Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
15.09%
LCA
84.91%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pikeville @ LCA 9/24
I like LCA by 3 scores.
Pikeville by 3
Great test for the Panther Defense who has not allowed a team to start in their own territory and score. All points scored against the PHS defense have been on short fields or special teams.

Paintsville- onside short field, KR for TD, INT short field

Letcher- miscue on a snap in punt formation short field

Wheelersburg- INT short field

Belfry- shutout

If the Pikeville offense can eat some clock & sustain drives, and the defense continues to play well enough to slow LCA down, there will be an opportunity for an upset.

However, if PHS does not come to play, LCA is too good not to take advantage.
[-] The following 2 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, PHS DYNASTY
I'm pulling for my fellow mountain team but I think LCA puts a running clock on the Panthers about half way thru 3rd.

LCA 49
Pikeville 14
Too much speed too much talent.

I think both these teams will be hoisting their respective classes trophy come December.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • Tigerallamerican
(09-19-2021, 08:59 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I think it will take a monumental effort for Pikeville to win but it would
Not shock me.
Exactly how I feel. If the game was at Pikeville and the Panthers had Carson Wright back I would pick Pikeville and be telling everyone to bring a huge sack of money to the game lol. Tall task at LCA is putting it mildly, I just can't wait to see them on their home field again...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(09-22-2021, 12:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 08:59 PM)2000PHS Wrote: I think it will take a monumental effort for Pikeville to win but it would
Not shock me.
Exactly how I feel. If the game was at Pikeville and the Panthers had Carson Wright back I would pick Pikeville and be telling everyone to bring a huge sack of money to the game lol. Tall task at LCA is putting it mildly, I just can't wait to see them on their home field again...
Shouldn't be much longer that Carson wright will be suited up. He's a difference maker and should be ready just in time for the playoffs.. I think the Paintsville game was the last home game for the Panthers. Don't understand though why Panthers have to travel to LCA again this year. You would think this game would be at Hambley.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-22-2021, 01:43 AM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
Not shock me.
Shouldn't be much longer that Carson wright will be suited up. He's a difference maker and should be ready just in time for the playoffs.. I think the Paintsville game was the last home game for the Panthers. Don't understand though why Panthers have to travel to LCA again this year. You would think this game would be at Hambley.
I agree. Pikeville gets the giant balls trophy for going to LCA two years in a row. Paintsville...oh he!! never mind.
Pikeville is going from August until October between home games. Find another team in the country doing that and get back to me. The good news is when they get back home for the playoff run it will be very exciting and visiting teams are going to get trampled lol...
(09-22-2021, 03:11 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Not shock me.
I agree. Pikeville gets the giant balls trophy for going to LCA two years in a row. Paintsville...oh he!! never mind.
Pikeville is going from August until October between home games. Find another team in the country doing that and get back to me. The good news is when they get back home for the playoff run it will be very exciting and visiting teams are going to get trampled lol...
Pikeville definitely owns the golden Balls of 1a, Paintsville won’t accept a game 2 miles away would rather set on the couch Friday night I guarantee if pikeville had a open week the panthers would travel down 23 and play Johnson central. That’s why pikeville will run the table in 1a they thrive in big games because they’ve been there. Won’t be a shock if they leave lex with a W either.
I like Pikeville and they are definitely a very good football team. Not saying they can't but just don't think they will.
(09-22-2021, 03:55 AM)Gold River Wrote:
Not shock me.
Pikeville definitely owns the golden Balls of 1a, Paintsville won’t accept a game 2 miles away would rather set on the couch Friday night I guarantee if pikeville had a open week the panthers would travel down 23 and play Johnson central. That’s why pikeville will run the table in 1a they thrive in big games because they’ve been there. Won’t be a shock if they leave lex with a W either.
This is a Pikeville thread so I’ll keep it at a minimum with the JC/Paintsville talk. There’s about 10 reasons this game isn’t played and “scared” isn’t one of them. Paintsville played freaking Fredrick Douglas a few years back.
It will take a HUGE effort for the Panthers to win this one on the road against a machine like LCA, but if the "Big Dawg" D can slow them down, then it could happen.
HAIL PIKEVILLE !!!!
I see where LCA will not be playing the #1 team in 1A now as Pikeville is now rated #2…. May be hard for some to understand, but it is what it is…. I am sure LCA would rather beat #1 instead of #2…LCA by at least 3 scores…
(09-22-2021, 01:07 PM)BlueSky Wrote: I see where LCA will not be playing the #1 team in 1A now as Pikeville is now rated #2…. May be hard for some to understand, but it is what it is…. I am sure LCA would rather beat #1 instead of #2…LCA by at least 3 scores…
Pikeville is #1 in Class A in the AP. LCA is #2 in AA in the AP.
(09-22-2021, 01:07 PM)BlueSky Wrote: I see where LCA will not be playing the #1 team in 1A now as Pikeville is now rated #2…. May be hard for some to understand, but it is what it is…. I am sure LCA would rather beat #1 instead of #2…LCA by at least 3 scores…
Pikeville #1 Calpreps #11 overall...#1 Cantrall #15 overall...#1 AP...I think it is you who doesn't understand.
RPI remains a pretty poor indicator in many ways.
(09-22-2021, 11:14 AM)2000PHS Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 12:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Exactly how I feel. If the game was at Pikeville and the Panthers had Carson Wright back I would pick Pikeville and be telling everyone to bring a huge sack of money to the game lol. Tall task at LCA is putting it mildly, I just can't wait to see them on their home field again...
This is a Pikeville thread so I’ll keep it at a minimum with the JC/Paintsville talk. There’s about 10 reasons this game isn’t played and “scared” isn’t one of them. Paintsville played freaking Fredrick Douglas a few years back.

