Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 66 Breathitt County 65
Huge district win for wolfe. Wilgus Tolson wins it at the free throw line with one second left, Austin Sperry’s half court heave just missed.
Nice win for Wolfe!!
Tough loss for Breathitt going into the All A.
Congratulations to Wolfe.
Very hard fought game from both teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Huck Fin's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(01-21-2022, 10:53 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: Huge district win for wolfe. Wilgus Tolson wins it at the free throw line with one second left, Austin Sperry’s half court heave just missed.
Great Win for Wolfe!
Hard fought game from the tip. Breathitt fought foul trouble the entire game. Hoskins played extremely well, not sure if he missed more then 2 shots tonight. Ritchie for wolfe played much better then the first meeting.
Tolson once again put on a great performance avoiding his 5th foul after picking up #4 late in the third. Looking forward to the rubber match!
(01-21-2022, 11:29 PM)NikeFruit Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 10:53 PM)pocoboy18 Wrote: Huge district win for wolfe. Wilgus Tolson wins it at the free throw line with one second left, Austin Sperry’s half court heave just missed.
Great Win for Wolfe!
Both teams are horrible.  It’s just barn yard ball no structure at all.  Breathitt don’t even try to get Turner and Collins involved.  Just jack up the threes  All the press did was free up Wolfe shooters.  How this guy was ever considered an elite coach is beyond me!!
Why don’t you go ask him that Wannacat. I’m sure he doesn’t go around acting like he’s Elite. Noble works hard at what he does. Like I said Coach Cal would have a hard time coaching at Breathitt. Bobcats still have the region at their house and there’s plenty more games left. I wouldn’t throw in the towel just yet.

How many current 14th Region coaches have a State Championship on their resume? NONE
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Turnover
WannaCat, its really easy to Coach from the cheap seats. I’m sure you have an undefeated record coaching from the bleachers. Coach Noble and Coach Creech are 2 of the most respected coaches in the region. One big reason Collins and Turner didn’t see a lot of touches in the paint is because Hoskins was being so successful and you don’t want to clog everything up. Another reason was both struggled with foul trouble for a large portion of the game. This game was a really good game, the test for Wolfe County now is to be able to bring this same type of mentality against Perry Central in the regional tournament. Breathitt has to find a way to be able take advantage of their athleticism on the O-boards. They have to find more extra possessions.
It’s great to see Richie playing really good basketball. The W. Tolson/Richie two man game is getting better and better. Richie played like one of the best big men in the region tonight. If there was a 14th Region Player of the year on the court in Wolfe County, my opinion it had to be Wilgus Tolson. Both Breathitt and Wolfe are really good teams with tons of talent and both have a shot at winning region.
Very bad loss for Breathitt!!! Breathitt kids don’t hate losing and they don’t realize that they’re Wolfe’s Super Bowl. Breathitt is 20 points better than Wolfe but they slept walked through the whole game.

Breathitt also thinks any shot is a good shot. Those shots taken in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game were awful. HEY THERE IS A REASON YOU’RE OPEN!!! Breathitt county remains the most undisciplined team in the region and they play zero defense. They making kids look like MJ every game they play
(01-22-2022, 10:32 AM)Blue Lips Wrote: Very bad loss for Breathitt!!! Breathitt kids don’t hate losing and they don’t realize that they’re Wolfe’s Super Bowl. Breathitt is 20 points better than Wolfe but they slept walked through the whole game.

Breathitt also thinks any shot is a good shot. Those shots taken in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game were awful. HEY THERE IS A REASON YOU’RE OPEN!!! Breathitt county remains the most undisciplined team in the region and they play zero defense. They making kids look like MJ every game they play

Hard to make a case for Breathitt to be 20 points better than Wolfe.
They've played twice and its been a 1 possession game both times.
Now,one could say based on talent and potential that Breathitt is 20 points better but talent and potential will only get you so far.
Yes I can agree with that but the talent Breathitt has compared to Wolfe is undeniable. Breathitt has underachieved all season long and it’s because of defense, shot selection and turnovers.
Breathitt had lost 2 games all season coming into last night. Hard to say they’ve underachieved all year. Lol when Wolfe hits shots they are really good, the problem for Wolfe is playing against teams that try to bully them which is what Perry did to them. They have to find that same mentality they played last night during those type of games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Some of these comments are comical.

