Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 59 Shelby Valley 40
#8 Pikeville improves to 16-1 on the year & takes Round 2 from SV. 

Z. Johnson DNP for SV. 

Kyera Thornsbury scores 12 in her debut in the Maroon & White. All from downtown.
Congrats to the girls. Special season, keep working hard.
Unless something catastrophic happens the 15th region belongs to the lady Panthers. Talented and well coached. Now you have Thornsbury eligible you just poured gas on a fire. I don’t see how anyone can say different.
If Rowe from Valley decides to score about 40 plus vs Pikeville, Valley will have a chance. If she sets back and doesn’t try to score much it will be another panther Win.
Good luck to the rest of the 15th with Thornsberry eligible.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
For SV to beat Pikeville they are gonna need an extraordinary night from Elswick and Rowe and hope the Panthers have an off shooting night. What makes it hard is I dont think the Wildcats can go man to man on Pikeville and the Panthers can just shoot their way out of zone defenses. A team might try and run a gimmick defense like a triangle and 2 just to try and shut down two players but the panthers are deep. Definitely gonna be a hard out for any team in the state not just the 15th region now that they got Thornbury to. Mismatches all over the floor.
Valley has a good chance. Rowe knows how to win big games.
(01-19-2022, 07:24 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Valley has a good chance.  Rowe knows how to win big games.
The problem you have then is pikeville has by far the best coach in the 15th in Kristy Orem and Pikeville has arguably 2 of the best closers in the 15th in Rowe & Thornsbury.
How many of Pikeville's top players are underclassmen? I know Trinity Rowe is a sophomore and think I read where Thornsbury was a sophomore also. I know they have several good players and this group of girls are very fun to watch.

I've been following Pikeville sports for 3 decades and besides the past few years with Orem at the helm I can't remember too many times they were even top 5 in the region and it appears with the mixture of talent and youth they currently have they may be taking their program to the next level.

Props to Coach Orem and her staff...I can't wait too see how their season plays out.
(01-19-2022, 09:46 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: How many of Pikeville's top players are underclassmen?  I know Trinity Rowe is a sophomore and think I read where Thornsbury was a sophomore also.  I know they have several good players and this group of girls are very fun to watch.

I've been following Pikeville sports for 3 decades and besides the past few years with Orem at the helm I can't remember too many times they were even top 5 in the region and it appears with the mixture of talent and youth they currently have they may be taking their program to the next level.

Props to Coach Orem and her staff...I can't wait too see how their season plays out.
Out of the main rotation:

Freshman:

Leighan Jackson

Sophomores:

Kylie Grace Hall
Rylee Theiss
Kyera Thornsbury
Trinity Rowe
Kristen Whited

Seniors:

Kylie M. Hall
Emma Ratliff
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • PHSFAN
Is this a Pikeville team that can cut down the nets at Rupp?
(01-20-2022, 01:23 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Is this a Pikeville team that can cut down the nets at Rupp?

I don’t know if I’d go that far but they got two legit star players to pull them through it which is what you have to have.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^And both of those players are sophomores...they may not be quite at that level yet that's yet to be determined but I tend to agree with you...but 2023 and especially 2024 could be interesting to say the least.
I don’t have a clue if they can win it, but I will want to watch them try.

That being said, Sacred Heart is going to be scary good during the exact same timeline. I think it will take a monumental effort from any KY school to prevent them from winning a few in a row.
WILL BE A WAR WHEN THESE 2 TEAMS MEET AT SHELBY VALLEY. IN THE MEAN TIME PIKEVILLE NEEDS TO GO OUT AND RECRUIT A POST PLAYER. THEY HAVE SHOWED THEY CAN RECRUIT. BRING THORNSBURY KID IN AND TAKES PLAYING TIME FROM A HOME GROWN KID????????????????????
(01-21-2022, 12:56 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: WILL BE A WAR WHEN THESE 2 TEAMS MEET AT SHELBY VALLEY. IN THE MEAN TIME PIKEVILLE NEEDS TO GO OUT AND RECRUIT A POST PLAYER. THEY HAVE SHOWED THEY CAN RECRUIT. BRING THORNSBURY KID IN AND TAKES PLAYING TIME FROM A HOME GROWN KID????????????
Here we go again with someone crying.  Valley recruits, Belfry recruits, Pike Central recruits, and just about every school in the state.
(01-21-2022, 01:24 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 12:56 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: WILL BE A WAR WHEN THESE 2 TEAMS MEET AT SHELBY VALLEY. IN THE MEAN TIME PIKEVILLE NEEDS TO GO OUT AND RECRUIT A POST PLAYER. THEY HAVE SHOWED THEY CAN RECRUIT. BRING THORNSBURY KID IN AND TAKES PLAYING TIME FROM A HOME GROWN KID????????????
Here we go again with someone crying.  Valley recruits, Belfry recruits, Pike Central recruits, and just about every school in the state.
Homegrown is a loose term in high school sports saw where one of Pikeville football players asking for snow day so kids from county could get home. Not singling out just example. It does happen at every school in Kentucky
(01-19-2022, 10:24 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 09:46 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: How many of Pikeville's top players are underclassmen?  I know Trinity Rowe is a sophomore and think I read where Thornsbury was a sophomore also.  I know they have several good players and this group of girls are very fun to watch.

