Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Loss in UK History???
Does this one take the cake???  

Ranked in the Top Ten , one of the tourney favorites, and you lay an egg to St. Peter's

Can you think of a worst loss?
I have said for more than a week how does a team that won 2 of 9 games against good teams!????

I meant to end how does 2-7 make us a good team!!!!
After one of the worst UK basketball seasons in schools history last year too
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • rookie57
Fire Calipari immediately.
GO MURRAY STATE!!!! Prove that you are the best team in the state.

Tonight was the biggest embarrassment since the loss to Middle Tennessee in the first round, I believe back in the early eighties.

(03-17-2022, 11:24 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Fire Calipari immediately.

Yeah, he's a terrible free throw shooter.

Seriously, though, who would be someone that would be better at this UK job. Only a select few guys could handle a job like this one. Who would you be happy to have as coach?
(03-17-2022, 11:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: GO MURRAY STATE!!!! Prove that you are the best team in the state.

Tonight was the biggest embarrassment since the loss to Middle Tennessee in the first round, I believe back in the early eighties.

Seriously, though, who would be someone that would be better at this UK job. Only a select few guys could handle a job like this one. Who would you be happy to have as coach?

If Kentucky did fire Cal they would have to be really careful who they hired as we could get another coach like Billy G. I agree with you that not many coaches can handle the UK job.
Couldn’t happen soon enough for me!
I agree not many can handle the UK job. Cal did not miss those free throw. UK also hard place to play since you are a super star way before you earn it…With all that said, program is in some trouble… some recruits may not come now.. and think about more than half the SEC teams compete and beat UK… very hard for UK to win the SEC….recruits that want to play on a good team on the SEC can choose from at lease 4 to 5 schools…. All so much harder now…,but we have to keep on keeping on?
Cal may have not missed those free throws, but he played brooks over toppin the whole last 10 minutes and elected not to call a timeout like always. It’s the same thing constantly, if someone can recall a game like this that kentucky wins i would love to remember the good ole days. Hate we can’t at least put him on the hot seat, he has our asses in his back pocket with that 70 mil buyout!

"... So where to now St. Peter
If it's true I'm in your hands
I may not be a Christian
But I've done all one man can
I understand I'm on the road
Where all that was is gone
So where to now St. Peter
Show me which road I'm on
Which road I'm on

I took myself a blue canoe."

---Elton John/Bernie Taupin

Saint Peter's ranks 317th in 2-point FG% (50.0% tonight), 286th in FT% (85.7% tonight) and 301st in 3PFG% (52.9 % tonight).
A team's poise under pressure and the effort that they put forth in big games is a reflection of coaching. Kentucky played poor defense and did not execute well under pressure. Can't Coach Calipari, the best paid college basketball on the face of the Earth, is not earning his keep and neither are the fools who are negotiating contacts at the University of Kentucky.

John Calipari is a mediocre coach and a great recruiter. This team was very talented, as were the teams that lost to Wisconsin and Robert Morris in two of the other worst losses in Kentucky basketball history.
(03-17-2022, 11:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: GO MURRAY STATE!!!!    Prove that you are the best team in the state.

Tonight was the biggest embarrassment since the loss to Middle Tennessee in the first round, I believe back in the  early eighties.

Going to disagree with you here. The buck stops with the coach. Either recruit better free throw shooters or shoot more of them in practice. But the point is, poor free throw shooting was just the tip of the iceberg that caused the loss to Saint Peters. It was a total systems failure. They didn't show up, or to put it another way the coach didn't have them ready to play. If coaching doesn't have an impact on winning or losing games let's save all the millions we pay Cal and just let a fan roll the ball out on the court to start the game.
We shot 90% free throws in the game; overtime we shot 14%.

We were totally uncomposed and the players that he substituted in was confusing to me. Cal said it was because the players didn't have any NCAA tournament experience. Well, how much did Saint Peters have?

Call needs to take accountability. Last year we didn't even make it to the NIT and this year we're beaten in the first round. Totally unacceptable to me.

Saint Peters deserved the win. They played their hearts out; that team was hungry and fought with everything they had.
Cal wrote a big apology letter to BBN fans saying don't blame the players, blame me. I hate to tell him I don't think a single person I knew pointed the finger harder at anyone other Cal himself. That man has been getting overshadowed by how well he recruited the one and dones that he never had to worry about game planning and having his teams prepared. Now that everyone is able to get players in the NBA without coming to a Blue Blood school there's one and dones playing with 3-4 year guys at schools with coaches that coach x's and o's he gets his doors blown off.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think it is. The Duke loss was the most gut-wrenching, but they were the better team, it was just that that UK team was so special to all of us. The Wisconsin loss was also gut-wrenching, because we were so close to maybe stamping ourselves as the greatest single season team in history. But, although they weren’t as good as us, they were still very good. The Robert Morris and Gardner-Webb losses were embarrassing, but the stage just wasn’t that big to make them the worst. This one, to a team where we were better at EVERY POSITION on the floor, a team we should beat 100 times in 100 games, takes the cake. I hope I never see another loss this bad.