Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian 43 - Lexington Catholic 7
LCA gives Lex Cath the old RC Cola treatment in the 1st half. Catholic had zero answers against LCA’s defense and couldn’t handle the speed of LCA’s offense. Dominating performance by LCA period.
Way to go LCA
Wow, that’s a spanking. LCA looking like they may be one of the best teams in the state in any class.
[-] The following 3 users Like rookie57's post:
  • BobcatForever, TD Hounds, Tigerallamerican
(09-17-2021, 11:32 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Wow, that’s a spanking. LCA looking like they may be one of the best teams in the state in any class.
Yep, they are right there in the top two or three, at least.
WOW! LCA in total dominations! Congratulations!
LCA could win 6a this year. They are that good.
Can't wait to see them play Beechwood and I'm also interested to see how Pikeville does next week against them.
LCA and Beechwood are on a different level. I’m not saying a Mayfield couldn’t upset either but it’s a two team battle for the hardware.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreyStoke's post:
  • BEChargers
(09-18-2021, 01:06 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: LCA and Beechwood are on a different level. I’m not saying a Mayfield couldn’t upset either but it’s a two team battle for the hardware.
One team battle.  LCA is on a different level than everyone else. Beechwood won't be much competition, imo. But we'll see.
(09-18-2021, 01:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 01:06 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: LCA and Beechwood are on a different level. I’m not saying a Mayfield couldn’t upset either but it’s a two team battle for the hardware.
One team battle.  LCA is on a different level than everyone else. Beechwood won't be much competition, imo. But we'll see.
With Hergott at qb Beechwood has a shot against any team they will play. Wasn't LCA considered the favorite in the championship last year between these 2?
[-] The following 2 users Like pirateforlife's post:
  • GreyStoke, rookie57
(09-18-2021, 01:16 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 01:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
With Hergott at qb Beechwood has a shot against any team they will play. Wasn't LCA considered the favorite in the championship last year between these 2?

Yeah last year Hergott was just that much better, this year it’s Brown, I’m not sure Beechwood’s defense can do anything with him, he’s special the very kind.
(09-18-2021, 12:58 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: LCA could win 6a this year. They are that good.
Can't wait to see them play Beechwood and I'm also interested to see how Pikeville does next week against them.
No way- Might not be in top 5 in 6A or 5A and yes I have seen them play in person. They are talented and not taking anything away from them but they may not even win 2A
Did Nieves play in this one?
(09-18-2021, 12:15 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Did Nieves play in this one?
Yes - threw for over 300 I believe
(09-18-2021, 02:33 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 12:58 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: LCA could win 6a this year. They are that good.
No way- Might not be in top 5 in 6A or 5A and yes I have seen them play in person. They are talented and not taking anything away from them but they may not even win 2A
Absolutely, no doubt they are very good, but,,, on any given day, ya never know. I remember being at the state championships  a few years back and Caldwell county upset a highly favored team, I believe it was Danville. Caldwell county definitely didn’t have as much skill players but they had some really tuff kids and pulled off the upset.  I also remember a few years back mayfield played beechwood in the semi finals and it was a war, right down to the last play. Mayfield won and our radio announcer said on the air ( that was the state championship right there.) although most people wished he hadn’t said that, I think most people felt it was true and then mayfield went to the championship game and got smoked by hazard! I might have a team wrong, at my age my memory ain’t that good, but my point is ya gotta play the game. I believe outside Of LCA fans, the majority of people, myself included, had LCA penciled in to win last year but forget to send that message to beechwood.
[-] The following 2 users Like rookie57's post:
  • TD Hounds, Westside
(09-18-2021, 12:26 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
Absolutely, no doubt they are very good, but,,, on any given day, ya never know. I remember being at the state championships  a few years back and Caldwell county upset a highly favored team, I believe it was Danville. Caldwell county definitely didn’t have as much skill players but they had some really tuff kids and pulled off the upset.  I also remember a few years back mayfield played beechwood in the semi finals and it was a war, right down to the last play. Mayfield won and our radio announcer said on the air ( that was the state championship right there.) although most people wished he hadn’t said that, I think most people felt it was true and then mayfield went to the championship game and got smoked by hazard! I might have a team wrong, at my age my memory ain’t that good, but my point is ya gotta play the game. I believe outside Of LCA fans, the majority of people, myself included, had LCA penciled in to win last year but forget to send that message to beechwood.

Agree with this, just my opinion, but I still see 2A as a three team race LCA, Beechwood, and Mayfield.  Lot of variables come into who wins out and the chance of an upset always lingers but should be an exciting championship game once again and potentially a very good semi finals game or two.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • rookie57
This score doesn’t surprise me because LCA is that good and I had my doubts about Lexington Catholic after their game with Pulaski and Boyle’s game with Pulaski.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Gitback Coach
If you wanna see the magnitude of this rivalry watch how Lex Cath students pick on the LCA mascot while he tries to use the restroom. https://twitter.com/lcasection/status/14...96418?s=21
(09-18-2021, 10:34 PM)Eagle2009 Wrote: If you wanna see the magnitude of this rivalry watch how Lex Cath students pick on the LCA mascot while he tries to use the restroom. https://twitter.com/lcasection/status/14...96418?s=21
Shame on those kids… this must be addressed. Classless as always!!
5A isn’t too strong. Maybe them. But 6 is just a different ballgame.
(09-18-2021, 10:34 PM)Eagle2009 Wrote: If you wanna see the magnitude of this rivalry watch how Lex Cath students pick on the LCA mascot while he tries to use the restroom. https://twitter.com/lcasection/status/14...96418?s=21

Looks staged to me.
I was gonna say they needed those guys on the football field instead of bullying a mascot. They need that hind end tore up with a big hickory switch.
(09-19-2021, 12:31 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

Looks staged to me.

Yeah that was weird.
(09-19-2021, 08:39 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
LCA is a awesome team and has so much talent, and might pull one out one night against a good 5a team. But i think there’s a significant difference when playing in the playoffs against a probable mayfield, middlesboro, west carter? compared to manuel, st x, trinity, and a most likely top 25 team in the country Male. LCA shouldn’t have competition until they get to beechwood in the final, most likely. But to say they could win in 6a is a far fetched idea. But once again no shade towards LCA if we are having the discussion a 2a team can win 6a.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Westside
(09-19-2021, 03:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
LCA is a awesome team and has so much talent, and might pull one out one night against a good 5a team. But i think there’s a significant difference when playing in the playoffs against a probable mayfield, middlesboro, west carter? compared to manuel, st x, trinity, and a most likely top 25 team in the country Male. LCA shouldn’t have competition until they get to beechwood in the final, most likely. But to say they could win in 6a is a far fetched idea. But once again no shade towards LCA if we are having the discussion a 2a team can win 6a.

I don't see it that far fetched. Maybe not win but to think they couldn't compete? DeSales and CAL were just in 2A a couple years ago and would routinely compete with and beat St. X and other top 6A teams in Louisville, and then not even win the 2A title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • rookie57
(09-19-2021, 06:00 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 03:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

I don't see it that far fetched. Maybe not win but to think they couldn't compete? DeSales and CAL were just in 2A a couple years ago and would routinely compete with and beat St. X and other top 6A teams in Louisville, and then not even win the 2A title.
It’s just hard to compare a 5 week playoff comparison of LCA in 2a district 4 and 6a district 7 (lexington schools). In 2a a most probable scenario is somerset, danville, butler, middlesboro, Beechwood. In 6a it would be Tate’s creek, Henry clay, (trinity or bryan station), (manuel or st x), male. That’s a significant difference in talent. LCA beating one of these teams in regular season, why not. Beating these caliber teams week after week in the cold november months in the playoffs, that’s a hard ask for the packers. Still LCA wins outright in 1a 2a 3a and the rest are toss ups, which is crazy
Kinda like that one year when some students from the other side threw, drew and smeared paint on LC's vehicle and some go on some parents car while the game was going on. They did not feel the need to go on social media or the news.. or how about the (#1) middle finger towards the sideline after the game (how very christian of them) there is a video of that. Here is another (some might think it's funny) but a sign for from a student section that read "Fluffy (the kid is slightly plum) where the kid they are taunting/ harassing name is Duffy". Sure those scumbag kids in the restroom are low, but to my point. This 2.4 miles separation (43rd district) rivalry will go on and things like these incidents will continue.

But I will say this, LCA is the best in the city of LEX, probably in 2A... Heck probably in some of other classes just because of their strength of schedule. The academy and space aeronautic aka the farm, might think different, but they play a cupcake schedule.
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Eagle2009