Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owensboro Catholic 43 Pikeville 41 (All “A” Classic Semifinals)
Final from EKU. 

#7 Pikeville drops to 19-2 on the season. 

Their historic All “A” run ends in the Semis. 

A cold shooting performance put PHS in a hole that was too much to dig out of in the 4th. PHS trailed by 12 after 3, but battled back to take a couple brief leads. 

Congratulations to Owensboro Catholic. They will face Owen County in the title game.
Hate to see this. Really pull for mountain teams in these big tourneys. Thought for sure they’d win.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pikeville did something in this game that is a head scratcher to me. They had possession and holding the ball for what I thought would be a last second shot to win the game but for some reason with 20 seconds remaining they attempted a 3 from the corner and missed. Owensboro Catholic rebounded and just like that had the possession and advantage to hold for a last few seconds winning shot or get to the free throw line. Pikeville fouled, they hit two free throws, Pikeville misses on their end, time runs out and game over.
My question is why take that 3 point shot with 20 seconds left in the game instead of waiting for a shot with about 4 or 5 seconds on the clock, enough time for a possible rebound and put back. And why a 3. If you are going to attempt a shot with 20 seconds left at least make sure it’s a rim shot.
Listened to the 2nd half on the radio...I thought the Panthers were gonna battle back and get the big win but it wasn't meant to be today.

I thought they would win the tournament on the girls side but wrong as usual lol. This group of girls can still have a fantastic season!!
Even as weak as the All A is, and make no bones about it, its weak, Pikeville cannot win this one. Tried to tell you all.
Not prepared for this game. Rotation made no sense at all!
Pikeville led for .26 seconds the entire game. OC biggest lead was 12 in the third quarter. Pikeville will just a little pressure turned the ball over too many times also. Rowe and Whited 9 between themselves under minimal pressure. Pikeville barely broke 20 percent from the 3 ball today. Thornsburry the lone bright spot today for Pikeville. I guess its time to regroup or maybe find another couple players.
19-2, REGROUP!!!!!!!!
(01-29-2022, 07:51 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: Pikeville led for .26 seconds the entire game. OC biggest lead was 12 in the third quarter. Pikeville will just a little pressure turned the ball over too many times also. Rowe and Whited 9 between themselves under minimal pressure. Pikeville barely broke 20 percent from the 3 ball today. Thornsburry the lone bright spot today for Pikeville. I guess its time to regroup or maybe find another couple players.
No way Thornsbury plays that limited amount of minutes.
(01-29-2022, 05:56 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: Even as weak as the All A is, and make no bones about it, its weak, Pikeville cannot win this one. Tried to tell you all.
I don’t know how overall weak it is but I believe Pikeville and Owensboro Catholic are both rated number 1 in their regions and favored to make the KHSAA Sweet 16. Knott County Central is also considered a favorite to win their region. I’m sure in the KHSAA state tournaments there will be better regions with much bigger enrollments than the 3 mentioned but those 2 teams that played today are very talented teams.
Why wasn't a timeout called and the ball put in thornsbury hands with time winding down? Why?
[-] The following 2 users Like Warriorhawk17's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER, The Ugly Truth
Nice run Pikeville. They will be better in a few weeks.
(01-30-2022, 12:34 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Why wasn't a timeout called and the ball put in thornsbury hands with time winding down?  Why?

Thats a great question.......clearly you want to get your best player the ball with the game on the line.

(01-29-2022, 08:43 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 07:51 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: Pikeville led for .26 seconds the entire game. OC biggest lead was 12 in the third quarter. Pikeville will just a little pressure turned the ball over too many times also. Rowe and Whited 9 between themselves under minimal pressure. Pikeville barely broke 20 percent from the 3 ball today. Thornsburry the lone bright spot today for Pikeville. I guess its time to regroup or maybe find another couple players.
No way Thornsbury plays that limited amount of minutes.

