Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Projections
There is a lot of talk about the boys 14th region projections this year.  Who do you have for the girls and why?

My picks:

1. Letcher
2. Knott
3. Perry
4. Owsley
5. Leslie

Almost a repeat of last year in my opinion.  I think Letcher and Knott are a coin toss.  Both teams lost one starter.  Perry brings back some youth and plays hard.  Owsley has Lynch returning and some youth.  Leslie has a ton of talent but struggled to put it together last year.
Spot on Weatherman.
climate change baby, supy hoovy said somebody needz to slap some sense into you my friend.  Now we all be makin mistakes, but nobody going to predict Knott being in the same class as the croutons, wowza!  

#coldfrontmovinginlikeamutha  #hurricaineseasonisuponus   More mash taters please!!!

[Image:

]
1. Knott
2. Leslie
3. Letcher
4. Owsley
5. Powell
I think the 14th is a tossup region between three schools. There’s simply not a big distance between the talent and potential for a regional title between Knott, Owsley, and Letcher. Another two schools, Leslie and Perry, are not too far from being listed in this group but not hardly there. However, they are very capable of springing an upset of any of those 3.
(10-07-2021, 11:18 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I think the 14th is a tossup region between three schools. There’s simply not a big distance between the talent and potential for a regional title between Knott, Owsley, and Letcher. Another two schools, Leslie and Perry, are not too far from being listed in this group but not hardly there. However, they are very capable of springing an upset of any of those 3.
I believe Leslie beat Owsley in summer ball without 3 starters. I think Leslie is as good as anybody this year
I agree! Leslie is as good as anyone on paper
Its just to bad on paper dont always get it done. Just ask Hazards Volleyball team. LMAO
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
Heard Tincher left Jackson city today and went to Breathitt.
(10-19-2021, 11:31 AM)MountainBaller Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 11:18 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I think the 14th is a tossup region between three schools. There’s simply not a big distance between the talent and potential for a regional title between Knott, Owsley, and Letcher. Another two schools, Leslie and Perry, are not too far from being listed in this group but not hardly there. However, they are very capable of springing an upset of any of those 3.
I believe Leslie beat Owsley in summer ball without 3 starters. I think Leslie is as good as anybody this year

Leslie had everyone except Davidson who was still recovering from injury.  Owsley was actually without several players that day.  Had only 6 total if I remember correctly. Summer scores are non factors anyway when it comes to regular season.  Teams are 
missing players, play 2/3 games daily, 6-8 games a week.  Creates advantages for teams based on which factors come into play. 

With all that said I do agree Leslie will be very good this year.  1 of 5 teams that can beat anyone else on a given night.
I think a lot of people is over looking Estill. They only lost 1 from last year and she only averaged 1.5 ppg. They return one of the best players in region in Mia Hale along with several other key players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
I totally agree the 14th is a tossup this year but I don’t see Knott being a top 5 this year they lost there top player in the Mullins girl. They do have a lot of young talent I just don’t think they will be the team as they were in the past.They have to many players that compete among there selves an to many parents that want to coach from the stands the environment of that team is a mess.I’m leaning more to Letcher,Leslie,Perry,Owsley,Breathitt.
The most physically conditioned team will win the region this year. Whoever can go the hardest the longest. Gonna lean toward LCC and PCC.
(10-20-2021, 09:17 AM)Streetoutlaw Wrote:

Leslie had everyone except Davidson who was still recovering from injury.  Owsley was actually without several players that day.  Had only 6 total if I remember correctly. Summer scores are non factors anyway when it comes to regular season.  Teams are 
missing players, play 2/3 games daily, 6-8 games a week.  Creates advantages for teams based on which factors come into play. 

With all that said I do agree Leslie will be very good this year.  1 of 5 teams that can beat anyone else on a given night.
Leslie was without Davidson, Emily Napier, Emily Roark, all of summer ball. And Emily Bowling when they played Owsley and a big  chunk of the summer
(11-14-2021, 08:16 PM)MountainBaller Wrote:

Leslie was without Davidson, Emily Napier, Emily Roark, all of summer ball. And Emily Bowling when they played Owsley and a big  chunk of the summer
I don’t know what game you were watching.  Emily Bowling and Emma Napier were both on floor agianst Owsley.  Davidson was not.  

Not that it matters.  Summer ball means absolutely Zero.
(11-14-2021, 08:40 PM)Streetoutlaw Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 08:16 PM)MountainBaller Wrote:

I don’t know what game you were watching.  Emily Bowling and Emma Napier were both on floor agianst Owsley.  Davidson was not.  

Not that it matters.  Summer ball means absolutely Zero.
Emma Napier did play, but Emily Napier did not. Nor did Emily Bowling
Leslie County should have one of the best rebounding teams in the region. Physical team. That’s what makes them dangerous. They’ll have many rebounds on both ends of the floor, and offensive put-backs, too.
1. Knott (they won last year and lost 1 player, however she was very valuable player)
2. Leslie ( they return all 5 starters, and beat knott last year by quite a bit)
3. Letcher (only really have Kaylee Banks, she will have to step up and be a leader this year)
4. Perry ( Lexie mullins is a deadly 3 point shooter)
5. Breathitt ( Breana Tincher transferring their really will help them )
6. Powell( people rlly under look them, they’re tough)
7.Estill( Mia Hale is very good, and definitely underrated)
8.Owsley ( only have Lynch really )
9 and 10 is a toss Buckhorn and Wolfe
(12-11-2021, 03:00 PM)14thregionman1 Wrote: 1. Knott (they won last year and lost 1 player, however she was very valuable player)
2. Leslie ( they return all 5 starters, and beat knott last year by quite a bit)
3. Letcher (only really have Kaylee Banks, she will have to step up and be a leader this year)
4. Perry ( Lexie mullins is a deadly 3 point shooter)
5. Breathitt ( Breana Tincher transferring their really will help them )
6. Powell( people rlly under look them, they’re tough)
7.Estill( Mia Hale is very good, and definitely underrated)
8.Owsley ( only have Lynch really )
9 and 10 is a toss Buckhorn and Wolfe
You state that the Lady Owls “Only have Lynch, really”.
So returning sophomore Carly Smith, who averaged 17 ppg last year and was picked by Elite as the 5th best player in this year’s region, isn’t worthy of a mention. And Addison Terry, who won a Rising Star award this year as an eighth grader (and also had a 27 point game in a 20 point win over Clay Co recently…..a game that Lynch didn’t not play in, isn’t any help to the team, according to you. 
Owsley is 1-4. Opened up with a 7 point loss at a Perry Dec 3 and afterwards have had to sit out 4 starters in three losses. Unlike bigger schools who have more depth, missing 4 starters for one of the losses and three starters for two of the others, losses were very likely going to happen when considering all were road games and against teams like Jackson Co and West Carter. The JBS loss was in OT and with 6 players in uniform and 2 of them 7th graders. 
Owsley will be fine. They have their entire team back now. They are most definitely much higher on a region top 10 list than 8th, which is what you have placed them on your rankings. This team will be fine and in good shape for for a run at defending their All A Region title as well as a 3rd straight district championship.
I agree with Lookyanner. Owsley is a very good team. Very dangerous. Nobody will want to draw them in the region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER