Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Female Singers : 1970's
Okay, guys and gals, this is MY decade. I grew up in the seventies. This was my favorite decade of music. So many great memories from pre-teen years and into my teenage years. Lots of favorite female singers. I'll start with the woman who I feel possessed the purest, most clear, almost perfect singing voice ---  KAREN CARPENTER.

Have we ever heard anything like this since or will we ever hear anything like this again? Highly improbable.  Her voice was impeccable... pitch perfect... her timing and phrasing... just off the charts.   Her voice was hauntingly emotive, and reflected the deep pain she held inside. A truly singular voice ,  one for the ages!!!

I loved her so much .   Heart  I still cannot listen to her hauntingly beautiful voice without tearing up.  No one made me cry like Karen.  Cry       She was the best ever !!!    

My first HUGE crush on a pop singer... 1974.  This angelic-voiced , angelic faced, blonde, blue-eyed Aussie stole my heart away. One of the world's great beauties and best singers---  O N J   !!!

Please Olivia Please...

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
This could go in the embarrassing thread also lol...still love it

Jet, I hope you had a great Christmas, my friend.  

I figured you probably liked Olivia as well.  Great singer, beautiful woman.

I bet you like my next pick as well.

Here's an iconic live clip of "Angel," when Stevie was at the height of her deliciousness... AND coked out of her witchy mind.

While Buckingham is my favorite Mac member, I think it goes without saying the decision to bring Nicks aboard along with Lindsey turned out pretty well.  Stevie could just as well be listed as a favorite 1980's singer but we first got to know her in the '70's  with the release of Rumours and Tusk albums . 

STEVIE NICKS :

https://youtu.be/Pyt250qx9uA?list=RDPyt250qx9uA&t=10

Stevie with the 1976 version of "Silver Springs," the song that was axed from Rumours in favor of the much shorter "I Don't Want to Know," despite strenuous objections from Stevie.

Who did Stephanie Nicks NOT sing a duet with in the 70's and 80's. That's one short list. If you grew up in the 70's, you can't her this and feel a bit sad and nostalgic for the old days.

^^^
EDIT:

can't hear this and NOT feel a bid sad and nostalgic... sorry.

My favorite video on MTV ever....
it started here edit even before this

Off topic but beautiful
Fleetwood Mac wouldn't have made it without Christine McVie...vastly underrated