Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 73 Paintsville 65 (All A)
Final

[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • I_Love_Biden_2020
Paintsville just could not keep it together. Pretty shameful act by the whole team and coach. Honestly don’t think they have the personnel to be competitive in tournaments and in the region. Should’ve been a blowout tonight they got quite lucky to even have a chance at the end. Get better.
Things got a little chippy at the end of the game. Congrats Bobcats.
Good win for the bobcats. Paintsville has to get attitudes in check to make a run at end of season.
The chippyness has been an issue since the Fugates moved to Paintsville. Those two guys have all the talent in the world but they both can be completely taken out of the game mentally. Especially in big games they foul out way too much and get needless technicals for fighting.
Speaking of which, will Robinson be out the next two for getting ejected (ER and potentially Pikeville)? That’s huge if so…sounded like game was wrapped up when second technical happened.
The first technical on brady Robinson was a horrible call…. Both fugates should’ve been ejected…
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Ugly Truth's post:
  • Westside
(01-12-2022, 03:11 PM)Mister D Wrote: The chippyness has been an issue since the Fugates moved to Paintsville. Those two guys have all the talent in the world but they both can be completely taken out of the game mentally. Especially in big games they foul out way too much and get needless technicals for fighting.
To be fair it wasn’t like Betsy Layne was completely innocent either. It was a hard fought game with a lot of emotions boiling over.
(01-12-2022, 06:33 PM)Mister D Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 03:11 PM)Mister D Wrote: The chippyness has been an issue since the Fugates moved to Paintsville. Those two guys have all the talent in the world but they both can be completely taken out of the game mentally. Especially in big games they foul out way too much and get needless technicals for fighting.
To be fair it wasn’t like Betsy Layne was completely innocent either. It was a hard fought game with a lot of emotions boiling over.

Until Paintsville gets control of their players and coaches, this will continue to happen. Go back and watch the game, you will see BL was defending after being elbowed, tripped and pushed all night. Who wouldn’t get mad at that? But let’s punish the ones who had to deal with all night and got tired of it. Let’s remember these are kids who can’t control their emotions.

Betsy Layne had a few moments of losing their heads, but let’s not forget that it seems to be a constant fight with each team Paintsville plays. There has to be a common denominator.

Let’s just hope the All-A finishes with clean games and the Panthers play their game. I think the semi’s will be interesting matchup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentuckyfan52's post:
  • Westside
Paintsville’s kids feed off of their head coach and his actions. He has zero control over the Fugate kids and their parents feed into it with how they act in the stands. Bill Mike was very vocal but his teams played the right way. Coach Slone needs to get control of his players before it cost them even more games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • BlackAndYellow
(01-12-2022, 04:25 PM)100%SUCCESS Wrote: Speaking of which, will Robinson be out the next two for getting ejected (ER and potentially Pikeville)? That’s huge if so…sounded like game was wrapped up when second technical happened.
Will Robinson be eligible Friday and with a win eligible for Saturday?
(01-14-2022, 12:25 AM)MO2704 Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 04:25 PM)100%SUCCESS Wrote: Speaking of which, will Robinson be out the next two for getting ejected (ER and potentially Pikeville)? That’s huge if so…sounded like game was wrapped up when second technical happened.
Will Robinson be eligible Friday and with a win eligible for Saturday?

I thought I heard the WPRG announcers say he would be out for Friday for sure after the ejection.
Robinson has set out two games now, will #10 for painstville set out two games?? He was issued two technicals in the game as well… maybe something to take to KHSAA especially if he isn’t setting out games but I was in attendance and watched #10 for north Pburg I mean Paintsville set on the bench after his 2nd technical but Robinson was ejected and forced to the locker room.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue dawg's post:
  • Westside
(01-17-2022, 06:10 AM)Blue dawg Wrote: Robinson has set out two games now, will #10 for painstville set out two games?? He was issued two technicals in the game as well… maybe something to take to KHSAA especially if he isn’t setting out games but I was in attendance and watched #10 for north Pburg I mean Paintsville set on the bench after his 2nd technical but Robinson was ejected and forced to the locker room.

He played Saturday in Paintsville's game against Whitley County in the Big Lou Coaches vs. Cancer Classic at Perry Central.
Paintsville is a really good team with a chance to win it all. I just think that they take to many bad shots. Pikeville is the team to beat in the 15th but anything can happen. Teams like Betsy Layne and Paintsville can beat them but it would take an off night for sure.
(01-17-2022, 01:39 PM)clipperw Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 06:10 AM)Blue dawg Wrote: Robinson has set out two games now, will #10 for painstville set out two games?? He was issued two technicals in the game as well… maybe something to take to KHSAA especially if he isn’t setting out games but I was in attendance and watched #10 for north Pburg I mean Paintsville set on the bench after his 2nd technical but Robinson was ejected and forced to the locker room.

He played Saturday in Paintsville's game against Whitley County in the Big Lou Coaches vs. Cancer Classic at Perry Central.
wow watch the 4th quarter in the above link that was originally posted from wprg tv #10 from painstville was issued two technicals in the game. Should have had to set out two games just like Robinson.
The Bobcats just beat the Tigers plain and simple. I believe if you go back and watch you will see #10 only received one technical. The other two were on Ratliff and the Tiger bench.
(01-18-2022, 10:07 PM)Hank Voight Wrote: The Bobcats just beat the Tigers plain and simple. I believe if you go back and watch you will see #10 only received one technical. The other two were on Ratliff and the Tiger bench.
Not correct, if you watch it over he receives one when he raps up Kidd out of anger of being blocked, then he attempts the same thing on Robinson on the layup attempt off the steal. He received his technical first the announcer announced it before Robinson and Ratliff and the tigers “bench” was determined a technical. So Paintsville  was gave 3 technicals on that last out burst which is why Robinsons T waved Ratliffs T off and then Betsy Layne still got 4 free throws and the ball back for the other two technicals.

(01-18-2022, 11:42 PM)Blue dawg Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 10:07 PM)Hank Voight Wrote: The Bobcats just beat the Tigers plain and simple. I believe if you go back and watch you will see #10 only received one technical. The other two were on Ratliff and the Tiger bench.
Not correct, if you watch it over he receives one when he raps up Kidd out of anger of being blocked, then he attempts the same thing on Robinson on the layup attempt off the steal. He received his technical first the announcer announced it before Robinson and Ratliff and the tigers “bench” was determined a technical. So Paintsville  was gave 3 technicals on that last out burst which is why Robinsons T waved Ratliffs T off and then Betsy Layne still got 4 free throws and the ball back for the other two technicals.
Ultimately if you watch it over Paintsville received 4 technicals in the game.
#10-2
#23-1
”bench”-1
Paintsville has descended back into redneck hell but don't forget about them, they will still be a serious threat to win the 15th.
Funny how the kid from Betsy Layne sat out two games and the kid from Paintsville didnt. Wonder what happened there. I have never witnessed anything like this since I have watched 15th region basketball.
#10 for Paintsville never received a second technical. I wondered the same thing so I went and asked around.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL