Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt and Pikeville
Who has the best shot in the All “A” , Breathitt or Pikeville?
I think it’s Pikeville. Breathitt has a very tough matchup in the first round against Travis Perry and Lyon County.
Pikeville beat Breathitt in the preseason at Betsy Layne. Breathitt drew the one of the top 2-3 teams in the tournament in the first round, Lyon is TOUGH and probably has the best underclassman in the state. Pikeville also beat Evangel Christian without all their starters in the preseason. That being said Pikeville got a tough draw to. Owensboro Catholic looks tough with some solid wins and so does Danville Christian and Murray. Should be a real good tournament. Just gotta line em up and play it out.
Breathitt and has all the tools to win the All-A but they not where they need to be yet. Should be interesting though the potential is there. Breathitt is the most talented team to come out of the 14th region in a very long time
(01-16-2022, 08:12 PM)Blue Lips Wrote: Breathitt and has all the tools to win the All-A but they not where they need to be yet. Should be interesting though the potential is there. Breathitt is the most talented team to come out of the 14th region in a very long time
Very long time?  Maybe last 2-3 years.
I would probably have to say the most athletic team in a Very Long Time.
Pikeville has a very winnable first round game vs. O’Cath, but the potential road gets tough after that:

Murray, Evangel, Lyon.

Of course anything can happen and upsets do happen.

That being said, not sure there is a team that PHS can’t beat there but they will have to play a solid tournament.
There are some very good teams but I think that our mountain boys have a very good shot of winning. I really like watching Pikeville play. One of the best teams that I have seen in the 15th region for a long time.
I think Pikeville is a more consistent team than Breathitt. Hazard, Leslie and Cordia all played with them. I love watching Pikeville play. They are a solid team. I think they have the best shot at winning it all.

(01-17-2022, 05:05 PM)WaterBoy15thregion Wrote: I think Pikeville is a more consistent team than Breathitt. Hazard, Leslie and Cordia all played with them. I love watching Pikeville play. They are a solid team. I think they have the best shot at winning it all.

Meant Hazard, Leslie and Cordia all played with Breathitt. Pikeville has the better chance.
Pikeville. Lyon county beats Breathitt in the 1st round. Pikeville will be in the finals against lyon county if they come to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
I feel like Breathitt can handle Lyon County. Breathitt has just as good of a chance of winning as Pikeville does. Pikeville barely can beat Betsy Layne. It’s not like the 15th region is loaded by any means.
If Breathitt can keep their turnovers to under ten, they could very well beat Lyon County. If Breathitt continues to turn the ball over at a high rate, they don't stand a chance. Breathitt is their own worst enemy and they have a tendency to play too fast at times. If Breathitt can play under control, they have just as good as chance as anyone else.
(01-18-2022, 10:57 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I feel like Breathitt can handle Lyon County.  Breathitt has just as good of a chance of winning as  Pikeville does.  Pikeville barely can beat Betsy Layne.  It’s not like the 15th region is loaded by any means.
Breathitt has also lost to Harlan Independent who Pikeville has beat twice.  Lyon County is very good and Perry can really score.  Breathitt will have their hands full.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(01-18-2022, 10:57 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I feel like Breathitt can handle Lyon County.  Breathitt has just as good of a chance of winning as  Pikeville does.  Pikeville barely can beat Betsy Layne.  It’s not like the 15th region is loaded by any means.
Barely beat them by 16 and 12
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Panther Thunder
That’s not all that much considering BL didn’t have all their horses. You’d think they’d beat them by 50 or something.
^^^They had their horses in the PIT and lost by 16
BL is very good and you are whining and not keeping up
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Those who say Breathitt county can handle Lyon County in 1st round of the AAL A haven't seen Lyon county play? I have. Lyon county will win by double digits