Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
15.09%
LCA
84.91%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pikeville @ LCA 9/24
#1 in Class 1A Pikeville (5-0) will travel to #1 in Class 2A Lexington Christian Academy (5-0)

Pikeville wins: Paintsville 43-21, Covid 1-0, Letcher County Central 48-7, Wheelersburg, OH 20-7, Belfry 29-0

LCA wins: Madison Central 21-12, Boyle County 35-28, Covid 1-0, Christian Academy of Louisville 37-14, Lexington Catholic 43-7

These are the Titans of there respected classes.  Both teams looking to hoist a State Championship Trophy at the end of the year. 

Thoughts?
This is Game of the Week in my opinion. Tops in each class. Size , athletes on both sides of the ball. Depth for both teams. I’m picking LCA. It’s a home game plus I believe they are the better team. If they are not on their A game Pikeville has all the tools to leave Lexington with a victory
My question isn't who is going to win this game. My question is can Pikeville keep Lexington Christian from putting a running clock on them. I don't think they can. I hope I am wrong.
LCA will win this game comfortably!!
LCA 49-14
The team with the head coach that is a Pikeville grad will win this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Cobraxx
I would be willing to say that outside of Male, St X, maybe Trinity...maybe and possibly Corbin that LCA and Beechwood are as good or better than anybody else in the state regardless of Class
Pikeville is for sure solid and my pick to win Class A its just a different animal playing the top 2 in 2A right now
LCA 56
Pikeville 21
[-] The following 2 users Like tazcat's post:
  • cuppett777, Iggyfan
Pikeville is a great football team but I think the Eagles will be too much for them to handle...
LCA 49
Pikeville 14
LCA 35-14
LCA will be too much for the Panthers this season but hopefully the Panthers can keep it competitive.

I will be anxious too see how the Panthers match up with Madison Central the following week.

These next 2 weeks will pay dividends later in the season when Pikeville is playing in the playoffs.
Private - 41
Public - 27
Pikeville will score points but they will have their hands full. Also, Pikeville will learn more from this game than most they’ll play.

LCA 45
Pikeville 21
This should be an exciting game. This game may be closer than some think. Lexington Christian Academy has been leaning on the running game early this season. It has done its damage against solid teams. I think they will actually have to throw the ball a little more this game than they want too. Pikeville has a pretty solid run defense. But hopefully this one is on prepspin so I can watch some while at the Hazard game Friday.
I'm hoping Pikeville can pull it together on Friday,it's a big task. 35-28 LCA win just because I'm hoping Pikeville for a upset. LCA has gave up points, and pikeville can score on them. It's a matter of slowing down the offense. Yes big dreams for that upset,but stranger things have happened.
LCA-42
Pikeville-21

(09-19-2021, 06:07 PM)bac2369 Wrote: This should be an exciting game. This game may be closer than some think. Lexington Christian Academy has been leaning on the running game early this season. It has done its damage against solid teams. I think they will actually have to throw the ball a little more this game than they want too. Pikeville has a pretty solid run defense. But hopefully this one is on prepspin so I can watch some while at the Hazard game Friday.

They've had to run because their QB has been hurt and their WR1 has been taking the snaps. Lexington Catholic was Nieves' first game back and he threw it all over them. They are far from one dimensional.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
I think it will take a monumental effort for Pikeville to win but it would
Not shock me.
[-] The following 2 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
Good luck to Pikeville, I will be pulling for the Mountain team.

LCA 35
Pikeville 28
This should be a good ballgame!! I honestly think it could go either way.

Pikeville with the upset 32-28
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoR_58's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
After seeing who LCA has beat and the scores of those games, I feel comfortable saying LCA 49-21. Xavier Brown will be the best athlete on the field and the best Pikeville sees all season.
This will be a challenge for these Panthers but games like this is what you play for. More than likely Pikeville will be a big underdog in this game but that should make them more hungry for sure. Do your jobs Panthers and can’t have no mistakes if you do it will cost you. Play your game do your job and everything will work out. For my pick I am picking the Panthers because I won’t go against them. Give it your all every play and you better not let up on one play or like I said before it will cost you. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
LCA 48
Pikeville 14
Pikeville is going to get humbled in this one. LCA wins via running clock.
LCA is just too much for Pikeville... Eagles win, 38-14.
LCA is very good, and will probably win this one but they wont just show up and blow pikeville out. I’ll take LCA 31-21
I certainly don't think it will get to a running clock, but LCA will win by more than two scores. LCA is a machine this year and on a mission and Pikeville won't be able to handle them. 42-14- LCA.
I love the posts by Clay and Badman, that alone is worth a couple TDs for Pikeville...
  • PHS DYNASTY
  • PHS DYNASTY
Anybody know of a live stream for this one? I'll be pulling for the Panthers, but LCA is a juggernaut right now.
In my opinion, LCA is a top five team in the state this year. Pikeville is no doubt the favorite in 1A and is very talented, but LCA has too many horses in their stable. LCA has size, speed, and experience and in the end, I don't see Pikeville playing with them past the first half. LCA runs away with this game in the second half and wins by a score of 45-14.