Out of the main rotation:

Freshman:

Leighan Jackson

Sophomores:

Kylie Grace Hall
Rylee Theiss
Kyera Thornsbury
Trinity Rowe
Kristen Whited

Seniors:

Kylie M. Hall
Emma Ratliff

this is scary. Imagine what they will look like in 2 more years lol. An embarrassment of riches.
Pikeville has no chance of winning a state championship. None.

Unless Thornsburry had shown up they could not win the region. She is by far the best player. Orem knew this and thats why she got her. She has told several people this.
(01-24-2022, 10:21 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: Pikeville has no chance of winning a state championship. None.

Unless Thornsburry had shown up they could not win the region. She is by far the best player. Orem knew this and thats why she got her. She has told several people this.

They’d won the region just fine like they have the last 3 years.
#BBFL
(01-24-2022, 10:21 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: Pikeville has no chance of winning a state championship. None.

Fact check: ALL FALSE
I will chime in on this one, while I dont agree with everything Commodore says, but Orem has told many different people that. And I do agree without her they could not win region.
The more whiners the better. One thing you can take to the bank is the Pikeville coach hasn't said anything these whining troublemakers are lying about.
(01-25-2022, 04:49 PM)Dean of Dorton Wrote: I will chime in on this one, while I dont agree with everything Commodore says, but Orem has told many different people that. And I do agree without her they could not win region.
I think it would be really tough but I think they still win region without her…. Kyera thornsbury however takes this team from good to great and makes them a team that no one wants to draw in the first round at Rupp
(01-26-2022, 02:05 AM)jetpilot Wrote: The more whiners the better. One thing you can take to the bank is the Pikeville coach hasn't said anything these whining troublemakers are lying about.

You can deny all you want Mr Pilot, but that does not change the truth. And I dont know whats so bad about Coach Orem saying Thornsburry is the best player anyway. Anyone with eyes can see that, even you. 

And one last thing, how can you say with 100% accuracy that she has not? We have two people on here that is saying they have heard it themselves. While you are painting both posters as liars. Now that seems a little odd doesnt it, oh pilot of a jet. ( Albeit a paper airplane is more like it).
(01-26-2022, 09:27 PM)KingCommodore Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 02:05 AM)jetpilot Wrote: The more whiners the better. One thing you can take to the bank is the Pikeville coach hasn't said anything these whining troublemakers are lying about.

You can deny all you want Mr Pilot, but that does not change the truth. And I dont know whats so bad about Coach Orem saying Thornsburry is the best player anyway. Anyone with eyes can see that, even you. 

And one last thing, how can you say with 100% accuracy that she has not? We have two people on here that is saying they have heard it themselves. While you are painting both posters as liars. Now that seems a little odd doesnt it, oh pilot of a jet. ( Albeit a paper airplane is more like it).
Trinity Rowe 16 points 4 rebounds 4 assists 3 steals in 1st half as Pikeville blows away a 15-3 Danville Christian team (that beat 15-3 Danville in the 12th region All-A) by 31 points. Everyone with eyes knows T Rowe is the best player not only on the Pikeville team but in the mountains at least. And just because 2 crybaby haters who have no inside info on Pikeville athletics spew the same hate and lies that everyone else knows are lies just makes it more obvious what your agenda is.

Pikeville 63
Danville Christian 32

Another night of crying for you.
No not everyone thinks that. And your head coach is one of them. You are blinded.
(01-27-2022, 06:32 PM)Dean of Dorton Wrote: No not everyone thinks that. And your head coach is one of them. You are blinded.
You are lying and blinded by a face full of tears. Stop crying a river and watch a game. Anyone who follows Pikeville sports even a little knows you are totally full of crapola. Quit lying about the Pikeville coach, everyone knows better. Good to know you are crying yourself to sleep yet again but hang in there, Pikeville will lose again at some point and you will crawl back out from under your rock and gloat.