Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
14.29%
West Carter
85.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shelby Valley @ West Carter 9/24
Class 2A Shelby Valley (2-2) will travel to Class 2A West Carter (2-2)

Shelby Valley wins: Pike County Central 59-32, Floyd Central 16-14
                  losses: Letcher County Central 50-13, North Laurel 42-7

West Carter wins: Fleming County 6-0, East Carter 22-16
               losses: Rowan County 23-21, Raceland 21-0

Thoughts?
Barn burner
West Carter 21
Shelby Valley 20
If you would've asked me before the season who I thought was the two favorites to win 2A district 8, I would've said that it would've came down to this game Friday night. It still may, but the gap that was there between these two teams and everyone else in the district last year has closed dramatically. Prestonsburg and Martin County are right there with these two teams this year, IMO.

I think West Carter's offense is just good enough to compliment their defense to control and win this game. Shelby Valley has been wildly inconsistent almost every game and they struggle with physical teams. I think they've really missed Lincoln Billiter so far this season. Hopefully that guy can get back healthy soon.

Should be a good game and it honestly wouldn't surprise me to see Shelby Valley come away with the win, but IMO they'll need to put together their most complete game of the season to do so.

Comets win, 28-18.
West Carter 24-21
West Carter was playing short handed in the game against Fleming County. I think their coach said about 26 or 27 in uniform out of the 42 on the team. I would say West Carter is more than 6 points better than Fleming County.
West Carter wins in a close one. Home field plays big Friday night. Shelby Valley has been hit and miss this season but if plays their A game they could leave there with the win.
West Carter by a few scores.
West Carter by 14