Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Corbin 42 Lincoln County 21
Final .
Congratulations Redhounds!
Greer made adjustments and Corbin held Lincoln to zero points second half. Weird game, credit to Lincoln County. They played hard. Fun.
Go HOUNDS!!!!!;
Congratulations Red Hounds!
Congrats Corbin!
Congrats Redhounds!! You need these games like this makes for a good pay day in December!
Congrats Hounds
Clayton Davis for Lincoln County played his heart out. Kid is a PLAYER!! key turnovers put Lincoln in a bad spot. Not scoring before halftime also hurt them. I've watched Corbin and Boyle both play now and I'll definitely give the edge to Boyle. I think Boyle has the better defense. Corbin does have great running backs.
(10-16-2021, 12:34 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Clayton Davis for Lincoln County played his heart out. Kid is a PLAYER!! key turnovers put Lincoln in a bad spot. Not scoring before halftime also hurt them. I've watched Corbin and Boyle both play now and I'll definitely give the edge to Boyle. I think Boyle has the better defense. Corbin does have great running backs.
I would like to sit with you if Corbin and Boyle gets to play.
You better hope Corbin gets there because Boyle will be there!

Clayton Davis was the best player on the field. 1 rush 77 yds TD 10 catches 136 yards 2tds.
This team is going to give me a heart attack. We seemed so predictable, I think Bull would agree I was calling what would happen, before it happened. Game reminded me of the SK game 2.0. The only real bright spot was we got punched in the mouth and we responded, against a good team this will be hard to overcome.
(10-16-2021, 12:55 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: You better hope Corbin gets there because Boyle will be there!

Clayton Davis was the best player on the field.  1 rush 77 yds TD 10 catches 136 yards 2tds.

Big Grin  He’s a heck of a player but he was not the best player on the field.  You can’t compare stats the way your trying when Corbin had multiple kids touching the ball and then declare the stats leader the best player on the field.  I intended to congratulate you on a hard fought game and still do I thought Lincoln played extremely hard but one player doesn’t win the game.
(10-16-2021, 01:12 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: This team is going to give me a heart attack. We seemed so predictable, I think Bull would agree I was calling what would happen, before it happened. Game reminded me of the SK game 2.0. The only real bright spot was we got punched in the mouth and we responded, against a good team this will be hard to overcome.

I meant to say against the top teams, Lincoln is a good team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • TD Hounds
(10-16-2021, 01:36 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 01:12 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: This team is going to give me a heart attack.  We seemed so predictable, I think Bull would agree I was calling what would happen, before it happened. Game reminded me of the SK game 2.0. The only real bright spot was we got punched in the mouth and we responded, against a good team this will be hard to overcome.

I meant to say against the top teams, Lincoln is a good team.

I thought Lincoln was a very good team and it was a game we needed at exactly the right time.  Winning games by 56 points is nice especially when your ready for bed but it’s not gonna get us where we need to be.
Lincoln isn't that good. Corbin should count tonight as a loss and work to get better.
(10-16-2021, 01:46 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Lincoln isn't that good. Corbin should count tonight as a loss and work to get better.

Did Boyle count Lexington Catholic as a loss last week James?

(10-16-2021, 12:55 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: You better hope Corbin gets there because Boyle will be there!

Clayton Davis was the best player on the field.  1 rush 77 yds TD 10 catches 136 yards 2tds.

You like popcorn?

(10-16-2021, 01:12 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: This team is going to give me a heart attack.  We seemed so predictable, I think Bull would agree I was calling what would happen, before it happened. Game reminded me of the SK game 2.0. The only real bright spot was we got punched in the mouth and we responded, against a good team this will be hard to overcome.

You did. Told me what would happen before it happened.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Hound05
Why would Boyle count Lexington Catholic as a loss? There's a big difference between a 6-2 team with .71474 RPI and a 3-6 team with .44968 RPI.

Corbin hasn't played anyone yet. The time will come.
(10-16-2021, 02:00 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Why would Boyle count Lexington Catholic as a loss? There's a big difference between a 6-2 team with .71474 RPI and a 3-6 team with .44968 RPI.

The same as you saying Corbin needs to count Lincoln as a loss. You are blind if you think Corbin has'nt played or beat anyone this year. The list keeps growing. I think a few more names will be added soon.
Lincoln County outgained Corbin 439 to 343. Corbin is not as good as people think. If they gave that up to Lincoln what do you think Boyle will do. Get real. Lincoln turned it over on the one yard line and then again in Corbin territory in the second half. Corbin posters always saying how great their defense is but gave up almost 450 to a 3 win Lincoln team.
(10-16-2021, 02:00 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Why would Boyle count Lexington Catholic as a loss? There's a big difference between a 6-2 team with .71474 RPI and a 3-6 team with .44968 RPI.

