Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
12.50%
Middlesboro
87.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breathitt County @ Middlesboro 9/24
Class 2A Breathitt County (0-4) will travel to Class 2A Middlesboro (5-0)

Breathitt County losses: Paul Laurence Dunbar 69-28, North Laurel 34-12, Covid 1-0, Perry County Central 43-36

Middlesboro wins: Hazard 22-20, Williamsburg 60-28, Covid 1-0, Lynn Camp 34-0, Harlan 44-6

Thoughts?
Middlesboro 35-14
Middlesboro 42-21
I've read on here that Breathitt hasn't had its full team yet and all that stuff so I have no idea.
I do know the last few seasons Breathitt has been the better team overall. This yr im just gonna say I think Middlesboro is.
In saying that I'm gonna say Middlesboro wins 41-20, just based on whats happened so far this season.
Jackets by 3+ scores.
Jackets 50-24, boro should score so much so quickly the jacket defense has to give up some scores cause they are out on the field the whole time
Crater Bees - 45
Bobcats - 13
Breathitt gonna get a W. Boro a little over rated.
Breathitt 35
Middlesboro 27
Middlesboro looking for #6
MBoro beat Covid ; Breathitt with a loss to Covid. A team that defeats Covid is pretty good in my book. I'm going with the Jackets.
i love middlesboro football more than anyone with that said breathitt gets the win its a mental thing our kids dont think they can win and the name breathitt co scares us to death breathitt by 14 i hope im wrong go jackets
M'boro wins, 34-26.

Should be a great game.
(09-20-2021, 12:08 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: i love middlesboro football more than anyone with that said breathitt gets the win its a mental thing our kids dont think they can win and the name breathitt co scares us to death breathitt by 14 i hope im wrong go jackets

You're just a waterboy is why you think Coach French is afraid of a bobcat.
(09-20-2021, 01:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 12:08 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: i love middlesboro football more than anyone with that said breathitt gets the win its a mental thing our kids dont think they can win and the name breathitt co scares us to death breathitt by 14 i hope im wrong go jackets

coach french is not scared of nick saban but coach freach is not out there playing several time we had the better team when playing LCA but that name had our kids thinking they couldnt win and we didnt
(09-20-2021, 12:08 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: i love middlesboro football more than anyone with that said breathitt gets the win its a mental thing our kids dont think they can win and the name breathitt co scares us to death breathitt by 14 i hope im wrong 
So you honestly don't think that this particular team this season which is 5-0 and ranked 4th in the state in 2A is going to be scared of a winless Breathitt County team LOL...cmon man.  The only Bobcats in Middlesboros heads are the ones on Log Mountain.   
Breathitt way win but it won't be because Middlesboro was scared.

(09-20-2021, 02:06 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:

coach french is not scared of nick saban but coach freach is not out there playing several time we had the better team when playing LCA but that name had our kids thinking they couldnt win and we didnt
Exactly when was it that Middlesboro was better than LCA sure wasn't in the last 10 yrs maybe I missed something.

(09-20-2021, 10:24 PM)tazcat Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 12:08 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: i love middlesboro football more than anyone with that said breathitt gets the win its a mental thing our kids dont think they can win and the name breathitt co scares us to death breathitt by 14 i hope im wrong 
So you honestly don't think that this particular team this season which is 5-0 and ranked 4th in the state in 2A is going to be scared of a winless Breathitt County team LOL...cmon man.  The only Bobcats in Middlesboros heads are the ones on Log Mountain.   
Breathitt way win but it won't be because Middlesboro was scared.

Exactly when was it that Middlesboro was better than LCA sure wasn't in the last 10 yrs maybe I missed something.
Breathitt is winless and looks terrible, surely french is ecstatic that he gets to play the breathitt bobcats rather than the bell co bobcats. There’s no way they are fearing this team. They almost knocked them off last year and may have if not for covid break out in the playoffs. This is the boro year to beat up the district and cruise to an easy record until they meet the beasts of 2A.
Could go either way. Being at Middlesboro I predict the home team by 6. But I hope I am wrong.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

[-] The following 1 user Likes Poseidon's post:
  • wolfcat
If I'm not mistaken, Breathitt had a full compliment of players against Perry Central. O'hara which was one of their best players went down early in the second quarter with a season ending knee injury. Covid did play a role during the first two games of the year, but that wasn't the issue against PCC. The 3-4 defense, isn't working for the Bobcats, and any team who runs a power formation, will have a lot of success in the run game. As far as offensively, Breathitt struggles to run the ball, outside of Turner and the passing game has been inconsistent with too many drops. Breathitt has some talented kids, but something just seems off this year. As far as Middlesboro, I don't think they have beat any one of note, but they look to be the favorites in the District at this time. They look to be explosive offensively and their defense seems to be solid. With that being said, I think the Yellow Jackets get it done at home. I hope I am wrong, but I haven't seen anything so far out of this Bobcat team that would make me think otherwise. Middlesboro wins 45-32.
[-] The following 3 users Like Cat Daddy's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Poseidon, wolfcat
Middlesboro by a lot
Breathitt needs to throw to the 6'6 TE more on short routes and stop trying for HRs all the time and going 3 and out. The Hoskins kids can get you 5 or 10 a catch all day long. BHS wastes a lot of plays. Dont have to run a 4.6 when your 6'6. And Hoskins has great hands and runs good enough.
I have been very disappointed in my Bobcats this year. I thought they would be a top 5 team in 2a with the talent on their roster but they haven't played anywhere near potential. I don't think the necessary adjustments have been made to better suit their players strengths either.

In my opinion Middlesboro is somewhat overrated as I dont see them as a Top 10 team.
Bteathitt may keep it close for the 1st half but Jackets pull away.

Jackets 44
Bobcats 26
(09-21-2021, 11:59 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Breathitt needs to throw to the 6'6 TE more on short routes and stop trying for HRs all the time and going 3 and out.  The Hoskins kids can get you 5 or 10 a catch all day long.  BHS wastes a lot of plays.  Dont have to run a 4.6 when your 6'6.  And Hoskins has great hands and runs good enough.
I agree. Hoskins needs more balls thrown his way. He is too big and athletic not be utilized. Also, I would either play him with his hand in the dirt in a 4/3 scheme, or put him at middle linebacker, especially against a run heavy team. The kid is a player and he has nastiness about him that you want in a football player.
I have a feeling that breathitt is about to go on a winning streak and make a run deep in Playoffs
(09-21-2021, 08:01 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, Breathitt had a full compliment of players against Perry Central. O'hara which was one of their best players went down early in the second quarter with a season ending knee injury. Covid did play a role during the first two games of the year, but that wasn't the issue against PCC. The 3-4 defense, isn't working for the Bobcats, and any team who runs a power formation, will have a lot of success in the run game. As far as offensively, Breathitt struggles to run the ball, outside of Turner and the passing game has been inconsistent with too many drops. Breathitt has some talented kids, but something just seems off this year. As far as Middlesboro, I don't think they have beat any one of note, but they look to be the favorites in the District at this time. They look to be explosive offensively and their defense seems to be solid. With that being said, I think the Yellow Jackets get it done at home. I hope I am wrong, but I haven't seen anything so far out of this Bobcat team that would make me think otherwise. Middlesboro wins 45-32.

there is a lot of drops from Breathitt receivers. But the QB only throws to 2 and they are always long balls. The TE is constantly open and 98% of the time catches everything thrown his way. Need to go to him more. 
What college does Charles Ginny Collins go to?
I think that running the ball is the strength of this Bobcat team. The problem is they do not do enough of it. They get 7-8 yards a rush and then pass the ball 10 times in a row. God forbid they complete a pass downfield, that means abandoning a run game that is productive and consistent. Defense is not good and the 3-4 is not working because the ends get or the olb are not containing. Been that way for years though. Still time to improve though. Go Bobcats!

(09-21-2021, 12:18 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 11:59 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Breathitt needs to throw to the 6'6 TE more on short routes and stop trying for HRs all the time and going 3 and out.  The Hoskins kids can get you 5 or 10 a catch all day long.  BHS wastes a lot of plays.  Dont have to run a 4.6 when your 6'6.  And Hoskins has great hands and runs good enough.
I agree. Hoskins needs more balls thrown his way. He is too big and athletic not be utilized. Also, I would either play him with his hand in the dirt in a 4/3 scheme, or put him at middle linebacker, especially against a run heavy team. The kid is a player and he has nastiness about him that you want in a football player.
Breathitt needs to get rid of that 3-4. It is crazy running a 3-4 against a power running team unless you have a stud at nose guard.
(09-22-2021, 12:31 PM)wolfcat Wrote:
Breathitt needs to get rid of that 3-4. It is crazy running a 3-4 against a power running team unless you have a stud at nose guard.

Not saying anything bad about the Hoskins kid but he is not fast enough to play MLB.  Maybe an DE or DT.  He is built well and does need to be utilized properly but where that is I dunno.

(09-22-2021, 04:45 PM)Poseidon Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 12:31 PM)wolfcat Wrote:

Not saying anything bad about the Hoskins kid but he is not fast enough to play MLB.  Maybe an DE or DT.  He is built well and does need to be utilized properly but where that is I dunno.

I think he would be better suited at DE in a 4-3.