Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass Football after 5 years in Lexington
24 consecutive wins, 12 running clocks, 10 shutouts, and 5 cancelled games. Not a bad run thus far in Lexington. 943-192 total points scored.
Speaks for itself!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Also 2 home losses in FD history. That’s an impressive number also.
(09-23-2021, 12:13 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Also 2 home losses in FD history. That’s an impressive number also.

Two 2018 to Scott Co. by 1 point in the playoffs and by 2 points last year to North Hardin.
And been favorite in everyone. I have ask this before and can't get an answer. What is FD biggest win over a good team?
I am not a FD follower, I just read that information and went back and looked at their win/ loss ratio. They have had several big wins I think, but that’s a good question. I would also like to know also. Also like to know if they think anyone can beat them this season at home, they are off to a good start.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!
Boyle County will beat them at home this year!
(09-23-2021, 12:33 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: And been favorite in everyone. I have ask this before and can't get an answer. What is FD biggest win over a good team?
They have Scott Co their only two losses in 12 games in 2019. They also beat a very good Lexington Catholic team in 2018 They beat Scott Co. by 18 in 2018 when they went on to the 6A title game. They beat a very good Owensboro team in 2019 in the State Semi-Final. This year they beat a very good Bryan Station team by double digits on the road to open the season. In 2020 they running clocked LCA who lost by 1 point to Beechwood in the 2A championship last year.
(09-23-2021, 01:11 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Boyle County will beat them at home this year!

I would say both teams have that game circled since the EKU 7x7s.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers
(09-23-2021, 12:33 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: And been favorite in everyone. I have ask this before and can't get an answer. What is FD biggest win over a good team?

(09-23-2021, 06:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 01:11 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Boyle County will beat them at home this year!

I forgot Boyle played them at FD this year, that will be a good one . Bull what happened at the 7x7, I wasn’t there?
(09-23-2021, 08:28 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

(09-23-2021, 06:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I forgot Boyle played them at FD this year, that will be a good one . Bull what happened at the 7x7, I wasn’t there?

It was......chippy.
I know they have to play the "city" schools, which have been awful in the last 5-7 yrs and have been since. Their district is weak and has been. They go outside those teams ie. NH, Cov Cath, Owensboro etc etc well that's a different story. They do produce great DI caliber student- athletes, just can't finish in the end.
Whatever makes you sleep better at night I guess...
(09-23-2021, 01:14 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 12:33 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: And been favorite in everyone. I have ask this before and can't get an answer. What is FD biggest win over a good team?
They have Scott Co their only two losses in 12 games in 2019. They also beat a very good Lexington Catholic team in 2018 They beat Scott Co. by 18 in 2018 when they went on to the 6A title game. They beat a very good Owensboro team in 2019 in the State Semi-Final. This year they beat a very good Bryan Station team by double digits on the road to open the season. In 2020 they running clocked LCA who lost by 1 point to Beechwood in the 2A championship last year.
OK I will give you 2018 Scott County when the school wasn't split, but Scott County beat them in the playoffs that year, and Owensboro. LCA is 2A so should have won easily and did. The Bryan Station is yet to be seen. This years version of Scott County had Bryan Station down 21-12 in the 4th Q,  and I here everyone saying Scott is down this year. So only 2 good wins in 5 yrs.

(09-23-2021, 01:06 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: I am not a FD follower, I just read that information and went back and looked at their win/ loss ratio.  They have had several big wins I think, but that’s a good question.  I would also like to know also.  Also like to know if they think anyone can beat them this season at home, they are off to a good start.
Talent wise no one should beat them. Seen were Scott County beat them in both Frosh and JV Monday, so either Scott County talent is up plus someone told me they start like 17 underclassmen on the Varsity, or FD's drops after this year or they bring some knew faces in which is not out of the question.
(09-23-2021, 10:44 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 01:14 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 12:33 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: And been favorite in everyone. I have ask this before and can't get an answer. What is FD biggest win over a good team?
OK I will give you 2018 Scott County when the school wasn't split, but Scott County beat them in the playoffs that year, and Owensboro. LCA is 2A so should have won easily and did. The Bryan Station is yet to be seen. This years version of Scott County had Bryan Station down 21-12 in the 4th Q,  and I here everyone saying Scott is down this year. So only 2 good wins in 5 yrs.

(09-23-2021, 01:06 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: I am not a FD follower, I just read that information and went back and looked at their win/ loss ratio.  They have had several big wins I think, but that’s a good question.  I would also like to know also.  Also like to know if they think anyone can beat them this season at home, they are off to a good start.
Talent wise no one should beat them. Seen were Scott County beat them in both Frosh and JV Monday, so either Scott County talent is up plus someone told me they start like 17 underclassmen on the Varsity, or FD's drops after this year or they bring some knew faces in which is not out of the question.
No doubt they will find new faces whether it be outside of their district or out of county. Which is a common practice for their program since day one.
FDU does whatever it takes to compete. Some programs just focus on what they have and dont win much. FDU just chooses to recruit. How much more does the coach make at FDU as compared to the other city schools head coaches? Is it same pay throughout the district or do all the schools have different salaries?
(09-23-2021, 11:26 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: FDU does whatever it takes to compete.  Some programs just focus on what they have and dont win much.  FDU just chooses to recruit.  How much more does the coach make at FDU as compared to the other city schools head coaches?  Is it same pay throughout the district or do all the schools have different salaries?
Same pay through out the district supposedly.
I can't wait for Boyle County to end the fun later this season.
(09-23-2021, 01:49 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I can't wait for Boyle County to end the fun later this season.
As a fan of Fayette County public and privates school sports follower, I hope BC takes them into the woodshed.
(09-23-2021, 08:28 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

(09-23-2021, 06:08 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I forgot Boyle played them at FD this year, that will be a good one .  Bull what happened at the 7x7, I wasn’t there?

Last play of the game, Jagger Gillis throwed a pass and as that pass was caught in the endzone for a touchdown, the ref blew the whistle I'm thinking for time expired and it didn't count. I watched a video of it. Troy Howell on Twitter: "Douglass holds on to eliminate Boyle County in a tense, heated game after Rebels’ TD is disallowed. Have to believe that the final regular season game between @FDouglassFB & @BCRebelFootball in October will be intense. Circle that game. https://t.co/EE02Lp0YI9" / Twitter
(09-23-2021, 03:16 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 01:49 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I can't wait for Boyle County to end the fun later this season.
As a fan of Fayette County public and privates school sports follower, I hope BC takes them into the woodshed.

lol that's funny I guess your statement should have said as a fan of FCPS and private schools sports follower (except for Douglass).

For some reason a lot of people have a problem with Douglass and who plays for them. However if anyone looks very closely at schools that are very successful year in and year out they all have something in common a lot of good players end of playing there. I have no problem with it at all. There is a lot of schools that have followers on here that boarder West Virginia or western Virginia that have had players move into their district to play a certain sport, just as some schools in northern Kentucky have players move from Ohio to play football or basketball. A perfect example is Boyle Co. Douglass opponent their last game of the year. A bit of info about that game both starting quarterbacks moved into their current schools, which is fine. It will be a great game to watch and help prepare both teams for the playoffs.

Finally, probably the reason you hope that Boyle takes Douglass to the woodshed as you said is because for the past 5 years Douglass has taken all of those Fayette public and private schools to the woodshed and you are not happy about it.

So I guess if this that you stated above is all. Then I guess the 2019 Scott Co. team that finished 10-2(only 2 losses were to Douglass) and outscored their opponents 520-218 was either not very good or played a very weak schedule. Also, if the LCA team that lost last year to Beechwood in the 2A final by one point does not count because they are 2A then Covington Cath. should have defeated Beechwood easily this year and with that argument 3A Belfry should not have lost by 29 points to a 1A team. If a team is very good it doesn't matter. I actually think both LCA and Beechwood and Boyle Co. could play with anyone in the state other than a couple of 6A teams. We all have opinions that is what makes people enjoy sites like this. I am not jealous of anyone as long as a school abides by the current rules more power to them. I admit I would like to see Douglass win a state title, but I am happier to be in the running each year and come up short than never be considered at all. Best of luck to your team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-23-2021, 08:51 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 03:16 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

lol that's funny I guess your statement should have said as a fan of FCPS and private schools sports follower (except for Douglass).

For some reason a lot of people have a problem with Douglass and who plays for them. However if anyone looks very closely at schools that are very successful year in and year out they all have something in common a lot of good players end of playing there. I have no problem with it at all. There is a lot of schools that have followers on here that boarder West Virginia or western Virginia that have had players move into their district to play a certain sport, just as some schools in northern Kentucky have players move from Ohio to play football or basketball. A perfect example is Boyle Co. Douglass opponent their last game of the year. A bit of info about that game both starting quarterbacks moved into their current schools, which is fine. It will be a great game to watch and help prepare both teams for the playoffs.

Finally, probably the reason you hope that Boyle takes Douglass  to the woodshed as you said is because for the past 5 years Douglass has taken all of those Fayette public and private schools to the woodshed and you are not happy about it.

So I guess if this that you stated above is all. Then I guess the 2019 Scott Co. team that finished 10-2(only 2 losses were to Douglass) and outscored their opponents 520-218 was either not  very good or played a very weak schedule. Also, if the LCA team that lost last year to Beechwood in the 2A final by one point does not count because they are 2A then Covington Cath. should have defeated Beechwood easily this year and with that argument 3A Belfry should not have lost by 29 points to a 1A team. If a team is very good it doesn't matter. I actually think both LCA and Beechwood and Boyle Co. could play with anyone in the state other than a couple of 6A teams. We all have opinions that is what makes people enjoy sites like this. I am not jealous of anyone as long as a school abides by the current rules more power to them. I admit I would like to see Douglass win a state title, but I am happier to be in the running each year and come up short than never be considered at all. Best of luck to your team.
On this particular evening, yeah you are correct, EXCEPT Douglass U. With the shady things you all get away with and having the district AD's backing, yup not on this Friday lol.. and again no one is jealous cause you all have not done anything, but beat on a weak public city and district foes.
I would hope since they recruit like a college
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFarmersMarket's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest