Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does the opposing Party root for the President to fail?
I guess that I partially understand why Politicians do, but why would the general population prefer that the US struggle when the other Party is in office?  It happened when Obama was elected, then again when Trump won and continues now under Biden.

Maybe I'm naive, but I wanted all of them to be successful because that improves everyone's chances to better themselves.  Maybe someone else can explain it to me because I have a hard time comprehending that type of logic.
^Which parts of Trump's agenda were you hoping to see him implement successfully?

For me to hope that Biden's presidency would succeed, he would need to scrap his left-wing agenda entirely. I am opposed to all illegal immigration. I am opposed to federal government mandates of vaccinations that circumvent the constitutional legislative process. I am opposed to race-based policies that benefit some races at the expense of other races. I am opposed to resettling unvetted Afghanis anywhere in this country. I support policies that are intended to provide energy independence for this country. I oppose policies that require individuals, corporations or government entities to use renewable sources of energy over fossil fuels.

Why should I be hoping that Joe Biden succeeds, given that he is actively pursuing an agenda that I believe is doing great harm to this country?
(10-14-2021, 11:55 PM)The Outsider Wrote: I guess that I partially understand why Politicians do, but why would the general population prefer that the US struggle when the other Party is in office?  It happened when Obama was elected, then again when Trump won and continues now under Biden.

Maybe I'm naive, but I wanted all of them to be successful because that improves everyone's chances to better themselves.  Maybe someone else can explain it to me because I have a hard time comprehending that type of logic.

LOL, successful huh? Wouldn't one first have to be willing to admit success when it came? If Biden got black unemployment down to all-time lows, or if women's unemployment got down to all-time lows, or if America became energy independent and gasoline got down to $1.80 a gallon I'd admit it. Or if conservatives were out beating people senseless and burning down towns and trying to blow up or burn down federal court houses I'd admit it.

Step up Outsider, be honest about DJT's achievements.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(10-15-2021, 05:10 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 11:55 PM)The Outsider Wrote: I guess that I partially understand why Politicians do, but why would the general population prefer that the US struggle when the other Party is in office?  It happened when Obama was elected, then again when Trump won and continues now under Biden.

LOL, successful huh? Wouldn't one first have to be willing to admit success when it came? If Biden got black unemployment down to all-time lows, or if women's unemployment got down to all-time lows, or if America became energy independent and gasoline got down to $1.80 a gallon I'd admit it. Or if conservatives were out beating people senseless and burning down towns and trying to blow up or burn down federal court houses I'd admit it.

Step up Outsider, be honest about DJT's achievements.
Or at least acknowledge what an utter disaster the current administration is. Should be easy for a straight ticket GOP voter...wink wink blink blink nod nod...lol
Outsider says he's a Republican, he just hates Trump. Supposedly in this sex mad society of ours, the libs and Outsider on here are offended because Trump was somewhat of a womanizer. Meanwhile those same people who slammed Trump every day are to this day ready to go to bat for William Jefferson Clinton. Go figure, we got men out there bragging about impregnating dozens of women and looking for dozens more. But as taxpayers the libs and Outsider say they are perfectly content paying the burdensome taxes to cover Uncle Sam's handsome outlays required to raise these poor unfortunate fatherless offspring. But of all our millions who are consumed with chasing women and much much worse, they hate Trump only. Not the those who see this world as their own personal brothel.

Notwithstanding Trump did nothing wrong as President. Nor were any of the left able to pin anything on him. Nor did any of the volcanic flood of lawsuits against Trump ever materialize, as Cardfan so categorically promised, that supposedly were barely being contained until Trump's last day as President.

Trump was a very good President and without question, recent history proves his economic foresight and vision were right on. And every world leader grudgingly or not, fell in line. Unfortunately like the border wall, the US economic powerhouse which MR Trump was building, being all but completed by his last day, lays abandoned merely for the sake of his political foes ax to grind. To heck with the interests of the people. Biden's first day was spent dismantling the energy field and cancelling a nearly completed Keystone Pipeline, as well as the border wall and the US trade deals. Groceries are harder to come by and much more expensive, as are gasoline and natural gas, cars, pickup trucks and thousands of items we took for granted a scant few months ago. Welcome to your transformation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(10-15-2021, 07:30 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^Which parts of Trump's agenda were you hoping to see him implement successfully?

