Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
37.50%
Williamsburg
62.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Somerset @ Williamsburg 9/24
Class 2A Somerset (1-4) will travel to Class 1A Williamsburg (2-1)

Somerset wins: Covid 1-0
            losses: Lincoln County 50-20, Beechwood 49-0, Paintsville 33-6, Corbin 52-6

Williamsburg wins: Oneida (TN) 50-21, Leslie County 62-14
                 losses: Middlesboro 60-28

Thoughts?
Somerset has played a tough schedule this year. Williamsburg been off 2 weeks . This should be a good one

Williamsburg 42
Somerset 35
Williamsburg 35-14
In a pillow fight…

Fluffy Bunnies - 35
Orange Jackets - 34
This game perplexes me. You’d like to think that Somerset finally gets a team they could play somewhat evenly matched with but I just don’t see points getting scored enough to compete with Williamsburg. Defensively, Somerset maybe gets a break from the powerhouses they’ve faced.

Williamsburg 31
Somerset 6
I'm taken Somerset. Williamsburg struggles with run. Bailey a really good back. Somerset defense has played 2 beast. Paintsville did not run over somerset. Somerset beat Somerset. 4 fumbles 2 picks. They moved the ball well, just gave it away. I feel they're defense and speed is good enough to play the burg. They will get pressure. If Somerset stay mentally focused they win this. They have seen better receivers from Beechwood and Corbin. They're getting better in spots. Big backs kill Somerset with size, which burg don't have, and burg usually sloppy when they sit out 2 weeks. 28-21 Jumpers. If I'm wrong I'll take my crow with sweet baby rays.
I am taking the burg
Williamsburg by a few scores.  Somerset is really down this year and I don’t see it getting any better this week.
(09-19-2021, 06:58 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: I'm taken Somerset. Williamsburg struggles with run. Bailey a really good back. Somerset defense has played 2 beast. Paintsville did not run over somerset. Somerset beat Somerset. 4 fumbles 2 picks. They moved the ball well, just gave it away. I feel they're defense and speed is good enough to play the burg. They will get pressure. If Somerset stay mentally focused they win this. They have seen better receivers from Beechwood and Corbin. They're getting better in spots. Big backs kill Somerset with size, which burg don't have, and burg usually sloppy when they sit out 2 weeks. 28-21 Jumpers. If I'm wrong I'll take my crow with sweet baby rays.

I wonder what the turnover count for the season is for Somerset? Gotta be absurd. Also, Williamsburg might have been off but team health could be a factor. I know the running back is out for Somerset, but who else will they miss?
(09-19-2021, 08:21 PM)GreyStoke Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 06:58 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: I'm taken Somerset. Williamsburg struggles with run. Bailey a really good back. Somerset defense has played 2 beast. Paintsville did not run over somerset. Somerset beat Somerset. 4 fumbles 2 picks. They moved the ball well, just gave it away. I feel they're defense and speed is good enough to play the burg. They will get pressure. If Somerset stay mentally focused they win this. They have seen better receivers from Beechwood and Corbin. They're getting better in spots. Big backs kill Somerset with size, which burg don't have, and burg usually sloppy when they sit out 2 weeks. 28-21 Jumpers. If I'm wrong I'll take my crow with sweet baby rays.

I wonder what the turnover count for the season is for Somerset? Gotta be absurd. Also, Williamsburg might have been off but team health could be a factor. I know the running back is out for Somerset, but who else will they miss?
Doan been out since 1st or 2nd game, out for year. Badly has been the rb this season. Yes a fresh team is, but can have a sloppy start. I don't even want the job of tracking they're turnovers. Lol. I just think it's a good match up for then, but if the blow It it's probably they're only chance at a win this season. It's my upset puck this week. Lol
(09-19-2021, 05:42 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote: In a pillow fight…

Fluffy Bunnies - 35
Orange Jackets - 34

I have about cracked up lol. What about in a pillow fight. Your hilarious!

Williamsburg 28
Somerset 27

Somerset's defense can't slow the Williamsburg passing game down.
(09-20-2021, 01:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Somerset's defense can't slow the Williamsburg passing game down.
Hey its a upset pick, and apparently with bad spelling. Lol I know the bugs passing game, but also think this is Somersets best shot.
Williamsburg 28
Somerset 21
It’s at the Burg so 35-28 jackets, but as I said earlier The Jumper kids never quit fighting against Corbin, this score could end up flipped in the end. I think this will be a good game, Somerset kids playing with heart they want to win this could be their Huckleberry.
Hmmm!!! May just go to this one!!