Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 82 Corbin 64
Final.
Shucks
Ten straight losses to South Laurel . Wholly unacceptable.

Corbin gets another shot in a week or so.
If they don’t play defense on teams that has good three point shooters they are not going to fair well in those games plus not making easy put backs ?‍♂️
South will flat out guard people and if their shots are falling - tough to beat. Catch them on a night when the offense is struggling and they can beat pretty easily as Bell showed last week.
The last time Tony P. beat Jeff:

Clay Co. was better than Pineville
Covid was still in a Chinese lab somewhere
No one had sh!t on the walls of the Capitol
The Bengals still sucked
In the Corbin South game last night, just like the North Madison Central game on Monday, the refs about lost control in the last of the game, Some of these 13th region refs seriously need to get a grip....... some of them call so many fouls, especially in the 4th quarter I bet they have to ice their soup coolers down after a game from blowing their whistle so much.

Note: I do have respect for these people, no way in the devils rectum would I be a ref. with all these cry sack coaches, fans & parents.

I know nothing....
Corbin had some nice dunks…….South had GREAT defense. Fundamentals won the game, plain and simple. Actually South reminded me of old Corbin teams, not as talented but hard working, fundamentally sound, gritty, just overall out hustling their opponents.

Tony may be distracted by nepotism, while others…..well are not.
(01-12-2022, 10:11 PM)LogCabinAbe Wrote: Corbin had some nice dunks…….South had GREAT defense.  Fundamentals won the game, plain and simple.  Actually South reminded me of old Corbin teams, not as talented but hard working, fundamentally sound, gritty, just overall out hustling their opponents. 

Tony may be distracted by nepotism, while others…..well are not.
One would think that all the talent Tony P has and has had he could figure out a way to beat Jeff Davis. The only way Tony P beats Jeff Davis is at Corbin And Jeff gets a headache. South has a fundamentally sound team, they pass the ball more than twice and every shot is not designed for one or two kids. Jeff lets his players play basketball and boy do they play defense. I’m not sure I’ve seen a complete defensive effort by any one player on Corbins roster. Hey Corbin just a thought but defense is a big part of the game. Can’t have one or two players fighting for rebounds and other three standing outside 3-point line clapping hands so rebounder can throw them the ball for another 3- pointer. If Im Tony P I bench a few starters until they acted like they wanted to play defense. Just my opinion on what I’ve seen this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • 606CATS
Jeff Davis owns Corbin!
Corbin folks won't be happy if they lose to South and Bell County in a 3 day span, be curious to see how tonight goes.
(01-14-2022, 01:45 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Jeff Davis owns Corbin!
 Good coach. There was a little talk a few years ago of him going to Clay Co.. I know it sounds crazy but there was talk.
(01-14-2022, 03:56 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 01:45 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Jeff Davis owns Corbin!
 Good coach. There was a little talk a few years ago of him going to Clay Co.. I know it sounds crazy but there was talk.

OUTSTANDING coach!    People scoffed at me last year when I ranked him first in the region but I stand by it. Tony may be as good or better but until he starts to beat Jeff , no way am I ranking Tony above him.

Btw, I think Corbin beats Bell tonight. Hard to beat Corbin at home AND coming off a district loss. Tony probably had their attention in practice.
Corbin lost to Bell. Where do you rank Coach Petroski now?