Wannacat, Breathitt and Wolfe are 28-9 combined this year. With Breathitt winning the all a region. So both teams are not horrible. ?

And to say that Breathitt is 20 points better than Wolfe is comical too. Why would that statement be true? The last 7 games that have been played between Wolfe and Breathitt, Wolfe has won 6 of those. 6 of the last 7 games. And 4 of the kids that started for Wolfe last night have started in those last 7 games.
People forget Wolfe lost to Hazard in overtime in the Finals of region 2 years ago. And 4 of their starters that started in that game are still starting now. Stop acting like this game was an upset.
Wolfe and Breathitt are the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the region. In no particular order but they are 2,3.

I don’t know if either can beat Perry, but stop acting like they are both terrible.
Perry is beatable guys. Remember a team called Harlan County. Teams have bad nights. Hope Perry doesn’t but I wouldn’t be shocked if they did, especially at Breathitt and how some of our great officials lean toward certain teams in certain times. I say some dumb things sometimes but I know none of the coaches in this region walk around like they are elite or gods gift to basketball. They do the best they can with what talent they have available.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Turnover
I just don’t think Wolfe is any good. Stop Wilgus Tolson which isn’t hard to do and they’re done. I’m pretty sure Noble not showing his hand yet. I predict a 20 point beat down by the Bobcats in the district
Blue lips if you got paid for thinkIng you starve to death.hahahaa
It's real simple, Breathitt has no structure, offensively or defensively. I think John Noble is an excellent guy and a solid coach, but it's apparent the bobcats play wreck less and out of control. During the Wolfe game, there were too many times where guys were wide open under the basket, or on the three point line, especially late in the game. Offensively, they have to get Turner and Collins more involved. These two are the best athletes in the region and I don't understand why Collins doesn't play more down on the block, with his back to the basket. Breathitt is the most talented team in the region, but I'm afraid if things don't get ironed out, it very well could be wasted. Hopefully, they bounce back from the past couple of games and make a run at the "ALL A". Good luck Bobcats!
(01-24-2022, 08:50 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: It's real simple, Breathitt has no structure, offensively or defensively. I think John Noble is an excellent guy and a solid coach, but it's apparent the bobcats play wreck less and out of control. During the Wolfe game, there were too many times where guys were wide open under the basket, or on the three point line, especially late in the game. Offensively, they have to get Turner and Collins more involved. These two are the best athletes in the region and I don't understand why Collins doesn't play more down on thblock, with his back to the basket. Breathitt is the most talented team in the region, but I'm afraid if things don't get ironed out, it very well could be wasted. Hopefully, they bounce back from the past couple of games and make a run at the "ALL A". Good luck Bobcats!
Very well stated.  I could not agree more, except for the solid coach part.  It’s not just this year,  it’s been like this his whole tenure.I have never seen this much raw talent on a Breathitt squad.  They should be competing on a state wide elite level, not struggling to beat weak teams like Leslie and Wolfe.  Yea, on given nights there going to look like world beaters because of the talent level.  Turner and Collins just disappear in games. Turner seems disinterested.  I think he has to have the ball in his hands more.  Pick one roll with Collins.  I don’t know.  They just look like a bunch playing without a coach. Look at his overall record at Bhs.  It’s horrible and biggest part of the wins are against teams like jcs, riverside, homeschools, owsley, lee, pairist,  etc etc.
Sometimes the best athletes don’t always win, the best basketball players usually do. Same goes with just about any sport. I will take an average kid with hard work ethic and High sport IQ any day of the week. Just not a lot of really athletic kids in this area that have the IQ and athleticism combined. Probably why a lot of kids here don’t play at the next level. I feel like Perry has the most athletic along with the best basketball players this season. Next year may be Breathitts year but who knows.
Breathitt has got to play defense. Wilgus has scored 67 points in the two games against Breathitt. You have to got to change something. Austin Sperry cannot guard him and that is no feat to him as not many people cannot guard him. But change something up. Breathitt has got to start playing defense or they are going to struggle the second half of the season. They have the most talent in the region and it is not even close. Wolfe plays a lot harder than almost any team in the region. Breathitt has got to match the intensity. It will be a fun postseason.
If Wolfe County starters would have faith that Tolson can create open shots for them, instead of trying to make their own and end trying do to much, Wolfe could beat any team, including PCC. Tolson is by far the best playmaker in the region. He can make everyone on the Wolves team better.
Wolfe dribbles the ball way too much now need to pass it the ball You wanting Tolson to do it all Wolfeman Too much showboating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Turnover's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(01-24-2022, 03:20 PM)Turnover Wrote: Wolfe dribbles the ball way too much now need to pass it the ball You wanting Tolson to do it all Wolfeman Too much showboating.
He shows up for Breathitt games no doubt,  but other than that ,  I think he hurts the team.  Not too mention,  he’s older than most the guys in the G league
(01-24-2022, 05:08 PM)wannacat Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 03:20 PM)Turnover Wrote: Wolfe dribbles the ball way too much now need to pass it the ball You wanting Tolson to do it all Wolfeman Too much showboating.
He shows up for Breathitt games no doubt,  but other than that ,  I think he hurts the team.  Not too mention,  he’s older than most the guys in the G league
I believe Tolson is only 18 and was never held back until this year. I’d love to know how he hurts the team when he averages 7 assist a games, 7 rebounds, 3 steals and shoots 85% from the line. He gives 100% on both sides of the ball. Hate on Tolson all you want, but stats don’t lie.
(01-24-2022, 05:45 PM)Wolfeman Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 05:08 PM)wannacat Wrote:
I believe Tolson is only 18 and was never held back until this year. I’d love to know how he hurts the team when he averages 7 assist a games, 7 rebounds, 3 steals and shoots 85% from the line. He gives 100% on both sides of the ball. Hate on Tolson all you want, but stats don’t lie.
Turnovers, shooting percentage, shot selection, negate all those states you listed.
If you watched the game you would have seen the Coach Noble tried to guard Tolson with Turner which was a big part in Turner getting in foul trouble. Tolson is too fast for Turner, Breathitt doesn’t have anyone that can guard Tolson straight man to man. Just like Wolfe doesn’t have anyone that can guard Collins man to man if he wanted to play on the block. That’s just it though Collins doesn’t want to play inside. He wants to be a guard and goes quarters without getting a offensive rebound. If you are 6-8 in the 14th region you can’t get 1 or 2 offensive rebounds a game and be considered a great player. He refuses to play physical, and any time teams play rough with him he disappears.
(01-24-2022, 08:27 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: If you watched the game you would have seen the Coach Noble tried to guard Tolson with Turner which was a big part in Turner getting in foul trouble. Tolson is too fast for Turner, Breathitt doesn’t have anyone that can guard Tolson straight man to man. Just like Wolfe doesn’t have anyone that can guard Collins man to man if he wanted to play on the block. That’s just it though Collins doesn’t want to play inside. He wants to be a guard and goes quarters without getting a offensive rebound. If you are 6-8 in the 14th region you can’t get 1 or 2 offensive rebounds a game and be considered a great player. He refuses to play physical, and any time teams play rough with him he disappears.
Zone?  Coaching?
Breathitt played zone also at different times in the game. Collins was on the front of it. No one that watched Coach Noble’s teams at Buckhorn play can ever say he doesn’t get the most out of kids, I think the biggest difference is the kids at Buckhorn bought into playing their hearts out and being tougher and for the most part the kids at Breathitt don’t have that mentality. Personally I think that’s a kid by kid issue that coaches can’t teach. A kid has to decide on a personal level if he is willing to play hard on defense.
I don't understand why people expect a 6ft.8 player to rebound when he has to guard a 5 ft 7 guy around the perimeter and the smallest player they starting is 6ft 3 or 4.Then he. ends up in foul trouble That's what I call waste.