Franklin Co and Christ School where both solid wins and I seem to recall a lot of people thought Boyle would put a running clock on Lex Cath (me included).  Corbin has some kids beat up that should be healthy come playoff time and defensive sets contributed to a whole lot of the success Lincoln was having in the first half, once that was adjusted they never scored a point in the 2nd half.  Lincoln is a better team than your giving them credit for and they came ready to play tonight, there where some things I seen in the first half that I didn’t like but it seemed to get all ironed out after halftime.  Lots of football left before Corbin and Boyle would play neither one needs to be counting chickens just yet…
(10-16-2021, 02:20 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Lincoln County outgained Corbin 439 to 343. Corbin is not as good as people think. If they gave that up to Lincoln what do you think Boyle will do. Get real. Lincoln turned it over  on the one yard line and then again in Corbin territory in the second half.  Corbin posters always saying how great their defense is but gave up almost 450 to a 3 win Lincoln team.

Corbin also played Pulaski County as well as Boyle County did last time I checked. Corbin defense has had a few games that they give up yardage but really not points. I think Corbin defense will come to play against the teams when it counts. Franklin County and Chrst School our defense showed up and held there own. I don't see any teams in 4A that will be much different than those two teams. Corbin is as good as some people think.
(10-16-2021, 02:20 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Lincoln County outgained Corbin 439 to 343. Corbin is not as good as people think. If they gave that up to Lincoln what do you think Boyle will do. Get real. Lincoln turned it over  on the one yard line and then again in Corbin territory in the second half.  Corbin posters always saying how great their defense is but gave up almost 450 to a 3 win Lincoln team.

The turnover on the one yard line was actually a touchback after an interception, is that not pretty good defense?  Only stats that matter at the end of the game 42-21…
These comments…. Haha. Funny how records don’t mean much, but then they want to use them to compare Lex cath to Lincoln. Lex
Cath has played 2 good teams. Killed by one, barely lost to the other.

But I’m fine if whoever wants to give BC the edge. But at least have some some good points to it. You talk about our D, but BC gave up 29 to Pulaski. And then scored 16 on a team that’s probably giving up an avg of 30 a game. But I’ve not seen them play, so maybe you’re right? But taking one game like Lex cath or Lincoln and using it to compare two teams that haven’t played is like picking a state champion after the first week. But I don’t think there’s a team in 4A that’s gonna stop us from scoring. But I couldn’t care less about Boyle co right now. They’ve got their own problems to worry about, we’ve got ours. This is Corbin vs LC.

And I’ve got no excuses or taking anything away from LC. They scored, ans they earned those points. Davis is probably one of the best players we’ll see this year, if not the best. They had a good game plan, and threw in some wrinkles they haven’t shown yet until tonight. But as others have said, we adjusted and kept them scoreless. We forced I think 3 maybe 4 TO’s. Someone mentioned they turned it over at the 1 yard line, but didn’t give the whole story. Our defense put them in a position that they had to throw, and when they did, we intercepted it in the endzone. But even with their offense trying to control the clock, we still scored at will minus our first interception for the year. But I guess we still should have lost? Who knows? But I still say, because I said it before the game, LC isn’t a bad team. And again, Davis could star for any team in 4A. They always seem to play us a little harder than everyone else, or maybe they just have our number, couldn’t say. But we’ll see them again. It’ll probably be the same type game. We probably won’t give up as many points the next time, but they’ll slow things done to snails pace to give themselves a chance, and we’ll probably have to hear all of this again.
(10-16-2021, 02:27 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Corbin also played Pulaski County as well as Boyle County did last time I checked. Corbin defense has had a few games that they give up yardage but really not points. I think Corbin defense will come to play against the teams when it counts. Franklin County and Chrst School our defense showed up and held there own. I don't see any teams in 4A that will be much different than those two teams. Corbin is as good as some people think.
How dare you take more than one game or team to compare us to others. NO!! You have to use Lincoln! And you have to count it as a loss after a 3 TD win with a team who eats up clock like a fat lady at David’s buffet  after church. Oh and you can’t use any other teams close games either. But at the same time I wouldn’t consider a 3 TD win close.

I'm not a Corbin fan. They are as good or better than any 4A team in the state.  if you think the game against Lincoln County is a preview of how they'll play in the playoffs you are in for a rude awakening.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • UKmom

Bossdaddy, did you sneak around and hire Eddie Gran??

Smile Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Hound05, pjdoug, TD Hounds
I agree PJDOUG, I liked so much last night, it will take a week for me to get more lol.

Hound05, I totally agree with what you said. Awesome post!!!!!!!

(10-16-2021, 06:48 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

Smile Smile
Good one Granny!!!! ?
(10-16-2021, 06:48 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

Smile Smile

lol.
state championship teams normally struggle with 3 win teams whos best win is over somerset things will be okay no reason to stress