That's not really a very good argument.   Painstville played Freddy 2018, in their second year of existence.  The previous season Freddy was good, but they had been blown out by eventual 2A champion Danville 36-0 and were twice beaten soundly by Scott County.  Yes, they won their other games, but they had a few other somewhat close games.  So basically they were not the Freddy of today.  And yes, they played Freddy, but they were absolutely pounded 57-7.  I noticed they haven't played Freddy since.  If they had, maybe your argument might have been sound.

As far as Pikeville vs LCA, I hope Pikeville goes down to Lexington and pounds LCA.   Maybe they will.  Props to them for playing the game.  They could have taken the easy way out and cancelling the game.  It's obvious they are intimidated, and they are going down there to win the game.  Props to them as well for continuing to play their in county rival all those years when their rival was dominating year in and year out.  It's good to see Pikeville starting to get wins in that rivalry again.
(09-22-2021, 04:13 PM)Westside Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 01:43 AM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: Shouldn't be much longer that Carson wright will be suited up. He's a difference maker and should be ready just in time for the playoffs.. I think the Paintsville game was the last home game for the Panthers. Don't understand though why Panthers have to travel to LCA again this year. You would think this game would be at Hambley.

That's not really a very good argument.   Painstville played Freddy 2018, in their second year of existence.  The previous season Freddy was good, but they had been blown out by eventual 2A champion Danville 36-0 and were twice beaten soundly by Scott County.  Yes, they won their other games, but they had a few other somewhat close games.  So basically they were not the Freddy of today.  And yes, they played Freddy, but they were absolutely pounded 57-7.  I noticed they haven't played Freddy since.  If they had, maybe your argument might have been sound.

As far as Pikeville vs LCA, I hope Pikeville goes down to Lexington and pounds LCA.   Maybe they will.  Props to them for playing the game.  They could have taken the easy way out and cancelling the game.  It's obvious they are intimidated, and they are going down there to win the game.  Props to them as well for continuing to play their in county rival all those years when their rival was dominating year in and year out.  It's good to see Pikeville starting to get wins in that rivalry again.
It’s an excellent argument. You are just a hater for whatever reason. Anytime a 1A schools schedules a 6A school it’s a tall task outside of some of the terrible bottom feeders in 6A.  Paintsville’s schedule this year was being highly praised by many on here (even the most vocal of critics) when the season started. It is a very tough schedule for a small 1A school.
(09-22-2021, 04:58 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 03:11 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I agree. Pikeville gets the giant balls trophy for going to LCA two years in a row. Paintsville...oh he!! never mind.

It’s an excellent argument. You are just a hater for whatever reason. Anytime a 1A schools schedules a 6A school it’s a tall task outside of some of the terrible bottom feeders in 6A.  Paintsville’s schedule this year was being highly praised by many on here (even the most vocal of critics) when the season started. It is a very tough schedule for a small 1A school.
So, because I stated your argument wasn't very good I am a hater?  Why hasn't Paintsville played Douglass since the blowout.  Rescheduling them would prove they were not scared.  Have they tried to play them again?   Did Douglass think another game against Paintsville would be a waste because they provided little competition?  I am honestly curious.
Sounds like you should be cloudy skies instead of blue skies because it seems you have some hate in you. Pikeville is still #1 in the polls but #2 in RPI but which every one your heart desires is fine.as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(09-22-2021, 05:13 PM)Westside Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 03:55 AM)Gold River Wrote: Pikeville definitely owns the golden Balls of 1a, Paintsville won’t accept a game 2 miles away would rather set on the couch Friday night I guarantee if pikeville had a open week the panthers would travel down 23 and play Johnson central. That’s why pikeville will run the table in 1a they thrive in big games because they’ve been there. Won’t be a shock if they leave lex with a W either.

So, because I stated your argument wasn't very good I am a hater?  Why hasn't Paintsville played Douglass since the blowout.  Rescheduling them would prove they were not scared.  Have they tried to play them again?   Did Douglass think another game against Paintsville would be a waste because they provided little competition?  I am honestly curious.
It would be pointless for both parties. Is that really hard to understand?
And yes, everyone on here knows that if you disagree with me, you are a hater! Haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Westside
(09-22-2021, 05:39 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 11:14 AM)2000PHS Wrote: This is a Pikeville thread so I’ll keep it at a minimum with the JC/Paintsville talk. There’s about 10 reasons this game isn’t played and “scared” isn’t one of them. Paintsville played freaking Fredrick Douglas a few years back.

And yes, everyone on here knows that if you disagree with me, you are a hater! Haha
Paintsville plays a patty cake schedule every year. The ultimate sissy thing of the decade was when Paintsville canceled the LCA game last year just to reschedule
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gold River's post:
  • Westside
^ Dude we get it. You aren’t a fan.

Now back to the Pikeville vs LCA game. Pikeville has to win the turnover margin by at least two and control the clock. I can see a game that’s not decided until the 4th.
(09-21-2021, 11:52 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I'm pulling for my fellow mountain team but I think LCA puts a running clock on the Panthers about half way thru 3rd.

LCA 49
Pikeville 14
Too much speed too much talent.

I think both these teams will be hoisting their respective classes trophy come Decembe

NO WAY this game goes to a running clock. Cal Preps projects a 28-14 game on a neutral field. Pikeville played at their place last year  and
just shot themselves in the foot. Pikeville lost ONE player off that defense and even less offensively, so essentially its the same team as last
year with just more experience. Having Carson Wright back would certainly help, but give this defense some credit guys, NOBODY has been able to move the ball on them all year. This will be a good test and PHS could absolutely go down there and LAY AN EGG but i just dont see it.
Pikeville has the best offensive line LCA has faced this year to date and this game has the possibility of being a GREAT ONE.
That being said PIKEVILLE 28 LCA 27. Special teams and turnovers will decide this one.

Does Bluegrass Rivals offer drug tests to their posters? I bet you actually schedule the games for KCD.
(09-22-2021, 05:39 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 11:14 AM)2000PHS Wrote: This is a Pikeville thread so I’ll keep it at a minimum with the JC/Paintsville talk. There’s about 10 reasons this game isn’t played and “scared” isn’t one of them. Paintsville played freaking Fredrick Douglas a few years back.

I disagree with you just to be doing it. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • 2000PHS
I did learn today that a Pikeville, Beechwood, Somerset, and Knox Central schedule is patty cake for a class A school. Also note that these games are scheduled 2 years out for the most part.

I did learn today that a Pikeville, Beechwood, Somerset, and Knox Central schedule is patty cake for a class A school. Also note that these games are scheduled
Really anxious to see how the Panthers compete in this game. I felt like last year when they got behind to LCA and things didn’t go there way they laid down and didn’t show much toughness or fight. And I think later in the year that translated to exactly what you saw in the Hazard playoff loss……some things go bad and kids panic. How’s it gonna be Fri night? Are the leaders gonna fight and show some guts if things go bad or are we gonna wilt under some stress? I’ll learn a lot about this team Fri night, win or lose by their actions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Patriot1
2000 PHS I think Paintsville played a good schedule (and you know I am not a hater) and really thought that was a good thing they did the first game of the season when they could have not played until the 3rd week but they made the choice. Always love the going back and forth in this matchups but never going to hate on anything may not answer some things but never hate. As always GO PANTHERS
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • 2000PHS, jetpilot
I’m thinking LCA wins but they come out of this game happy Pikeville is in 1A.

35-27
(09-22-2021, 05:18 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
Sounds like you should be cloudy skies instead of blue skies because it seems you have some hate in you. Pikeville is still #1 in the polls but #2 in RPI but which every one your heart desires is fine.as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Someone just told me LCA is also a #2…. WOW… just shows you how messed up this rating really is!!! Having Pikeville and LCA .. a # 2 is crazy… does the RPI count the most in the playoffs, if so it needs to be changed!!!!
Can’t wait for this one!!!