Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second tier in 14th?
It’s clear to me that Perry and Breathitt are 1 and 2.  But now that things have settled in with players recovering from
Injuries, and players getting injured.  What’s your thoughts on the second tier? Who has the best chance of pulling a upset in the region? 

Cordia
Knott
Hazard
Wolfe. 

That’s my picks in order..
I really don’t think any of those teams have much of a chance. Losing Ford really hurt Hazard. Not sure Tolson can handle any of the two by himself. Knott could play almost perfect and have shot. Cordia is just to wild. Maybe if they have an actual game plan they may pull out a win.
(01-19-2022, 04:16 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I really don’t think any of those teams have much of a chance.  Losing Ford really hurt Hazard.  Not sure Tolson can handle any of the two by himself.  Knott could play almost perfect and have shot.  Cordia is just to wild.  Maybe if they have an actual game plan they may pull out a win.
I agree with this for the most part , I think if Knott can ever get healthy and play to their potential, they could at least put a scare in those upper teams
I can agree with those 4 as the 2nd tier, maybe not that same order though. Those 4 teams could pull off an upset on the top 2 if they play their best and Breathitt or Perry had an off night. It would be hard for them to pull out 3 wins in a row in the regional tournament and go to state I think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes griffman's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(01-19-2022, 04:16 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I really don’t think any of those teams have much of a chance.  Losing Ford really hurt Hazard.  Not sure Tolson can handle any of the two by himself.  Knott could play almost perfect and have shot.  Cordia is just to wild.  Maybe if they have an actual game plan they may pull out a win.
This is a pretty good summation. All four teams have the ability to upset the top two teams but they would have to play one of their better games for the season to do it. 

If they play up to their potential it’s basically a two horse race between Breathitt County and Perry County Central. 

This could possibly be one of those years where one of the top two teams in the region doesn’t end up as region winner or runner-up due to the regional bracket draw. That is, the championship game could be in the semifinals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion

Jon, why are you throwing off on a game plan? Everyone knows you never have anything good to say about Cordia. Move on and just don’t mention them period. Perry is by far best. Breathitt isn’t in the same class, they are to unpredictable. They only beat Hazard by 3. Leslie almost beat them in wymt. Cordia is the only one who has been close to them in this region. Tolson is to out of control and wild driving into 3 or 4 players instead of passing off. Perry will win. 

(01-19-2022, 10:55 PM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote:

Jon, why are you throwing off on a game plan? Everyone knows you never have anything good to say about Cordia. Move on and just don’t mention them period. Perry is by far best. Breathitt isn’t in the same class, they are to unpredictable. They only beat Hazard by 3. Leslie almost beat them in wymt. Cordia is the only one who has been close to them in this region. Tolson is to out of control and wild driving into 3 or 4 players instead of passing off. Perry will win. 

wolfe by 3 *

(01-19-2022, 05:49 PM)griffman Wrote: I can agree with those 4 as the 2nd tier, maybe not that same order though. Those 4 teams could pull off an upset on the top 2 if they play their best and Breathitt or Perry had an off night. It would be hard for them to pull out 3 wins in a row in the regional tournament and go to state I think.

Agree
Only the top 4 in the region have winning records.
I honestly don’t have a problem in the world with Cordia. If they would play as a team and be more coachable, they could win the region. I don’t really think that’s asking to much do you? If the Lions win the region, I won’t shed a tear. Good luck to them and Coach Farler.
If Perry stays healthy, they won’t lose a game to a 14th region team this season.
I think it is between two-three teams. Perry, Breathitt, and Wolfe. Hazard had a chance but losing Ford really hurt those chances. I think for the most part it is between Perry and Breathitt. Wolfe can beat anyone in any giving night if Wilgus can have a big night. The region tournament will be fun to watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bobkitty's post:
  • Wolfeman
[Image:

]
Bolz Big Bizness is a freaking genius and got a wild card up his sleeves baby! Everybody playing checkers and King playing chess! Wowza! What you bruthas dont understand is this the Kings region! #upsetinthemaking  More mash taters please!!!