are they satisfied getting there heads beat in by smaller schools that don’t have the near the kids or the facility. That new principal will not allow this to go on..
Maybe the players and their parents should take a little incentive and start going and taking more BP and fielding practice with their kids at a younger age. Just maybe the high school kids if that community should join travel ball teams and gain some more experience. 1 man David Faulkner can not do simply everything. Powell countians live close to Lexington, Winchester, and Richmond. All kinds of instructional facility’s in that area with a lot of qualified instructors. Sometimes it’s just up to the kid and parents if they want player to get better. Got to put in the work, simple as that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bulldogs4Ever's post:
  • Bluecat, JC_Alum
Maybe they should look for another coach instead of letting a guy milk them for nothing. There is talent in Powell county but most leave
Sad times for Powell County sports. I agree I think Faulkner has had more than enough time to prove he still deserves to be the coach. And he hasn’t. Powell counties little leagues have fallen off a bit as well. No where close to Estills.
(04-21-2022, 11:57 PM)ThePowellPirate Wrote: Sad times for Powell County sports. I agree I think Faulkner has had more than enough time to prove he still deserves to be the coach. And he hasn’t. Powell counties little leagues have fallen off a bit as well. No where close to Estills.

(04-22-2022, 12:55 AM)Lowdown Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 11:57 PM)ThePowellPirate Wrote: Sad times for Powell County sports. I agree I think Faulkner has had more than enough time to prove he still deserves to be the coach. And he hasn’t. Powell counties little leagues have fallen off a bit as well. No where close to Estills.
I really like Faulkner, but I think his time has passed. I think he truly cares about the kids, and He’s been a poco pirate as long as anyone I know, but I’m concerned that he may need to give it up. Who knows, may need someone new. I agree with everyone’s comments. Those kids should play travel to get better.  Put in the work. But they’ve gotta have a coach that cares.  If I were the head coach, I would oversee the youth sports to make sure I was getting players continuously. Not sure if that’s being followed. Whatever happens, something has to give with the Pirates softball team.

I really like Faulkner, but I think his time has passed. I think he truly cares about the kids, and He’s been a poco pirate as long as anyone I know, but I’m concerned that he may need to give it up. Who knows, may need someone new. I agree with everyone’s comments. Those kids should play travel to get better.  Put in the work. But they’ve gotta have a coach that cares.  If I were the head coach, I would oversee the youth sports to make sure I was getting players continuously. Not sure if that’s being followed. Whatever happens, something has to give with the Pirates softball team.
I agree I believe he cares about the kids and the Powell sports programs overall. I like the guy too. I just think he’s time has passed
Talent pool has dried up
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Smokescreen