Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaedon Sharpe Future?
Today John Calipari released a statement saying that the #1 player in the class of 2022 who had early enrolled this semester at Kentucky would not be playing for this years team.

"After talking with Shaedon and his parents, we want to end all of the speculation by again saying that he will not play for us this season.  He is committed to bettering himself and our team in practice this year and being better prepared to lead us next season."

The Kentucky staff long with Sharpe's camp have stood by the idea that the 6'5 guard would be returning to Kentucky next season to lead the 2022-2023 team.  With that being said, several NBA mock drafts have Sharpe projected as a lottery pick in the upcoming draft.  
When you look at the mock draft and see yourself as the 6-8 pick, why would you wanna go play college another year and risk falling. He would have the most upside out of anyone in the draft, and people on ESPN are claiming it as well. He is gone. He’s gonna get drafted by an Indiana, San Antonio or an Atlanta that has fallen out of the playoffs but still can compete, and he would love that rather than become the next member of the magic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • The Scoop
(02-07-2022, 03:53 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: When you look at the mock draft and see yourself as the 6-8 pick, why would you wanna go play college another year and risk falling. He would have the most upside out of anyone in the draft, and people on ESPN are claiming it as well. He is gone. He’s gonna get drafted by an Indiana, San Antonio or an Atlanta that has fallen out of the playoffs but still can compete, and he would love that rather than become the next member of the magic.
I agree 100%, I don't see how you could turn down being a top 10 pick.  It is way too risky to come back and risk your stock falling or even suffering an injury.  The only way I could see him coming back was with some crazy NIL shoe deal or something.  Cal has said several times in the past that he wouldn't let a kid stay if they were projected high..