Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 70 Betsy Layne 54 (PIT Championship)
Final
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Great job by the Panthers!

Betsy Layne’s lack of depth caught up to them in the 2nd Half. 3 games in 3 days is tough.

Laithan Hall is the John Bill Trivette Most Valuable Player of the December 2021 PIT.
Worrix dominated this game from the opening tip on both ends of the floor
Our hottest player Andrew Kidd had 29 and 25 the past two nights. Tonight he had 2. Worrix locked him down and Brady Robinson kept us is the game the first half with his 3 point shooting, but about half way through the third quarter Worrix took over with his drives and just managing the game. Pikeville is very good, Worrix makes everyone 10 times better and takes a load off of Sammons who tonight got to take a lot of rest and just did whatever he wanted very calmly. Didn’t have to force anything or take a shot he didn’t want.

They are very good right now. But they are a very veteran heavy team with Elisha Jusitce at head coach. So it’s I telling how good they’ll be once seasons end comes around.

And for Betsy Layne, we are going to be just fine. 3 games in 3 days when you only play 5 players is very taxing. Especially with Mims just coming back from Covid and Frasure still not fully back with that ACL recovery.

Great test for us early one in the season to play a team like Pikeville.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The Panthers could be the most unselfish team I’ve saw play in awhile. Any one of those kids could get hot. Hall had the hot hand today. 7 made threes. Congrats Panthers

Robinson from BL is a player. He made some tough shots tonight. BL depth hurt them tonight. That will be something to keep an eye on with them moving forward. See if anyone steps up.
These teams are two different ends of the spectrum. Pikeville is not only so dangerous on offense, but that team buys into defense. This is clearly the best team in the region and will take them to put up a stinker, and an opposing team to play the best they can for this team to lose in the region. Betsy Layne has to rely on the 3 point shot to much, and is not very good on defense.
Great job by the Panthers defensively, really took Kidd out of the game offensively and rebounded well. To beat that panther defense teams are gonna have to be disciplined in keeping the ball out of the corners in the half court set and keep the ball in the middle of the floor. If Betsy Layne keeps playing with 5-6 players they are gonna have to be better conditioned, you could see the boys tire in the second half. I think Betsy Layne didnt play their best game and will be a tough out in the post season.
Good win for the Panthers...Betsy Layne is a very good team. Pikeville has more depth and the 3 games in 3 days undoubtedly affected the Bobcats more than the Panthers. These 2 may possibly be the 2 best teams in the 15th region this season, I look for both teams to have very good seasons.

I watched the game on mountain top sports livestream and I don't know which was more entertaining...the game or the commentary from a few of the fans that were sitting close to the announcers lol...It's just part of the experience of going to a high school game in small gyms where individual fans voices can easily be heard...I always find it entertaining and it was good enough last night to translate that experience via a livesrream.
(12-23-2021, 02:21 PM)Hambley Wrote: Great job by the Panthers defensively, really took Kidd out of the game offensively and rebounded well. To beat that panther defense teams are gonna have to be disciplined in keeping the ball out of the corners in the half court set and keep the ball in the middle of the floor. If Betsy Layne keeps playing with 5-6 players they are gonna have to be better conditioned, you could see the boys tire in the second half. I think Betsy Layne didnt play their best game and will be a tough out in the post season.
Panthers dictated everything. BL didn’t play their best game because of the Panthers.  If BL don’t start throwing those young guys in during meaningful minutes and try to develop them they will have the same problems come tournament time. Winning 3 games in the Region just playing 5 guys won’t happen.  Better to throw some young guys in the fire now to try to have at least 2 ready come March.
Newsome probably shouldn’t have ran the Rainey kid off. He was there 6th man and a starter after Frazier got hurt. Would have gave them some depth for sure.
Pikeville has the talent+depth+coaching to win the 15th and maybe a game or 2 in Rupp but will be hard to deal with the Ballards and GRC along with Cov Cath. January 7 will be biggest test they face with Ashland.
Great game for the Panthers. BL is a good team but like I said in my preseason prediction on another post they have 0 depth and it will hurt them in the long run. Coach Newsome needs to get the young guys in games in crucial moments so he can depend on them come tournament time...what are they going to do come 58th district tournament and Mims fraizer or Robinson go out to foul trouble. If you rely solely on your starting 5 you won't go far at all. as far as the 3 games in 3 days. Both teams had to endure that so it's not really a good excuse. Pikevilles Def. Is the best part about the team. It's exciting and everyone has bought in. That's a championship mindset. They may be the best team since the Shelby Valley State championship team out of the 15th.
Its a long season dont cant your chickens before they hatch~~  I see the region very evenly balanced in the games ive watched so far! I did see the bracket on this tourney. Pikeville did set it up in their favor. Which if i was the host id do the same thing. Merry Christmas!
(12-24-2021, 09:17 PM)Sports72 Wrote: Its a long season dont cant your chickens before they hatch~~  I see the region very evenly balanced in the games ive watched so far!  I did see the bracket on this tourney. Pikeville did set it up in their favor. Which if i was the host id do the same thing.  Merry Christmas!

I'm curious to hear what games you've watched... Pikeville looks like a different beast then anyone else.  JC handled BL easily  belfry is off to a very very slow start I haven't seen ER or Lawrence Martin co is a 1 man show. Paintsville looks good..only thing evenly balanced in the 15th region is the 58th district.  I can very well see Floyd Central being the underdog representing that district in tournament play they were 1 bad technical away and 1 lucky tip in from beating BL who everyone thought was going to run away with the district and compete for a region.  Pikeville had them down 20+ before Bl starters were pulled.
(12-24-2021, 06:00 PM)JNolietotell Wrote: Great game for the Panthers.  BL is a good team but like I said in my preseason prediction on another post they have 0 depth  and it will hurt them in the long run. Coach Newsome needs to get the young guys in games in crucial moments so he can depend on them come tournament time...what are they going to do come 58th district tournament and Mims fraizer or Robinson go out to foul trouble. If you rely solely on your starting 5 you won't go far at all. as far as the 3 games in 3 days. Both teams had to endure that so it's not really a good excuse. Pikevilles Def. Is the best part about the team.  It's exciting and everyone has bought in.  That's a championship mindset.  They may be the best team since the Shelby Valley State championship team out of the 15th.
There still a lot of basketball left to be played this season. Floyd central put up a heck of a fight earlier this year, but Betsy Layne should roll through the 58th. As for Pikeville, they shouldn’t sleep on an improving Shelby valley team.