Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open job Fairview High School
Any Thoughts? Who? When? a lot of vacancies through out the state. can Westwood get a man of experience or have to settle for an assistant 1st time H C coach hire again? please help...
You can’t give this job away
Imo, how this hire goes, will be the last chance effort, or the wnd of football at fairview. I hope its not and someone can get the program breathing again. But i feel its not likely
Isn’t Scott grizzle on the coaching staff there? Maybe he can step in, unless they think he might change his mind a month prior to the season starting.
(01-09-2022, 08:36 PM)sambo Wrote: Isn’t Scott grizzle on the coaching staff there? Maybe he can step in, unless they think he might change his mind a month prior to the season starting.
Wow…hahah doesn’t look like Hazard hurt themselves with who they ended up with as coach
(01-09-2022, 08:36 PM)sambo Wrote: Isn’t Scott grizzle on the coaching staff there? Maybe he can step in, unless they think he might change his mind a month prior to the season starting.

Scott Grizzle was on the coaching staff at Russell this past season, but I had heard he was working at Fairview after he left Hazard. 

Also heard former Fairview QB Alex Roy's name thrown around for the vacant HC job
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanman's post:
  • scrappy coco
(01-09-2022, 09:19 PM)Fanman Wrote:

Scott Grizzle was on the coaching staff at Russell this past season, but I had heard he was working at Fairview after he left Hazard. 

Also heard former Fairview QB Alex Roy's name thrown around for the vacant HC job
im not sure they would hire Roy, if they do a background check or if a recent DUI matters? i dont see this happening not a good look for current atmosphere. everyone makes mistakes but ya never know at Fairview
Fairview has to be extrely careful with this hire. They are already bleeding whats left of the tallent out of the program. Im worried this could spell the end if they dont get the right person in there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • scrappy coco
(01-09-2022, 09:19 PM)Fanman Wrote:

I think Scott got a teaching Job at Russell if I’m not mistaken.
Neither Russell or Fairview has Scott listed in the staff directory so who knows.
Heard some rough words said about Fairview, from a Fairview parent a few days ago. Directly to me, from them, not hear say (unless their words were infact just that). But i really hope its false. But it wasnt the first time Ive heard it. I really hope the Eagles can right the ship, or breakdown and request some sort of consolidation. I have no clue how any of that works, but I am really concerned for that school system. As much as I have bashed and given hell to the Fairview faithful, Its not directed at the kids and they are the ones I am concerned about.
(01-25-2022, 09:06 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Heard some rough words said about Fairview, from a Fairview parent a few days ago. Directly to me, from them, not hear say (unless their words were infact just that). But i really hope its false. But it wasnt the first time Ive heard it. I really hope the Eagles can right the ship, or breakdown and request some sort of consolidation. I have no clue how any of that works, but I am really concerned for that school system. As much as I have bashed and given hell to the Fairview faithful, Its not directed at the kids and they are the ones I am concerned about.
dont believe all that Chip has to say, his young son did transfer recently and has been doing well as can be expected. fairview will not close the doors this year or in the next for seeable future, as bad as it is this will not happen, from a reliable source they are close to hiring a new HC for football. and he's been a HC before and a former asst eagles coach! until we know for sure Scotty...
[-] The following 1 user Likes scrappy coco's post:
  • king360
In all honesty and transparency, this i formation did not come from Chip. We talk often and he hasnt ever said anything negative to me about Fairview. Just that he felt Raceland privided more opportunities for his son. The person I spoke with, for all i inow, does not have a kid in the program. Like i said, i hope it is untrue.
  • scrappy coco
Still no news out of Westwood. Beginning to think that there may not be any football this fall
I heard from you scrappy, and some others away from the site, that there was talk of making a selection. Did that fall through? Bc now im hearing rumbles not having enough to even field a team. At one point the group that should be in i believe 8th grade was pretty solid in JFL. What happened?
Word on the street is the coach who came over from Lewis Co. a few weeks ago who now teaches there applied.
Doesn’t matter if they dont have enough to field a team
Im sorry but god help them if its Lewis Co's former HC. Wouldnt wish him on anyone.
Any updates?
(03-06-2022, 07:33 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Any updates?
Other than what you said, nothing. I have never seen a school go this long. Over 4 months now, without a HC. At this point I say let Tom Hobbs coach. Lol. Old BITW guy
(03-06-2022, 02:37 PM)scrappy coco Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 07:33 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Any updates?
Other than what you said, nothing. I have never seen a school go this long. Over 4 months now, without a HC. At this point I say let Tom Hobbs coach. Lol. Old BITW guy

I heard today that they made a hire. I wasn’t given a name, I was told the school employees were notified this morning by a email.
Following...
(03-08-2022, 03:55 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Following...
Brent Wilcox on new HC. Former OC under Fred Ray at Fairview. Excellent hire Fairview. This guy knows football. Westwood has a pulse. Watch out south greenup
(03-08-2022, 04:17 PM)scrappy coco Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 03:55 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Following...
Brent Wilcox on new HC. Former OC under Fred Ray at Fairview. Excellent hire Fairview. This guy knows football. Westwood has a pulse. Watch out south greenup
Now all you gotta do is find enough pulses to field a team hahaha
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • scrappy coco
Glad to hear they made a seemingly solid hire. Hopefully theres enough bodies to build a competitive team.
  • scrappy coco