Played 22 minutes. Best player got to play more if Pikeville gonna have a shot at going to state.
The best player took the last shot and everybody knows it except the whiners. But keep the tears coming, the more the better.
I know absolutely nothing about girls basketball and have no desire to change that but who cares who the best player is...both are great players and will own the 15th region the next 3 years like they have the past 3 years.
(01-30-2022, 10:26 AM)PHSFAN Wrote: I know absolutely nothing about girls basketball and have no desire to change that but who cares who the best player is...both are great players and will own the 15th region the next 3 years like they have the past 3 years.
I agree! Nobody should care who the better player is. They will be fun to watch for two more years!
(01-30-2022, 02:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote: The best player took the last shot and everybody knows it except the whiners. But keep the tears coming, the more the better.

Nobody is whining, just stating some facts that you cannot deny. Others see this too. Cheater.
(01-30-2022, 11:17 AM)KingCommodore Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 02:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote: The best player took the last shot and everybody knows it except the whiners. But keep the tears coming, the more the better.

Nobody is whining, just stating some facts that you cannot deny. Others see this too. Cheater.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sorry I mispoke JetPilot. Losing cheater is what I meant to say.....
^^^You probably couldn't see your keyboard for all the tears in your eyes.
Liar + crybaby = straight-up loser

PS: Boys just won All-A state championship. You should get a good night's rest after crying yourself to sleep.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do the boys recruit from Belfry too?
Look everyone in this thread knows the All A is weak compared to the sweet 16, thats why a all a team has trouble when the get to the big dance.

Now its a fact that Pikeville recruits. I mean you cant deny what you can see. So we all need to be upfront here and admit this is happening. I can see it from my office and I dont even care( well I care cause its not good for the kids and area where it makes our area look bad).
(02-01-2022, 05:28 PM)Dean of Dorton Wrote: Look everyone in this thread knows the All A is weak compared to the sweet 16, thats why a all a team has trouble when the get to the big dance.

Now its a fact that Pikeville recruits. I mean you cant deny what you can see. So we all need to be upfront here and admit this is happening. I can see it from my office and I dont even care( well I care cause its not good for the kids and area where it makes our area look bad).
I’m shocked that the “Dean of Dorton” feels this way. I actually think half the people on this message board goes to bed every night plotting the destruction of their enemies. I can tell you 100% that Pikeville is not out actively recruiting kids, they win and kids want to be a part of it. Seen it for 25 years.
(02-01-2022, 05:59 PM)Hambley Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 05:28 PM)Dean of Dorton Wrote: Look everyone in this thread knows the All A is weak compared to the sweet 16, thats why a all a team has trouble when the get to the big dance.

I’m shocked that the “Dean of Dorton” feels this way. I actually think half the people on this message board goes to bed every night plotting the destruction of their enemies. I can tell you 100% that Pikeville is not out actively recruiting kids, they win and kids want to be a part of it. Seen it for 25 years.
I can 1000000000% confirm you are wrong my friend.
(02-01-2022, 08:28 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 05:59 PM)Hambley Wrote:

I can 1000000000% confirm you are wrong my friend.
Says the Belfry guy who has an insurmountable lead over the entire planet in kids transferring in....and nobody going there for an edumacation

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liar.

"I can see it from my office and I don't even care" LIE
"Makes our area look bad" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pikeville High School is the crown jewel of the mountains in ACADEMICS and ATHLETICS and is one of the few things we have that makes our area look GOOD.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH GAHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another night of crying yourself to sleep and then waking up tomorrow and crying all day again.
I dont think anyone is crying. I mean you stepped out of the mountains and got spanked by a second rate team thats not even a top tier team with your recruits. I actually think most people laugh......
(02-01-2022, 11:25 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: I dont think anyone is crying. I mean you stepped out of the mountains and got spanked by a second rate team thats not even a top tier team with your recruits. I actually think most people laugh......
WAAAA!!!!!!!
Jetson looks like Pikeville is being accused unjustly over on the boy's forum too. :) Crooks. Cheaters. Teaching the kids bad morals. Do you condone this? Please answer that.