Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
100.00%
Fort Campbell
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield @ Fort Campbell 9/24
Class 2A Mayfield (5-0) will travel to Class 2A Fort Campbell (0-4)

Mayfield wins: Graves County 35-21, Hopkinsville 21-3, Paducah Tilghman 42-28, McCracken County 32-14, Calloway County 56-13

Fort Campbell losses: Covid 0-1, Covid 0-1, Trigg County 48-16, Fort Knox 40-0

Thoughts?
Fort Campbell will not score period.
Mayfield 49+
Fort Campbell 00
Mayfield 42-6
Mayfield 56-7
Ft Campbell will score when they play the JV. It will be another of 6 running clock games in a row.
I would have to agree on the 6 running clocks in a row. I guess the question will be will this be the fastest running clock.

Mayfield 60
Ft. Campbell 00
The toughest part abpit this game is getting on base. Gettimg on base will take longer than the game
[-] The following 1 user Likes MayfieldCardinal's post:
  • rookie57
Mayfield #2 in the current RPI. A lot can happen, but Beechwood making the long drive to Mayfield seems likely at this point.
Mayfield schedule not looking so good for RPI pts
(09-20-2021, 05:51 PM)64SUR Wrote: Mayfield schedule not looking so good for RPI pts
I think if both win out Mayfield holds the #2 but I wouldnt swear I did the math right
(09-20-2021, 06:28 PM)MayfieldCardinal Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 05:51 PM)64SUR Wrote: Mayfield schedule not looking so good for RPI pts
I think if both win out Mayfield holds the #2 but I wouldnt swear I did the math right

Yeah I'm not sure. Maybe if Beechwood were to beat Dixie and then Dixie were to win out, including a win against Ryle, it may be enough to jump Mayfield? I guess a lot of it would also depend on how CovCath, McCracken, Tilghman, Graves, and Hopkinsville finish out the season, though. Too much left to say for certain, but I would like where I'm sitting at this point if I were you guys. Beechwood's SoS isn't doing them any favors either.
I'll be shocked if there isn't a "Covid" cancelation
(09-20-2021, 04:16 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Mayfield #2 in the current RPI. A lot can happen, but Beechwood making the long drive to Mayfield seems likely at this point.
I sure hope so!

I’ve heard a couple different responses from others, my question is, if mayfield plays more above class teams than beechwood, which they do, and Mayfield’s and beechwood both win out, is there any way beechwood could pass them? I’ve heard it doesn’t matter what the higher teams you beat win loss record is. Just that you beat a higher class team, is that correct?
(09-21-2021, 05:55 AM)rookie57 Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 04:16 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Mayfield #2 in the current RPI. A lot can happen, but Beechwood making the long drive to Mayfield seems likely at this point.
I sure hope so!

I’ve heard a couple different responses from others, my question is, if mayfield plays more above class teams than beechwood, which they do, and Mayfield’s and beechwood both win out, is there any way beechwood could pass them? I’ve heard it doesn’t matter what the higher teams you beat win loss record is. Just that you beat a higher class team, is that correct?

Well the RPI does use a calculation of (.30 * opponents opponents winning percentage). Here is the formula. (WP*.35)+(OWP*.35)+(OOWP*.30)=RPI         rpiexample2018fbapb.pdf (khsaa.org)
(09-21-2021, 06:20 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
I sure hope so!

Well the RPI does use a calculation of (.30 * opponents opponents winning percentage). Here is the formula. (WP*.35)+(OWP*.35)+(OOWP*.30)=RPI         rpiexample2018fbapb.pdf (khsaa.org)
ThAnks, I don’t think that helps me a lot , lol, cause I ain’t got the brains to figure all that out. And don’t say it’s simple mathematics, no mathematics is simple at my age. Sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Bull got out!
They have to play the game as it is a District game which is a thankless effort as Mayfield wins with ease.
(09-21-2021, 08:58 AM)rookie57 Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 06:20 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
I sure hope so!

ThAnks, I don’t think that helps me a lot , lol, cause I ain’t got the brains to figure all that out. And don’t say it’s simple mathematics, no mathematics is simple at my age. Sad

I got a buddy (Bossdaddy4115) that's a genius with numbers. He built a template with the RPI format and can see the future lol. He was explaining it to me. I agree, some things make my eyes cross, RPI is one of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • rookie57