Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 58 Corbin 49 (Game Postponed with 4:01 Left in 4th Quarter)
Due to water leaking on the  floor .   Hounds might as well build an ark and head for high ground because it looks like loss number 11 in a row to South is all but inevitable.   No date has been set yet for resumption of the game.
11 in a row, ouch.
(01-20-2022, 06:30 AM)Fan of many Wrote: 11 in a row, ouch.

Doesn't matter at this point whether these two play in London, Corbin, or at the Big Bone Baptist Church gym(in Union, KY , btw) , the result is gonna be the same --- a South victory. Play in the Sahara desert, the plains of the Serengeti , the Amazon Rainforest or the Arctic tundra,  South will come out on top apparently.  You've got to think his losing streak to Jeff Davis is in Tony's head a bit by now.

The last time Corbin beat South:

** Trump was barely one year into his presidency

** "God's Plan" by Drake was the #1 song on Billboard

** "A Wrinkle in Time" and "I Can Only Imagine" were showing at the box office

** "Roseanne" still reigned supreme on television

** The Philadelphia Eagles were Superbowl champs.
Surely if the game makes it to the 4th quarter it’s considered a full game no?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-20-2022, 12:15 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Surely if the game makes it to the 4th quarter it’s considered a full game no?

Hard to imagine that South will travel back down to Gillium Gym for four minutes. Who knows?
Corbin pulls out all the stops
I’m sure south will travel for however many minutes it takes to beat corbin

I can’t believe Corbin has lost that many games in a row to south
(01-20-2022, 05:56 PM)Fan of many Wrote: I’m sure south will travel for however many minutes it takes to beat corbin

I can’t believe Corbin has lost that many games in a row to south

Every time I mention it to someone they are in disbelief. I saw the last Corbin win. It was in the regional final at the Arena in 2018. And quite frankly, South should have won that one. They led most of the game(by as many as 10 or 12 at one point) but gave up the lead late and lost in OT.   Corbin hasn't tasted victory against Jeff Davis since.  Corbin hosts the district this year. It will be interesting to see if the streak comes to an end in the District championship at Corbin's house(assuming there's not another water leak).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 606CATS
The Corbin-South game will resume on Saturday at noon. Anyone want to come down to Corbin for 4:01 of basketball action?
(01-20-2022, 05:38 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Corbin pulls out all the stops

** stoppers
What was the final outcome of this game?
(01-28-2022, 01:02 PM)jamesclay Wrote: What was the final outcome of this game?
Corbin closed the gap in those four minutes but lost  70-65.
(01-28-2022, 02:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 01:02 PM)jamesclay Wrote: What was the final outcome of this game?
Corbin closed the gap in those four minutes but lost  70-65.

South was up 70-60 with well under a minute to go.  Corbin scored and stole in bounds pass and hit a 3 at buzzer to make the final margin.