Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 85 Prestonsburg 50
Betsy Layne gets the win at home.
It’s going to take Coach Huff a few more seasons to develop talent. I don’t know what they have in the middle school programs but it seems the basketball side of athletics is still trying to survive all the transfers to other counties.

With BL does anyone have any news on Kidd? Looks like he sat out again tonight.
Betsy Layne played lights out. When they’re clicking on all cylinders they’re just as good as Pikeville, in my opinion.

I think you’re seeing kids step up and show potential for Prestonsburg. Last night we seen it with freshman Kaden Allen. I think him, Lawson and Slone are emerging as the 3 best players on the team and Allen and Slone are freshman. Pburg will be more competitive as the younger guys develop over the next year or two. Hopefully they can hold on to Casey Huff and Thacker. Would like to see those guys grow as coaches with the program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Westside
(01-22-2022, 11:16 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Betsy Layne played lights out. When they’re clicking on all cylinders they’re just as good as Pikeville, in my opinion.

I think you’re seeing kids step up and show potential for Prestonsburg. Last night we seen it with freshman Kaden Allen. I think him, Lawson and Slone are emerging as the 3 best players on the team and Allen and Slone are freshman. Pburg will be more competitive as the younger guys develop over the next year or two. Hopefully they can hold on to Casey Huff and Thacker. Would like to see those guys grow as coaches with the program.
Let’s pump the breaks on them being as good as Pikeville.  Pikeville beat them fully healthy by 16 and in the All A by 12.  They go on the road against Knott County with 14th Region officials.  They only played maybe a hand full of games without 15th region officials and this one could be their last until the Region tournament. I believe the 15th region tournament this year gets 13th Region officials.   

As far as PBurg they have a long way to go and I do hope they give Coach Huff the time it will take the develop the talent.
(01-22-2022, 11:34 AM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 11:16 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Betsy Layne played lights out. When they’re clicking on all cylinders they’re just as good as Pikeville, in my opinion.

Let’s pump the breaks on them being as good as Pikeville.  Pikeville beat them fully healthy by 16 and in the All A by 12.  They go on the road against Knott County with 14th Region officials.  They only played maybe a hand full of games without 15th region officials and this one could be their last until the Region tournament. I believe the 15th region tournament this year gets 13th Region officials.   

As far as PBurg they have a long way to go and I do hope they give Coach Huff the time it will take the develop the talent.

Betsy Layne was without Brady Robinson that game cause he got two technicals in the Paintsville game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-22-2022, 12:02 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Betsy Layne was without Brady Robinson that game cause he got two technicals in the Paintsville game.
The first game he played and the lost by 16.  Was down 26 until Newsome pulled starters and Justice did as well.   One of the above posters had to bring Pikeville into the conversation. Hard to say they are as good as them when they haven’t even come within double digits yet.
(01-22-2022, 12:13 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:

The first game he played and the lost by 16.  Was down 26 until Newsome pulled starters and Justice did as well.   One of the above posters had to bring Pikeville into the conversation. Hard to say they are as good as them when they haven’t even come within double digits yet.

I agree with you we aren’t better than Pikeville right now but I think we have a chance come region time.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Grinch1

I remember when Kaden's Dad Justin played for Prestonsburg. He was really talented though the injury bug seemed to bite him. It looks like Kaden has that love of the game Justin had and looks like Justin's talent has been passed down to him. I look for him to be one of the 15th Region's best players in a few years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes clipperw's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(01-22-2022, 12:42 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 12:13 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:

I agree with you we aren’t better than Pikeville right now but I think we have a chance come region time.
Right now I think 3 teams have a shot at taking down Pikeville.  Lawrence, JC and BL.  Anyone can lose 1 game.   The region should be fun
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Spud6