Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beatles
personal favorite

Hearing a Beatles' song takes me back to when I was a very little boy in the sixties. It was all over the radios in our house and cars.
Honestly, I have never been a huge Beatles' fan. I certainly have a great appreciation for their influence on music and on pop culture but I really like the guys' solo stuff better than I liked their stuff as the Beatles. "Hey Jude" was a killer tune, though. Sang it hundreds of times when I was a kid. Still remember the 45 I had.

"Here Comes the Sun" was a favorite as well.

(01-14-2022, 01:28 AM)jetpilot Wrote: personal favorite

I |LOVE this song. Probably my favorite as well, along with "Hey Jude."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(01-14-2022, 09:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hearing a Beatles' song takes me back to when I was a very little boy in the sixties. It was all over the radios in our house and cars.
Honestly, I have never been a huge Beatles' fan. I certainly have a great appreciation for their influence on music and on pop culture but I really like the guys' solo stuff better than I liked their stuff as the Beatles.  "Hey Jude" was a killer tune, though. Sang it hundreds of times when I was a kid. Still remember the 45 I had.

All my life the Rolling Stones were my favorite but when I got older and listened to music before my time the Beatles passed them. The older I get the more I appreciate my parents' music...I think it was a much better time and our parents and grandparents were much better than we are...
(01-16-2022, 01:33 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 09:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hearing a Beatles' song takes me back to when I was a very little boy in the sixties. It was all over the radios in our house and cars.
Honestly, I have never been a huge Beatles' fan. I certainly have a great appreciation for their influence on music and on pop culture but I really like the guys' solo stuff better than I liked their stuff as the Beatles.  "Hey Jude" was a killer tune, though. Sang it hundreds of times when I was a kid. Still remember the 45 I had.

All my life the Rolling Stones were my favorite but when I got older and listened to music before my time the Beatles passed them. The older I get the more I appreciate my parents' music...I think it was a much better time and our parents and grandparents were much better than we are...

I agree. As I've gotten older, I've developed a much greater appreciation for my parents music as well.  My dad loves the music of the 50's. I didn't care for it as a teen but now I really enjoy a lot of it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
This is my very first record that I got when I was only 6 years old. This was in 1964 and I still have it. I was a Beatlemaniac even at that young age.

There is a reason why I've always liked and respected you JP!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bob Seger's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-08-2022, 12:20 PM)Bob Seger Wrote: This is my very first record that I got when I was only 6 years old. This was in 1964 and I still have it. I was a Beatlemaniac even at that young age.

There is a reason why I've always liked and respected you JP!!
This just made my whole BGR year. Your like and respect are returned 10x. Miss talking to you on here, you were always the voice of reason. Hope you come back. I miss all the take downs of dim people on multiple formats over the years. Hope you and your family are doing great.
I have to agree with OSH, I have always respected the Beatles, they clearly changed everything, but overall I liked their solo stuff better (even some of Ringo’s stuff, imagine that!). My favorite Beatles song has always been Helter Skelter, despite its connection to the Manson family.