Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perry central
After watching them handle Wolfe county, I am on board!  Perry central is the team to beat in the 14th!! When they play their best , no one can touch them in this region, sorry Breathitt..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Show-stopper's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
I also agree. I do not know how Breathitt is ranked higher in the region. I also got the news that Breathitt canceled this upcoming week against PCC. Interesting...
Probably because of the All A.
(01-19-2022, 11:41 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Probably because of the All A.
They were supposed to play Monday or Tuesday. BHS don't play in All A till late Thursday. But again, that is very reasonable.
(01-19-2022, 11:09 AM)Show-stopper Wrote: After watching them handle Wolfe county, I am on board!  Perry central is the team to beat in the 14th!! When they play their best , no one can touch them in this region, sorry Breathitt..

I agree that Perry is the best team in the 14th.  They have all the pieces.  Most importantly, they defend very well.  In regards to Wolfe, IMO they are very difficult to watch.  They have no discipline whatsoever.  The coach seems to have no control or doesn't care.  Wilgus Tolson is out of control on the court.  Against Perry, the Ritchie kid was a no show.  He didn't come to battle and played in the shadows.  It's almost like watching Cordia play to some degree.  If Wolfe ever wants to be a contender, the coach has to put in a system to ensure the players value the ball or sit the bench.  He has to run some sets instead of trying to dribble through double teams and throwing erratic passes.  Ritchie has to step up in big games and has to be a focal point.  If not, they will not have a shot against Perry in the regional tournament.
(01-19-2022, 12:38 PM)The Weatherman Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 11:09 AM)Show-stopper Wrote: After watching them handle Wolfe county, I am on board!  Perry central is the team to beat in the 14th!! When they play their best , no one can touch them in this region, sorry Breathitt..

I agree that Perry is the best team in the 14th.  They have all the pieces.  Most importantly, they defend very well.  In regards to Wolfe, IMO they are very difficult to watch.  They have no discipline whatsoever.  The coach seems to have no control or doesn't care.  Wilgus Tolson is out of control on the court.  Against Perry, the Ritchie kid was a no show.  He didn't come to battle and played in the shadows.  It's almost like watching Cordia play to some degree.  If Wolfe ever wants to be a contender, the coach has to put in a system to ensure the players value the ball or sit the bench.  He has to run some sets instead of trying to dribble through double teams and throwing erratic passes.  Ritchie has to step up in big games and has to be a focal point.  If not, they will not have a shot against Perry in the regional tournament.
Same with Breathitt.  Two horrible coaches.
(01-19-2022, 11:38 AM)bobkitty Wrote: I also agree. I do not know how Breathitt is ranked higher in the region. I also got the news that Breathitt canceled this upcoming week against PCC. Interesting...
There is nothing interesting about it. They rescheduled the game for February the 15th due to the All A this week. 
Breathitt is the only team that can contend with Perry. Breathitt has the size to bother Perry. Can’t wait to see the final battle in the region championship.
(01-19-2022, 11:38 AM)bobkitty Wrote: I also agree. I do not know how Breathitt is ranked higher in the region. I also got the news that Breathitt canceled this upcoming week against PCC. Interesting...

Really? That doesn’t surprise me though. To much pressure for John after just winning the All A. I don’t understand. If I was a coach, I would want to play the better teams to make our team better. Seems to many coaches are worried how “they” will look or their wins and losses count to take the risk of playing a team that could possibly beat them. I had rather lose every game in the season and win the championship as to win all or most games in the season and lose come tournament time. Different priorities to different people. Perry is the most consistent team in the 14th region, they share the ball good and they play as “we” and not “I”. Their vision is clear and their goals are set.
No discipline at Wolfe Co.First shot of the game a 25 ft hell Mary nothing said not any fun at all to watch just about turn you agaist basketball .Nobody can he aggressive playing barnyard Every who gets the ball tries to shoot it
(01-19-2022, 02:00 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
There is nothing interesting about it. They rescheduled the game for February the 15th due to the All A this week. 

Sperry is hurt and heard Covid was an issue as well.