For me to hope that Biden's presidency would succeed, he would need to scrap his left-wing agenda entirely. I am opposed to all illegal immigration. I am opposed to federal government mandates of vaccinations that circumvent the constitutional legislative process. I am opposed to race-based policies that benefit some races at the expense of other races. I am opposed to resettling unvetted Afghanis anywhere in this country. I support policies that are intended to provide energy independence for this country. I oppose policies that require individuals, corporations or government entities to use renewable sources of energy over fossil fuels.

Why should I be hoping that Joe Biden succeeds, given that he is actively pursuing an agenda that I believe is doing great harm to this country?

The stock market did well for the most part while Trump was in office.  The replacement of NAFTA may have been the biggest accomplishment during his tenure.  The First Step Act was a step forward in the reform of the criminal justice system.

I'm not really referring to the President being successful in attaining their agendas, but the Country being prosperous during their terms.  I have no use for a lot of the Democratic agenda either.

(10-15-2021, 08:46 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Outsider says he's a Republican, he just hates Trump. Supposedly in this sex mad society of ours, the libs and Outsider on here are offended because Trump was somewhat of a womanizer. Meanwhile those same people who slammed Trump every day are to this day ready to go to bat for William Jefferson Clinton. Go figure, we got men out there bragging about impregnating dozens of women and looking for dozens more. But as taxpayers the libs and Outsider say they are perfectly content paying the burdensome taxes  to cover Uncle Sam's handsome outlays required to raise these poor unfortunate fatherless offspring. But of all our millions who are consumed with chasing women and much much worse, they hate Trump only. Not the those who see this world as their own personal brothel.

Notwithstanding Trump did nothing wrong as President. Nor were any of the left able to pin anything on him. Nor did any of the volcanic flood of lawsuits against Trump ever materialize, as Cardfan so categorically promised, that supposedly were barely being contained until Trump's last day as President.

Trump was a very good President and without question, recent history proves his economic foresight and vision were right on. And every world leader grudgingly or not, fell in line. Unfortunately like the border wall, the US economic powerhouse which MR Trump was building, being all but completed by his last day, lays abandoned merely for the sake of his political foes ax to grind. To heck with the interests of the people. Biden's first day was spent dismantling the energy field and cancelling a nearly completed Keystone Pipeline, as well as the border wall and the US trade deals. Groceries are harder to come by and much more expensive, as are gasoline and natural gas, cars, pickup trucks and thousands of items we took for granted a scant few months ago. Welcome to your transformation.

I have never voted for a Clinton and am certainly not a fan of Bill, although the Country did reasonably well while he was in office.  

The supply and demand problems we are experiencing now have very little to do with anything Biden or Trump did or didn't do.
(10-16-2021, 11:29 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 07:30 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^Which parts of Trump's agenda were you hoping to see him implement successfully?

The stock market did well for the most part while Trump was in office.  The replacement of NAFTA may have been the biggest accomplishment during his tenure.  The First Step Act was a step forward in the reform of the criminal justice system.

I'm not really referring to the President being successful in attaining their agendas, but the Country being prosperous during their terms.  I have no use for a lot of the Democratic agenda either.
I don't think that many people want to see the country fail, no matter who is in the White House. The problem is that when a president attempts to implement bad policies that have already failed in the past, it is impossible for the country to succeed to the extent that it should. As this country plunges deeper into debt and manufactures fewer products necessary for our own security, the margin of error shrinks. There are limits to the ability of our economy and system of government to absorb the impact of extremely weak leadership in the Oval Office.

When conservatives predict that policies such as open borders, an energy policy based on "Climate Change," attempts to deprive individuals of constitutional rights by circumventing the legislative process, social engineering within the military, etc. will weaken our nation, and those policies do in fact fail, then there is nothing wrong with issuing heartfelt "I told you so"s. Joe Biden's policies are failing across the board and the consequences of those policy failures are hitting average Americans with a vengeance. Biden's response? Proposing more spending on social welfare programs under false pretenses and begging OPEC to increase the production of crude oil to make up for this nation's declining oil production.

I honestly do not see how Democrats can avoid replacing Biden in the White House. Will that help? Probably not because Kamala Harris is even more liberal than Biden and almost as unpopular. She will not likely offer any effective solutions to the problems that Biden has created - more spending, more taxes, more misery, and less freedom.